Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Cryptozoic's Smallville release?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cryptozoic's Smallville release?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
Is it just me or are most Canadian actresses pretty pricey.

Emmanuelle Chriqui, Anna Paquin, Cobie Smulders, Laura Vandervoort, Nina Dobrev (ok, she was born in Bulgaria but moved here at age 2).

I think it has less to do with being Canadian and more with the fact that they are good to look at Wink

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was going to pick up a Vandervoort auto to add to my Canadian actresses collection, but they are pricier than expected due to scarcity.

Is it just me or are most Canadian actresses pretty pricey.

Emmanuelle Chriqui, Anna Paquin, Cobie Smulders, Laura Vandervoort, Nina Dobrev (ok, she was born in Bulgaria but moved here at age 2).

I have no idea whom Emmanuelle Chriqui is, but for the rest of them they are big names for the tv shows they appear in, so I would expect them to be quite expensive and as for Vandervoort, having her a short print hasn't helped that price.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have no idea whom Emmanuelle Chriqui is,

Check out the last episode of The Mentalist this year.Actually thats a show crying out for a card set.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Ah, I've never really watched The Mentalist before.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:

Did you ever see the movie "You don't mess with the Zohan"? She plays Dalia.
She was also in multiple episodes of Entlourage and The Borgias, or if you are into bad Horror she was in Wrong Turn with Eliza Dushku.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So based on what I am seeing in terms of auctions, the Vandervort (Supergirl) auto is ultra tough to find, followed by Ashmore (Jimmy Olsen). John Schneider and Margot Kidder seem to be somewhat difficult, and all of the other 10 autos seem to be easy to pull. Is this correct ?

Are any costume cards tough to find ?

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:

Did you ever see the movie "You don't mess with the Zohan"? She plays Dalia.
She was also in multiple episodes of Entlourage and The Borgias, or if you are into bad Horror she was in Wrong Turn with Eliza Dushku.

Out of all of them I've only seen Wrong Turn and I barely remember it Smile Looks like a trip to IMDB for me. Thanks Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
So based on what I am seeing in terms of auctions, the Vandervort (Supergirl) auto is ultra tough to find, followed by Ashmore (Jimmy Olsen). John Schneider and Margot Kidder seem to be somewhat difficult, and all of the other 10 autos seem to be easy to pull. Is this correct ?

Are any costume cards tough to find ?

Based on the case breaks so far the M20 costume is as tough a pull as the Vandervort auto.Just two found in twelve cases from the breaks posted here Eek .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see 3 M20s on the auction site now, only in the $30-40 range, so it doesn't seem that they are that tough

However, I've only seen 1 Vandervort auto

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
From the breaks that I've seen I would say

Dean Cain, Callum Blue, and Sam Witwer autos are common
Terrance Stamp, Cassidy Freeman, Justin Hartley and Tori Spelling less common
John Glover, Margot Kidder, and James Marsters are second rarest
John Schneider, Aaron Ashmore, Eric Johnson and Laura Vandervoort are the rarest with LV being the most rare.

Costume card wise I would say M20 is the rarest followed by M21 (both of these are tank tops for Cassidy Freeman).

For Clark costumes M1 and M5 seem to the rarest.

For other costumes I would say M13, M15, and M16 are way less commom than the other...M19 could probably be added to that mix.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Laura is going to be at a show in London at Earl's Court next month if you want to pick up an in-person auto.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
Laura is going to be at a show in London at Earl's Court next month if you want to pick up an in-person auto.

She also is a very good signer through the mail.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
So the lucky person that picked up Laura's auto for $100 with free shipping must be laughing.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
From the breaks that I've seen I would say

Dean Cain, Callum Blue, and Sam Witwer autos are common
Terrance Stamp, Cassidy Freeman, Justin Hartley and Tori Spelling less common
John Glover, Margot Kidder, and James Marsters are second rarest
John Schneider, Aaron Ashmore, Eric Johnson and Laura Vandervoort are the rarest with LV being the most rare.

Costume card wise I would say M20 is the rarest followed by M21 (both of these are tank tops for Cassidy Freeman).

For Clark costumes M1 and M5 seem to the rarest.

For other costumes I would say M13, M15, and M16 are way less commom than the other...M19 could probably be added to that mix.

I had Margot Kidder and M21 costume in my two boxes, so I guess I did pretty well on that score Smile

posted Hide Post
HAVE QUESTION
OPened one box smallville

ended up missing missing card 66 through 79

filed a ticket for missing cards on web page

now web page says case closed

i have not heard ant thing back from them is this normal

Posts: 22 | Location: AMERICA | Registered: February 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of yorkbag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
This was posted on D&A Card World Smile

Anyone actually ever come across this "leather logo" variant? I opened a dozen cases years back and never hit one. Also, never saw one ever posted on eBay either, or any other "indented variant".

Posts: 33 | Location: SoFla | Registered: December 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post