Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Royal Wedding Cards
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Royal Wedding Cards
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
The past few days have seen two announcements for Royal Wedding cards. So who here will be buying 'em?

Topps announced a boxed set yesterday of 50 cards and Cult-Stuff is already selling two different sized 3-card promo sets in conjunction with a graphic novel from Markosia. Or you can get them free when you are one of the first buyers of the graphic novel. There's more info on the Cult-Stuff cards at the manufacturer site:

Royal Wedding

What do you all think? Seems like a natural to us.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Don't see why not. Girls in particular will love it. I noticed the other day that there is a sticker set out in the UK but didn't pay too much attention, but my 7 year old daughter will !

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am taking the family to London for the first time in a week. We leave to go home on Sunday...And the wedding is the Friday after. So we are getting out of Dodge just in time. I am making it my business to buy either a commemorative mug or plate to give as a joke to my friend. Smile

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
yes,theres a sticker set,if it was cards i would definately (maybe) be interested,of the ones i have seen,they are very disappointing,because kate was only on about 3 or 4 out of around 60.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I think its a natural for people in the U.K., less so for people in the U.S.

It kind of reminds me of my cousin's fantastic wedding reception, which was paid for by the second mortgage her parents took out on their home. The happy couple got divorced and the parents are still paying the bank. Frown Big Grin

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
but raven,was there are card set of it ? Razz

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Why not - You don't get many Royal Weddings. Have seen the stickers and will look out for the cards. Anybody want a Tea Towel?

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I dare not comment as i may end up in the tower. Eek

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Not for me - I am more interested other product. Looking forward to Cult stuffs War of the Worlds in particular

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Anybody want a Tea Towel?

Does it have the face of Jesus on as well? (Found in Coventry apparently - todays Metro page 4)

Actually the Metro has a 2 page spread on Royal Wedding paraphenalia including replica engagement ring, a snip at £999 (although actually cheaper than some cards!) cake decoration kits, shoes (!) and even vintage playing cards, although how they are vintage I don't quite get.

Note to moderators: If I have overstepped any boundaries with the tea towel thing this was not intentional, it just caught my eye in todays paper. Feel free to remove it if you think it may be in any way be seen as offensive.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not my thing, but people like my wife would totally be into them. She's been going gaga over the whole Royal Wedding since it was announced.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
In truth it's not something I would rush out and buy myself, but I can see the appeal to a lot of folks, which is why we produced them, and of course the comic has been very successful, after getting a lot of coverage in the national papers.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well I'm happy to acknowledge the fact that I have purchased some cards and the Graphic Book. For me the best thing about the Royal wedding is the extra day off work!

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
I'm definitely interested, but not sure that I will buy any (promo or set) unless I can find them stateside since the price for shipping is more than I'd like to pay.

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SciFiMom:
I'm definitely interested, but not sure that I will buy any (promo or set) unless I can find them stateside since the price for shipping is more than I'd like to pay.

Just to be clear....The Topps cards are a US release. In fact, they will be offered on QVC during their broadcast of The Royal Affair on April 29 (1 PM ET). I think they might be exclusive to this offer (not sure) and I don't think they have announced the price yet.

Also, as the Cult-Stuff cards are just a single full-sized promo or three "micro" promos, the price and postage shouldn't make them too cost-prohibitive. It's just £2.00 for the single card or £4.99 for the micro set and I think a couple more pounds for shipping.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:

Just to be clear....The Topps cards are a US release. In fact, they will be offered on QVC during their broadcast of The Royal Affair on April 29 (1 PM ET). I think they might be exclusive to this offer (not sure) and I don't think they have announced the price yet.

Also, as the Cult-Stuff cards are just a single full-sized promo or three "micro" promos, the price and postage shouldn't make them too cost-prohibitive. It's just £2.00 for the single card or £4.99 for the micro set and I think a couple more pounds for shipping.

Good to know! Thumb Up

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's not a case of,are you a royalist or not,Kate Middleton is a pretty girl,chief want card of pretty girl Razz

It is no coincidence that Danica Patrick as never won the indycar series,and yet is the must sought after for indy car card collectors

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:

I hate shipping costs, I really do. We did free shipping worldwide for a long time, but prices just kept going up... Now we have a flat rate system, the shipping is runs from £2.00 worldwide and that's combining all items.

The micro set price at £4.99 actually includes the larger promo as well as the three small ones. (and a selection of whatever promos we have in at the time)

The best way to find the full size promo however is to grab them from the comic publisher Markosia, they had the majority of them.

Or you could hassle Ed from Sci-Fi Cards, he stocks just about all of our stuff Wink

I think the Topps set will probably be a big seller and will bring in a lot of non traditional customers for cards, which again it the set is nice can only be a good thing. I wonder if they will be available in the UK? I have some doubts on that.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
everything manages to find its way to the uk,and theres always ebay Wink
so what about the chase/inserts ? do you think the queen would sign autograph cards ? or be as stuborn as halle berry,and what about a prince phillip show worn material card.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:

do you think the queen would sign autograph cards ?

One is not inclined to sign, naff orf.

Queenie. Wave

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post