Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    James Bond 007 Classics
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James Bond 007 Classics
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
50th Anniversary Series 2
Autographs & Relics
James Bond Archives
The Complete James Bond

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the scans. I know that I have all 4

Raven, my 71 year old mother and my 84 year old uncle are the prime doubters. They look at the Roger Moore and Daniel Craig autos, and the other 600 autos, and say "It looks like the SAME person signed every card !!"

I've had to deal with this forever. 20-25 years ago, my now deceased grandmother always told me to throw my 20,000 comic books into the furnace to heat the house, which is what she did to my Dad in the 1940s ! Wonder what gems my dear father had back then ? Superman # 1 ? We will never know

Posts: 4720 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have the Archives John Rhys Davies card listed as a 15 case incentive. How did you get an 'Archive' box in the first place? Was it with 15 cases?

regards

John

Posts: 2122 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I've had to deal with this forever. 20-25 years ago, my now deceased grandmother always told me to throw my 20,000 comic books into the furnace to heat the house, which is what she did to my Dad in the 1940s ! Wonder what gems my dear father had back then ? Superman # 1 ? We will never know

That's a shame, but it is the reason why old comics and cards are valuable. Unlike today's collectibles, they were not manufactured to be kept by adults and most were just tossed out.

Perhaps if you showed them the prices of your certified autograph cards on eBay, somebody might get a little impressed. Wink

Posts: 10423 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My late father would always say:

"It's one thing to see the value in a price guide, but it doesn't mean anything until someone is actually willing to GIVE you the money for it !"

Or something like that

Posts: 4720 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
quote:
Originally posted by 007bondcards:
I will take the gold auto of Craig as most expensive followed by Honor Blackman achive exclusive as second followed closely by Pierce Brosnan as my guesses in the horse race lol

I was thinking you would expect Criag/Brosnan cards to be very expensive, but there are already many (relatively) out there in the hands of collectors, which tends to lower the price (see price of Roger Moore cards).
Daniela Bianchi is one of the key Bond Girls who has not previously signed, so I think if you were buying the cards individually, you should keep a look-out for this card as a priority as it may be initially under-priced on that auction site. Wink

It looks like the Daniela Bianchi card is pretty steady as one if the highest price cards, with the Honor Blackman card usually selling for only slightly more. A bit lower down comes Pierce Brosnan, a great looking card, followed by a duller looking Daniel Craig card.

It is interesting to see Roger Moore's autograph card selling for less than the last one he did.

Posts: 1116 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post