Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Cryptozoic's Smallville release?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cryptozoic's Smallville release?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The release date is now May 30th...evidently they had quality control issues with their print company again...seems like this has been an issue on every release. Seems like it's time to move on from whatever company they are currently using.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
The release date is now May 30th...evidently they had quality control issues with their print company again...seems like this has been an issue on every release. Seems like it's time to move on from whatever company they are currently using.

We have actually used 3 different printers so far. The one that produced Vampire Diaries we will never ever use again.

The one producing Smallville is actually excellent and the "problem" was actually pretty minor but correctable and we would rather fix it than ship something we know isn't right.

Thanks.

Scott

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm wishing I bought more cases of this stuff

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I've just purchased 2 boxes and a binder for this set, hopefully I get a couple of good pulls Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:

Could you imagine the feeding frenzy if they took the "S" from this shirt and made it into an oversized 1/1 relic? Eek

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless someone jumped early, looks like these have been released. Waiting to see what the Laura Vandervoort card looks like.

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The auctions finish after the release date so you won't get them before the Release?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think the stuff looks great...the is an LV up now

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Regardless of when a buyer receives something, Scans of actual "in hand" cards are not supposed to be posted prior to release day. Of course, there are a couple of dealers who always ignore that.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
There's even a redemption up already! Hopefully I find one in my case. I sure as heck will never be able to afford to buy it on its own.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robomole:
There's even a redemption up already! Hopefully I find one in my case. I sure as heck will never be able to afford to buy it on its own.

Yep...I don't see that as a $750 card. I don't know that I could pay a bunch for that redemption since there are single costume cards with the same material on them.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Yeah, not a chance I would pay anywhere near that. I'll certainly be able to live without it. I've paid less for full costumes than a couple of tiny bits.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If Scott is around, can you verify whether the Aaron Ashmore auto is short printed?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
My supplier has shipped mine, so hopefully sometime next week I'll be able to bust the couple of boxes I've bought.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Someone I know opened more than 2 cases and didn't get a master set--short 4 autos, I believe. Frown And didn't pull the elusive redemption card.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Someone I know opened more than 2 cases and didn't get a master set--short 4 autos, I believe. Frown And didn't pull the elusive redemption card.

Not surprising. Miss Lizzy opened 3 +2 boxes and didn't have an auto OR costume set.

Some of these cards are short printed, that much is obvious to me.

But, it also takes way more than 2 cases for the law of averages to kick in.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow ! And at $800-900 a case, that's alot of $$$ to spend to put together a master set !

Unless I am mistaken, you can probably put together a master set of any Rittenhouse James Bond set, each of which have a ton of autos and costume cards (minus the multi-case incentives) for alot less.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It would seem the Laura Vandervoort auto is almost as hard a pull as the redemption. On another board we've had 10+ cases posted, and only one of each has been pulled.

I busted one box from my three cases so far. I'll be busting the rest when I get home from work.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I was going to pick up a Vandervoort auto to add to my Canadian actresses collection, but they are pricier than expected due to scarcity.

Is it just me or are most Canadian actresses pretty pricey.

Emmanuelle Chriqui, Anna Paquin, Cobie Smulders, Laura Vandervoort, Nina Dobrev (ok, she was born in Bulgaria but moved here at age 2).

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post