Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
NSU Contest: Win A Signed Copy of Star Wars: The Original Topps Trading Card Series

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/1807083976

November 17, 2015, 11:41 AM
H_Toser
NSU Contest: Win A Signed Copy of Star Wars: The Original Topps Trading Card Series

We have three signed copies of ABRAMS Books Star Wars: The Original Topps Trading Card Series, Volume One to give away. The copies are signed by the trading card legend Gary Gerani and were NYCC exclusive -- very limited.

If you'd like to enter, visit the NSU blog at the link below. Please note -- unfortunately, contest is open to U.S. residents only.

[CONTEST] Win An Abrams’ Signed Copy of “Star Wars: The Original Topps Trading Card Series, Volume One”

Thanks.

November 17, 2015, 11:58 AM
Logan
Entered! Thanks Harris. Thumb Up
November 17, 2015, 12:06 PM
barobehere
Entered! This book is on my Christmas list! I hope I win!
November 17, 2015, 12:19 PM
Don Norton
I can't enter the contest, but I love the Abram's books, and this is on my Christmas list too.
November 17, 2015, 12:53 PM
H_Toser
Good luck, all!

November 17, 2015, 01:08 PM
Will
Entered. I am not that big into Star Wars cards, but I have someone on my Christmas list who is. I hope my name comes up. Good luck to everyone !
November 17, 2015, 01:16 PM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:

contest is open to U.S. residents only.

Disgrace, i've got a good mind to leave. Big Grin

November 17, 2015, 01:23 PM
H_Toser
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:

contest is open to U.S. residents only.

Disgrace, i've got a good mind to leave. Big Grin

Sorry Wolfie. Was a requirement placed on us for the contest. It very might be a licensing constraint but I am not sure.

November 17, 2015, 02:58 PM
RedFive
Thanks for the opportunity!
November 17, 2015, 05:15 PM
Raven
Thanks for the contest, looks like a fun and informative book.
November 18, 2015, 02:45 AM
pendragon
Entered! can't wait to claim it! Metal
November 19, 2015, 05:34 PM
David R
I see from Amazon that there are 2 more books coming in Spring 2016, one for the first SW Galaxy set !
November 20, 2015, 09:38 AM
Bill DeFranzo
My suggestion for a future book would be a combination of Civil War News and Battle followed by a book covering Scoops. This latest book is great!

AKA: Promo Czar (self-appointed)
November 21, 2015, 10:06 AM
RedFive
Volume 1 is supposed to have four bonus trading cards. Does anyone know what they are?
November 21, 2015, 06:02 PM
tiggerhouse
I'll let you know once I win the prize.

quote:
Originally posted by RedFive:
Volume 1 is supposed to have four bonus trading cards. Does anyone know what they are?

November 21, 2015, 06:08 PM
Logan
quote:
Originally posted by RedFive:

I looked around the net and couldn't find anything on them except for a couple of photos of them still in the book. One of the card backs is shown and towards the bottom in red it reads "CARD WRAPPER, SERIES 1, 1977 1/4". So maybe they all show pics of the wrappers from the different series. Here's a pic:

November 22, 2015, 09:19 PM
Don Norton
Today I received one of these books as a birthday gift. It is very thick, and filled with all kinds of info only geeks like us would love. I never completed any of the original sets, so it is nice to see all the cards and stickers.
The 4 extra cards are a pic of the wrapper, one of the first box, and two stickers, but they are not stickers -
Geriani's forward is very interesting, lots of little tidbits how the series of cards almost didn't make it. Hope they make a book about the other Star Wars movies, and I like Bill's idea about one on Civil War News and Battle!
December 03, 2015, 08:51 AM
H_Toser
The winners in our "Win An Abrams' Signed Copy of 'Star Wars: The Original Topps Trading Card Series, Volume One'" are Joel B. of Las Vegas, NV; Chris V of Woodbridge, VA; and Tom H of Richmond, VA. Congratulations Joel, Chris, and Tom.

December 04, 2015, 12:08 PM
MarcG
Congrats to all of the Winners!!!

Thumb Up