Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Topps has the 'Dark knight' licence
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps has the 'Dark knight' licence
 Login/Join

posted
looking forward to more autograph stickers?? Shake Head

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to a great base set and some fun chase, Topps make great cards.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the best cards they did for me was the 1st lord of the rings,cracking inserts.the box toppers were stunning aswell and the auto list for a cast like that has never been beaten.every major star signed.i just wish they would lose them awful sticker autos!!

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
yes i'm not a fan of the stickers allthough i saw a Linda Blair one once on Supernatural i think and i must admit it did look quite nice.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Topps suck. WOOT 1 auto per case!!!

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markdennett:
the best cards they did for me was the 1st lord of the rings,cracking inserts.the box toppers were stunning aswell and the auto list for a cast like that has never been beaten.every major star signed.i just wish they would lose them awful sticker autos!!

Can't argue with that. To be honest, as bad as Topps can sometimes be I think their LOTR:FOTR release had what is probably the best roster of autographs for any non-sport set ever. As you say every important player signed and the vast majority are all major Hollywood stars - its a real achievement Topps pulled it off.

I think X-Men: The Movie comes a close second for me as everyone apart from Halle Berry signed. Overall, perhaps a little less A-List, but some VERY good names in there nonetheless.

What happened to Topps? They used to be so good at this... Frown

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Superm Returns was also great as far as the autograph lin-up beside the stickers of course.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I remember when they got Kevin Spacey to sign - that was quite a coup (such a great actor). If memory serves, weren't there only about 5 autos for that set? Yes we got Routh as Superman but apart from Spacey there wasn't much to get excited about IMO.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
Topps is up and down in my book . Star Wars episodes 1-3 they failed on getting Auto's . Episodes 4-6 the main cast mostly all signed at least one time . Indiana Jones they did well on as well . I think they really need to do a big Star Wars set for 1-3 ... cough , sorry off subject there . If they get Bale to sign and a few others it will be big . As for the stickers... They are what they are but i believe a numbered sticker on back ( serial number ) that could be looked up on line would be better but i will take what i can .

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
If they insist on stickers I wish they would take a page out of Leaf's book and make them clear. Then I would be able to look past it and make the purchase. But I cant stand the distracting holographic stickers where you have to tilt the card to see the autograph in all its glory.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
I remember when they got Kevin Spacey to sign - that was quite a coup (such a great actor). If memory serves, weren't there only about 5 autos for that set? Yes we got Routh as Superman but apart from Spacey there wasn't much to get excited about IMO.

That was a tough pull,they were topping the £700 mark when they 1st come out.i seen one sold for £150 a few months back.its always worth waiting for the price to settle.one off movies always seem to get cheaper as time goes by?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Have I missed something?

Topps always had the Batman Begins licence so we assume they had it for The Dark Knight but did not issue a set for whatever reason. Is there confirmation they are actually putting out a set for The Dark Kight Rises?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm confused now myself so I deleted my previous post. Has Topps announced they are doing a set or is this thread just speculation? Confused

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
they were going to release a set for the 2nd movie but they couldnt get autographs done in time and with the death of Ledger they binned it!!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
So are they making cards for The Dark Knight Rises? Thats what I thought you were saying might be happening with this thread (i.e. more sticker autos to look forward to)

posted Hide Post
yes they are making cards for the new Batman film.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robomole:
If they insist on stickers I wish they would take a page out of Leaf's book and make them clear. Then I would be able to look past it and make the purchase. But I cant stand the distracting holographic stickers where you have to tilt the card to see the autograph in all its glory.

Topps has been using the clear stickers for years, not sure why they use the holographic ones at all anymore.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
yes they are making cards for the new Batman film.

Where did you get the info?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I decided to e-mail Topps customer service last night and ask them if they have the license and are doing a card set and here's the reply I got:

"I have not been informed if we are in fact making this product, so unfortunately I cannot confirm this at the time.

Regards,

Topps CST"

So who knows.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Topps could do with a good movie set release after the last one I remember was a total failure, Terminator Salvation. I don't know if we could be sure Topps could get Christian Bale to sign for a Batman set when they didn't get him to sign for TS.

I wouldn't believe in a Dark Knight Rises set unless I saw it on the shelves because Topps tend to announce things and then never release them. What happened to the Avatar set? What happened to the other Terminator sets? They buy these licenses then nothing comes of them and I can't imagine Avatar would have been cheap.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post