Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    American Horror Story Preview set
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Horror Story Preview set
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted
Hot off the press. Cards being sent out for signatures.
American Horror Preview set
4 autograph cards Dylan McDermott (2)numbered to 100 /Evan Peters numbered to 150/ Zachary Quinto numbered to only 50
2 costume autograph cards numbered to 100
2 costume cards numbered to 100
12 card set
6 card foil chase set
7 AP cards
There will only be 800 sets
More information coming soon.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: t.breyer,

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Bouncey Metal Awesome!!

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Tom, what do you mean by 7 promo cards ? Are these in addition to the ones released by NSU, at the Philly show, the Chicago show, and through Applecards ? I am confused.

I believe you have 14 or 15 different promos released so far

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
yes 7 different promos just for this set

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
To clarify, are these 7 part of the 14/15 that have been released ?

I cannot recall whether the promos that are out there promote the preview set or the actual card set due later on.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
Looks good, but I'm going to have to pass, too many promos with 15 already.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
nice! Big Grin

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
sorry to hear that doc

tom

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
There'll be plenty of takers on these, Tom. Good stuff, yet again, sir!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
sorry to hear that doc

tom

I'd still most likely be all over it, but Grimm is coming soon, and the funds just won't be there. Wish you the best of luck with this set though.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I would hope that there are actual design differences between these inserts and those that will be packed out in the main set. Keeping the same design certainly didn't help the Transformers set.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
Anticipation is hard to contain!

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very cool. I like the look of the auto cards and the Constance/Rubber Man costume cards are great!! Cool

Can you share the details of how the set will be packed out - premium packs, "mystery" packs, etc. etc. - and the pricing? Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
These will be
Packs
12 card set
2 foil chase cards (6 to collect)
1 promo card (7 to collect)
1 autograph or costume card (numbered) 8 to collect
price through dealers/dist

Tom

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great, thanks for the set info!

So, one other question: the Preview set is an SDCC exclusive, right? Will these be available to order through dealers prior the Con and/or will they be available for purchase on site?

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Debi I will post that info as soon as i am 100% sure.

Tom

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cool. Thanks Tom. Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Wow, love the design of the autograph cards, they're Fantastic!

I'm hoping to grab a Dylan McDermott auto, was a fan of his from The Practice. I didn't watch the whole first season of American Horror Story just the first episode, it freaked me out too much so I couldn't watch any more! Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
I've seen mention of the following two pre-releases:
1 - American Horror Story Preview Set
2 - American Horror Story Comic Con Set

Are they one and the same?
Or will SDCC see a seperate set to hunt for?

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
Hot off the press. Cards being sent out for signatures.
American Horror Preview set
4 autograph cards Dylan McDermott (2)numbered to 100 /Evan Peters numbered to 150/ Zachary Quinto numbered to only 50
2 costume autograph cards numbered to 100
2 costume cards numbered to 100
12 card set
6 card foil chase set
7 promo cards
There will only be 800 sets

So if my maths is correct then each of the 800 packs will have one of the premium insert cards, autograph or costume? Plus base and foil chase?

I do have a question regarding the promos, and i'm sorry if i'm asking the obvious here but, what does AP and AR mean? The AP promos all seem to be the Preview Set promos but that might just be a coincidence. Also what is the 'Red Robin' all about? I've heard of a Round Robin but not a Red Robin (other than the bird obviously!).

Thanks!

Posts: 191 | Location: Cheshire, UK | Registered: January 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post