Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Lost In Space Archives Series 1 Coming in April
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost In Space Archives Series 1 Coming in April
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
From the Rittenhouse website:

quote:
2018 Lost In Space Archives - Series 1
Irwin Allen's classic LOST IN SPACE is back on trading cards, and we're excited to present LOST IN SPACE Archives - Series 1! This all-new collection features autograph cards with inscriptions, newly rendered artwork for all 85 episodes (43 episodes in Series 1, with the remaining 42 episodes in Series 2 coming later this year). Plus metal character cards, hand-drawn sketch cards and a BONUS Triple Autograph Card signed by Billy Mumy, Angela Cartwright and Marta Kristen with every 2 Series 1 sets purchased! Billy Mumy and Marta Kristen have signed the Series 1 Inscription Autographs, and there are at least 6 different inscription variations signed by each actor! You get one Inscription Autograph from each actor with every set! Each set also comes with 1 character art autograph card signed by either June Lockhart or Angela Cartwright. If you purchase 2 sets, you will receive box cards! The 8 Metal cards are divided into 2 assortments of 4 cards each, so if you purchase 2 sets, you will receive all 8 metal cards. Last but not least, every set will come with 1 randomly selected, hand-drawn sketch card. No two sketches are exactly alike!

Auto cards look nice to me. Lots of room for an auto and inscription.

Metal cards are colorful.

The Ortiz art is whet you expect, like it or not it IS original.

SRP is $199.99 per set, though you're likely to get it cheaper from a Friendly Dealer.

Release Date April 25th.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Scifi Cards,

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Auto cards look nice to me. Lots of room for an auto and inscription.

Metal cards are colorful.

The Ortiz art is whet you expect, like it or not it IS original.

SRP is $199.99 per set, though you're likely to get it cheaper from a Friendly Dealer.

Release Date April 25th.

Like the Buffy sets, collectors will be better off buying the pieces they like from a dealer rather than a packaged set. It depends how good the sketch cards look, but I would expect collectors will be able to pick the autographs cards up for around $40-50. The variant autograph idea does seem a bit of a swizz to me.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That price is hilarious. Not in the good way.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Also anyone who collected the Worlds of Irwin Allen set already has the autographs so the only real attraction is the sketch.

Can't really see anyone ordering this until the list of artists is released and we know what the restrictions are on what they could draw.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I have more trouble trying to figure out how RA expects to get 2 series out of this title. Sure, there are only 200 sets made on Series 1 and I would assume it would be the same number on Series 2. Only now you are in for double to complete.

I do like the autograph cards, even if the signers are available in other products, but artwork for episode cards doesn't require another set. It will matter very much what the quality of the sketches are in terms of value.

This could have been a one-off with all the episode cards and maybe another hit or two. It's not like there isn't interest, but card collectors operate under changing standards when you hit certain price points. At least I do. Smile

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So to get all 8 metal cards, you must buy 2 sets, which is $ 400

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
So to get all 8 metal cards, you must buy 2 sets, which is $ 400

From Rittenhouse, yes.

Friendly Dealers might have other options for collectors though.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On a post on their website there was mention of cut signature cards. Are those slated for the second set?

I really don't have any interest in these autos since I already have them from the Complete Lost in Space release.

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
For this kind of price, I'd want to see more than printed autographs Shake Head

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I agree way too expensive for what you are getting.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Product page (with images) for Series 2 is now up. Coming October 24...

https://scifihobby.com/product...ce/archives-series2/

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Couple things about LIS Series 2 that make no sense to me is that (1) now you have to buy 3 sets to get basically 1 additional card in order to have a complete set (i.e. $600 at retail, instead of $400 ???), and (2) the first series was limited to only 200 sets and this one is limited to 300 sets? In what universe does that make sense - unless you're only in it to flip the premium cards? I think that Rittenhouse is as Lost as the Robinson family is!

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No 2 set bonus (Triple autograph in first series) Only 1 sketch card for 2 sets purchased and an extra 100 series 2 sets. Still a nice set.

Posts: 18 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow only 3 completed sales on the bay. Asking way to much money.

Posts: 18 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
I wish they would have continued the metal set in series 2.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are dead on Ian. A 2 set buy of series 1 was a way better deal.