Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Hello Kitty World Adventures Collectipak from Upper Deck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello Kitty World Adventures Collectipak from Upper Deck
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hello:

Got some info from Upper Deck on their new Hello Kitty series. This is aimed at young girls.

Packs will carry a SRP of $1.99 and will contain 6 cards. Boxes contain 36 packs. The series is slated for November.

Here is a brief description of the product from Upper Deck: "Konnichiwa, Bonjour, and Hello Kitty! Hello Kitty is embarking on a world adventure, and you’re invited! Share her world travels, learn fun facts about Hello Kitty and the world, and help Hello Kitty fill her passport as she travels to more than 20 countries! Let the adventure begin! Hello Kitty World Adventures is the premiere set in Upper Deck's Hello Kitty Collectipak™ series, based on Sanrio's globally popular character Hello Kitty."

And below are some further facts about the series from Upper Deck
  • Collect all the different country-themed stickers for Hello Kitty (ranked a "favorite character" among all girls ages 6-11).
  • Learn about different places in the world and fill Hello Kitty’s Passport first to win the game!
  • Look for one premium foil card in every pack!
  • Explore diverse looks for Hello Kitty from all over the world!
  • Each Collectipak™ contains 4 sticker country cards, 1 premium foil card, 1 passport, 1 token card, and 1 checklist/rules sheet.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I will have to get some of these for the store.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nevets
posted Hide Post
Hello Kitty is welcome in my house any day.

Now if these had sketch cards I would drop a mint.

Wait..... did you say Upper Deck? bah nevermind (money goes back in wallet)

Posts: 168 | Location: Portland | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
There may also be lenticular cards if Upper Deck handles this like their Thomas set. The blister packs contained a lenticular.

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of <<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>
posted Hide Post
Oh great, something else my niece will be begging me for.

Posts: 217 | Location: Where you can't find me!!!!!! | Registered: August 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
picked up 15 packs yesterday. we have not opened them all yet (will post when we do). the packs we found also came with 1 mini Hello Kitty figure in addition to what was posted above. we did open 2 packs, and the cards are not numbered, and the "checklist" in every pack is not really a checklist. more like an advertising piece. so we have no idea how many cards in each subset. will try and figure it out this afternoon.

Posts: 642 | Location: VT | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
"Collectible Miniatures & Stickers Trading Card Game Hits Stores This Week"

UD has a new press release for this. it is a TCG and meant to be played using the token cards

http://www.upperdeck.com/marke...rticle.aspx?aid=7716

Posts: 642 | Location: VT | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
The press release states $1.99, but the price at Target was $2.99.

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dstrohmeng:
The press release states $1.99, but the price at Target was $2.99.

If you look at the press release linked above in Glen87's post, you'll notice it says

quote:
The TCG is delivered via individual foil packs which retail for $1.99 each and include one foil card, one token card, four sticker cards, one passport, and one rules sheet.

AND later states....

quote:
In expanded Collectipaks, which retail for $2.99 apiece, one of eight randomly seeded country-themed Hello Kitty figures is also included.

Kinda confusing, no?? You must have found the "expanded Collectipaks" rather then the basic TCG packs.

Also, when I posted the original release (above), I had thought this was going to be a traditional card release, not a TCG. Silly me!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Harris - you just got excited about another hello kitty product didn't you????? Big Grin

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
I didn't even notice the link, so I only saw the $1.99 part. I assumed that they decided to add the figure and hiked the price. I didn't realize there were different types of packs. I've only seen the expanded packs.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
the target we went to only had the expanded packs. finally got them opened yesterday, will (really) get a list up tomorrow!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
there is also a collector deluxe collectipack (no price mentioned). according to the ad inside the packs...

"Look for the Hello Kitty World Adventures Deluxe Collectipak with a collector's album, and a travel bag."

from the picture it looks like a pack of cards, 2 figures, a little purse, a mini album, and a couple of cards i can't make out.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Leopold 'Butters' Stotch: I don't play world of warcraft...
Eric Cartman: Butters, you said that you're on your computer all the time.
Leopold 'Butters' Stotch: Yeah, but I'm playing hello kitty island adventure!
Eric Cartman: Ugh... Butters, go buy world of warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you!
Leopold 'Butters' Stotch: O-oh... Al-alright then!

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
I've opened 9 packs (5 packs with 8 items, 4 packs with 9 items - the 9th item being a mini Hello Kitty figure).

I'm disappointed there isn't a real checklist included in the pack or even online, only instructions for how to play the game. The so-called checklist is just photos of the 8 mini figures available in the expanded collectipak. Razz

I will post my pulls (hopefully) later today. Smile

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
Stickers
Australia
Brazil (2)
Canada (5)
China (2)
Egypt
England (5)
France (3)
Holland (4)
India (3)
Italy (2)
Japan (4)
Kenya (3)
Mexico (2)
Morocco (3)
Russia (2)
Scotland
Spain (4)
Thailand

Foils
Australia
Brazil
Canada (3)
China
England (2)
Italy
Japan (2)
Kenya

Mini Figures
Brazil (3)
Ireland

*Bought 3 more packs this past Sunday, mostly duplicates, pulled 3 or 4 cards I didn't have yet.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SciFiMom,

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post