Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Perna Studios Presents Classic Fairy Tales
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Perna Studios Presents Classic Fairy Tales
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted
Perna Studios is very excited to announce our fourth trading card set (in the works) entitled Classic Fairy Tales (for release in the Fall of 2014). This set will focus on the classic traditional stories from our youth. Stories include; Red Riding Hood, Snow White, The Land of Oz, Hansel and Gretel, The Three Bears, Wonderland and many more. This set will also include sketch cards from some of the top artists in the industry.

Our first sneak peek card for this release will be of Red Riding Hood drawn by artist Juri H. Chinchilla. These will be given away at Tony Perna's table (P23) during the Fan Expo Canada comic con in Toronto August 22nd-25th 2013 (one per person). www.fanexpocanada.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elaine Perna,

Posts: 2288 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great news and terrible news Big Grin !

Great that you are doing it Dance .

Terrible that we've got to wait until next year to get it Frown .

And that promo is brilliant Thumb Up . Hopefully some will be left after the show for those of us unable to make it.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Count me IN

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
Plenty of time to save up some money. Maybe. Hopefully.
Can't wait to see the artist list!

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wvfan
posted Hide Post
Will the be adult theme ?

Im hoping not that way me and my kid can collect this set together.

Posts: 130 | Location: petersburg WV | Registered: December 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wvfan:

This set will NOT have an adult theme. This set will be based on classic versions of these characters from the traditional stories. No Disney or overly big breasts or sexual poses or modernized versions.

Posts: 2288 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine Perna:
quote:

This set will NOT have an adult theme. This set will be based on classic versions of these characters from the traditional stories.
Hm, have you read the original Grimm's Fairy Tales ? No big breasts or sexual poses but not exactly cute children's stories either. Most had/have a decidedly adult theme Big Grin

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine Perna:
quote:

This set will NOT have an adult theme. This set will be based on classic versions of these characters from the traditional stories.
Hm, have you read the original Grimm's Fairy Tales ? No big breasts or sexual poses but not exactly cute children's stories either. Most had/have a decidedly adult theme Big Grin

Yeah, we've read some of those stories and we'd like keep some of the hard-core moments out (Example: Sleeping Beauty being violated while sleeping and giving birth while sleeping. etc...). We want to try to keep the magical feel to some of these stories intact, but we don't want pin-up versions of the characters or characters using machine guns, etc....

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think if you keep the tone of the first promo card they will be perfect Thumb Up .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
I think if you keep the tone of the first promo card they will be perfect Thumb Up .

I couldn't agree more Triple-Frog. I love the idea of a fairy tale set, so I'm definitely in on this one! Smile

And I can't wait to get that promo too, it's lovely.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

That's what we have in mind. Big Grin

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Is that a wolfie on that card because I do make a charge for image rights. Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Is that a wolfie on that card because I do make a charge for image rights. Big Grin

wolfie, that's a chicken, not a wolf. Big Grin

Posts: 96 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wvfan
posted Hide Post
This will be the first sketch based set I have ever purchased. Finally somthing me and my daughter can bust together

Thank you all for doing this one.

Posts: 130 | Location: petersburg WV | Registered: December 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
I really like the look of that promo. Nice work this is something I can open with my kids.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I hope you will reconsider and include at least 1 tentacle rape / AK47 gangsta Redd Riding nda HOOD (Crip Killa) chase card. You know, for us "mature" collectors who never "matured" past 7th grade.

Posts: 559 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Studio-Hades:
I hope you will reconsider and include at least 1 tentacle rape / AK47 gangsta Redd Riding nda HOOD (Crip Killa) chase card. You know, for us "mature" collectors who never "matured" past 7th grade.

Wow. I think you have us confused with some other company. We don't produce **** like that.

Posts: 96 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I love the look of this promo, as I adore the classic/retro children's storybook illustration style. I'm very glad to hear that this will be the direction this set is heading. Not that I'm opposed in any way to "adult-themed" sets, but there are *plenty* of sets out there to appeal to that segment of collectors.

Will this promo be available for sale after the show? Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Tony: +1 Clap

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Studio-Hades:

I'm sure another company will produce something like that. It's just not for us.