Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Cryptozoic's Smallville release?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cryptozoic's Smallville release?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
I'm not surprised that Welling didn't sign, I'm sure Inkworks tried many times, after all they did release sets for the first 6 seasons. It seems to me if the main actor doesn't sign for the first set, they never sign for any set (seems to be the case for a lot of shows)

Have no idea why Kristin Kruek wouldn't sign either, she's barely done anything since she left Smallville. I think it would only help your career to get yourself out there, signing cards for your fans to collect, keeping you in the public eye.

Not necessarily true. How many sets of James Bond have been released until Pierce Brosnan decided to sign for a set? Also, David Ogden Stiers finally signed for a card set. And he is notorious for not signing autographs ttm or in person.

That's why I added, seems to be the case for a lot of shows Smile

Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy) NO
Kiefer Sutherland (24) NO
Matt Fox (LOST) NO
Tom Welling (Smallville) NO

They're the only ones I can think of off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more of them. I think a card company would strive to have the lead actor sign for the first set of cards, so if they don't appear in the first season, the chance of them showing up in a later set are quite low.

Lead actors that sign for the first card set release:

Michael C Hall for Dexter
Jared and Jensen for Supernatural
Kristen Bell for Veronica Mars
Jennifer Love Hewitt for Ghost Whisperer
Jennifer Garner for Alias
Eddie and Joanne for Warehouse 13

Interestingly all of the above also signed for the second card release as well Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ra$
posted Hide Post
Dont forget about Kristin Kruek (Smallville) she didnt sign first season either for Inkworks i doubt she will sign for Cryptozoic (hope i am wrong)

Posts: 97 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
She hasn't been announced as a signer so I doubt she has signed either, but I'm not surprised because she never signed for any of the Inkworks sets Frown

Can anyone disprove this theory?

The only one I can think of is David Duchovny finally signing for IWTB when he never signed for any previous X-Files set. Gillan had signed previously.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
She hasn't been announced as a signer so I doubt she has signed either, but I'm not surprised because she never signed for any of the Inkworks sets Frown

Can anyone disprove this theory?

The only one I can think of is David Duchovny finally signing for IWTB when he never signed for any previous X-Files set. Gillan had signed previously.

Well it might be disproved when the Walking Dead Series 2 is released. Neither Andrew Lincoln or Sarah Wayne Callies signed for the first set and you would call them the leads on the show.

I would expect to see autographs from one or both in Series 2, if for no other reason than that they keep killing off cast members. Big Grin

We have already lost two signers from the first go round last year. Frown

Whoops I think I misspoke, only one original signer gone, the other had costume card. Might still qualify for Season 2 auto I guess, but would really like to see Lincoln next time. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I know Andrew Lincoln is a good signer through the mail.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was told by the staff that was at the Cryptozoic booth that both Welling and Kreuk has refused to sign.

It was however cool to see a few of the costumes that the costume cards are coming from.

Posts: 33 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I'm glad they got some costumes out of Warner Brothers as they put everything else into archives and didn't even allow the actors to buy some of the iconic props and costumes.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic updated the list of confirmed signers for Smallville Seasons 7-10 today on their website today.

Cryptozoic Smallville page

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Still hoping for....

-Elise Gatien
-Alessandro Juliani
-Keri Lynn Pratt
-Britney Irvin

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
Still hoping for....

-Elise Gatien
-Alessandro Juliani
-Keri Lynn Pratt
-Britney Irvin

Serinda Swan

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Second on Serinda Swan.

-Michael

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
There are some base card samples on the Cryptozoic website now. The cards look amazing! Really sharp photos compared to the Inkworks sets. Speaking of Inkworks, I have to say I'm a little worried. Since I've always found the Inkworks Smallville autograph card design to be ugly, I impulsively sold off my Smallville collection, in anticipation of this one. I worry because Rosenbaum, Durance, O'Toole, and Mack are not confirmed signers yet. I really hope that Cryptozoic sealed the deal, and is simply waiting for the cards to arrive in house, otherwise I'm gonna have to rebuy those autographs in the Inkworks version again.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robomole:
There are some base card samples on the Cryptozoic website now. The cards look amazing! Really sharp photos compared to the Inkworks sets. Speaking of Inkworks, I have to say I'm a little worried. Since I've always found the Inkworks Smallville autograph card design to be ugly, I impulsively sold off my Smallville collection, in anticipation of this one. I worry because Rosenbaum, Durance, O'Toole, and Mack are not confirmed signers yet. I really hope that Cryptozoic sealed the deal, and is simply waiting for the cards to arrive in house, otherwise I'm gonna have to rebuy those autographs in the Inkworks version again.

I doubt that they got all four of those actors to sign. Their auto lineup is already really impressive without them. I agree it would be great to have them though.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
Serinda Swan

Here you go...

Smile

Seriously, Chuck. If they don't make her card. You should make something to send to her. She is pretty good signing through the mail.

Picture of Ra$
posted Hide Post
I agree...hope they do sign again as 2 i wanted has been comfirm Laura and Cassidy Smile

Waiting and hoping Michael, Allison and Erica to be comfirm singer, those the other 3 really want..if they dont sign i have to get them from inkworks!

Posts: 97 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
It would be great if they could get at least one of those 3 as they were on the show for a long time.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
indeed, Zatanna is a must have for this release! Smile

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The P1 promo came in NSU and P4 will be at Philly.

Where will promos P2 and P3 be released ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
I wanted to wait a while before I posted anything, but for the past day or so, the Smallville page has completely disappeared from the Cryptozoic website. I hope everything is ok, and maybe it just means a major update is coming soon!

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just checked the site, still not there?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post