Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Cryptozoic's Smallville release?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cryptozoic's Smallville release?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Any new info on the release date?

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
Any new info on the release date?

Since it's early May I would guess the 4th or 11th (hoping for the 4th).

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My distributor now tells me mid-May. Couldn't pinpoint a specific date. Also, some good news. Now each box will have one auto and 3 costume cards! Best to get in your orders now if you haven't done so already.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by non-sportcards:
My distributor now tells me mid-May. Couldn't pinpoint a specific date. Also, some good news. Now each box will have one auto and 3 costume cards! Best to get in your orders now if you haven't done so already.

Wow...seriously...3 costume cards per box...I can forgive another delay given that news....mid May would mean the 11th or 18th I guess.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by non-sportcards:

More info on this...the costume card breakdown is (1) Clark Kent, (1) Guest Star, and (1) other main cast.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering if the overloading of boxes is an indication that this will be Cryptozoic's only Smallville set. If so, I may up my box orders to a case if this is the only release...

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of yorkbag
posted Hide Post
I originally had an order for 2 cases and now knowing more info on what this will contain, I have now pre-ordered four cases. 2 to open and we'll see about the other two.....

Posts: 33 | Location: SoFla | Registered: December 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I am thniking that I may double down as well.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Miss Lizzy posted the costume card checklist (it's 30 cards!)

8 different Clark
3 Davis Bloom
1 Jimmy Olsen
2 Lois
2 Chloe
1 Kara
3 Zod
4 Tess
2 Lionel
1 Linda Lake
1 Dr. Knox
2 Milton Fine (Brainiac)

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They really should do a better job of posting information

posted Hide Post
Autographs: Vandervoot(sp) error. Nice. lol

Posts: 12 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Kinda of bummed about the final autograph list. Was hoping for more of the cast that previous sets didn't get to. Don't get me wrong they have some new people. But, 8 of the 14 have been released already. Was hoping for members of the JSA, Legion or other new guests. This all being said. The set looks great and other releases of from the company do to. I am just more of an autograph collector and was hoping for something different. Finally, to anyone from Cryptozoic reading this. I really do appreciate you releasing this and other show sets.

Oh and another error...Its not Oliver McQueen its just Queen. Smile

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
Hi folks.

Just a quick update - we are now sold out of all Smallville cases. Release will be in mid May.

Fringe will be June.

Best,

Scott

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Gaeta:
Hi folks.

Just a quick update - we are now sold out of all Smallville cases. Release will be in mid May.

Fringe will be June.

Best,

Scott

Congrats on the quick sell out...would you consider doing another Smallville release since this one presold out?

posted Hide Post
Hi Scott. Just wanted to say thanks for the updates and continuing to put out some awesome products! I missed out on The Walking Dead but have gotten cases of everything since, including Smallville upcoming.

Posts: 12 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So there was a P2 promo at C2E2 ? Why have we not seen this card anywhere ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In case you didn't hear already, the release date is now May 22nd. That means Fringe will probably be the end of June.

posted Hide Post
According to Cryptozoic's website there are 25 redemption cards inserted into this product for an

"R1 - R25 - Oversized card (4"x6") containing a piece of Clark Kent's red leather jacket and blue t-shirt."

I found a picture on a retailer's forum:

SMALLVILLE OS MEM CARD_1 by bigmike2738, on Flickr

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
While the card is very nice looking, I am kinda disappointed that the relic windows are so small compared to the size of the card.

Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
I really hope I pull one of these to complete my master set, but if I don't, I don't see me chasing it down since those 2 swatches will be in the regular costume cards as well.
The only thing that could make me chase it now is if somehow all of the redemption red jacket swatches have an "S" variant, or something unique to set it apart from the normal costume card.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post