Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Spooky Similarity
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spooky Similarity
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted
Hey Guys
I would just like to make all board members and lurkers aware of an "Bay" seller who is offering a nearly exact set of "Spook Show" cards as Monsterwax has recently released. Even some of the same "bonus" items. The quality is far, far inferior and, in my opinion, a complete waste of money. So if you're interested in this cool set, make sure it's from Monsterwax and you'll get what you paid for. Just sayin'.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
Yeah, someone sent me samples of those. They were printed using a home computer with an ink jet printer on uncoated paper. That's why they are blurry (the paper absorbs the ink and loses detail.) It's also why they have scan lines and smell so strong. They used our Creaturefest poster (card #2, painted by Ricardo Garijo) thinking it was a vintage spook show poster. We commissioned it in 2007. I know imitation is supposed to be the sincerest form of flattery, but I'm not feeling it yet.

Posts: 404 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
As the copyright holder, have you reported the seller to eBay?

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post