Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Non-Sport Inserts in UD's 2011 Parkhurst Champions Hockey
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Inserts in UD's 2011 Parkhurst Champions Hockey
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
Stumbled across this bit of information on the upcoming 2011 Parkhurst Champions Hockey set from Upper Deck:

quote:
Upper Deck is also bringing back one of the most popular elements of the Champ’s set with the inclusion of rare Champ’s Fossil and Artifacts redemption cards. Among the wild and wooly artifacts are an ancient cave bear tooth (still embedded in a jaw bone), the brain cavity of an Auroch, teeth from prehistoric creatures like the Spinosaurus and collectible coins dating back to Ancient Greece and the Roman Empire.

“Our new 2011 NHL Parkhurst Champions product is absolutely loaded with some of the most compelling NHL trading cards in recent y2011 Parkhurst Masterpieces Orrears,” said Josh Zusman, Upper Deck’s Hockey brand manager. “It pays honor to retired NHL superstars with superb imagery for autograph cards and the new ‘Parkhurst Masterpiece’ cards are going to really blow fans away. With the inclusion of the Champ’s Fossil and Artifacts redemption cards, 2011 NHL Parkhurst Champions represents a tremendous value for collectors.”

Also of interest for those liking original art:

quote:
A new type of NHL card debuts in 2011 Parkhurst Champions with hand-painted “Parkhurst Masterpiece” cards, featuring a selection of 30 NHL legends and limited to just 10 copies each. The backs are also autographed by the artist.

I know it's Hockey, but it's something to be on the lookout for.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Those cards are really nice if they are similar to past issues. Just like the Entemology cards they also put out. They would be neat to have but too expensive for something I don't really collect.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
Those cards are really nice if they are similar to past issues. Just like the Entemology cards they also put out. They would be neat to have but too expensive for something I don't really collect.

They are cool, but pricey. I just picked up 2 of the common fossils from last year for $25 each, which was a steal. They normally are $40+ . . .

Very cool set, but expensive, and some of the cards are insanely limited, so set collecting is only for folks with deep pockets, I've seen some of these top $1000.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
They are cool, but pricey. I just picked up 2 of the common fossils from last year for $25 each, which was a steal. They normally are $40+ . . .

Very cool set, but expensive, and some of the cards are insanely limited, so set collecting is only for folks with deep pockets, I've seen some of these top $1000.

I guess that is why the redemptions are always over $100.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post