Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dexter season 4
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dexter season 4
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DexterFAN:
im wondering if there are any #numbered cards in the set ? and if there are only 4 autograph cards ?

Well it says "Autograph cards are randomly inserted throughout the run", which sounds to me like there is no one per box guarantee. Hope that's not right, it will be a major buzzkill for me. I don't care how many times the same actors sign, I still want Dexter autographs.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the new autograph designs, definitely gonna try & get that MCH card, can we get a full list of signers? really hope thats not it.

Posts: 49 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I love the auto design, very nice. I think there may only be the 4 autos, otherwise they would have shown the rest, just as they've shown images of all the props and costume cards.

I hope they keep this same design for the following auto sets Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Char_Baby
posted Hide Post
Apparently its 7 autos per case.

Which is pretty shocking in my opinion. Seeing as a case has 15 boxes.

Really disappointed that there's no Deb cards.

Posts: 111 | Location: Hampshire, UK | Registered: November 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Also, are the sketches only available in the loaded master set boxes given when ordering 10 cases or are there some pack inserted ones?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
Also, are the sketches only available in the loaded master set boxes given when ordering 10 cases or are there some pack inserted ones?

Just from how the ad reads I would guess that sketches are not seeded in regular boxes or else it would have said sketches are randomly inserted throughout the run, same as it does say about autographs.

The Murphy and Shay sketches are fantastic, but there's zero chance I'll get one. If the autos are 7 per case as posted, the odds are less than 1 every 2 boxes. And if you catch an autograph, is that an extra hit or will it replace one of the prop/costume cards?

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
There are 4 autographs to collect and 4 per case (these are extra hits as each box has 2 hits)

sketch cards are only in loaded master box

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:

Just from how the ad reads I would guess that sketches are not seeded in regular boxes or else it would have said sketches are randomly inserted throughout the run, same as it does say about autographs.

The Murphy and Shay sketches are fantastic, but there's zero chance I'll get one. If the autos are 7 per case as posted, the odds are less than 1 every 2 boxes. And if you catch an autograph, is that an extra hit or will it replace one of the prop/costume cards?

Yeah, I figured that was the case about the sketches Smile

Thanks Tom for the clarification Smile

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info!

Gotta say I'm bummed about there only being 4 auto cards, but i love the designs! would have liked to see a Keith Carradine card seeing how this was the last chance to get him. Same with Julie Benz, if she didn't sign for this set doubt we will see 1 for season 5 seeing how she only had a single appearence. Crossing fingers for a Julia Stiles card for the 5/6 set.

Posts: 49 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Julia Stiles is signing for season 5/6 series which will be out in beginning of the year

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
Julia Stiles is signing for season 5/6 series which will be out in beginning of the year

Right on i was really hoping she would sign thats awesome

Posts: 39 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: June 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
There are 4 autographs to collect and 4 per case (these are extra hits as each box has 2 hits)

sketch cards are only in loaded master box

Tom

Thanks for the definite answer Tom.

I have to be honest and say that I wish you had been able to get more than 4 signers and that the ratio of autographs was better than a little more than 1 in 4 boxes. I understand that you probably would have if you could have.

Which brings me to three positive comments.

We still have a new Dexter set. Thumb Up

The random autograph will make it a lot harder for searchers to pull the hits without opening all the packs.

And I'm very, very glad I got the Hall and Lithgow autographs that were in the SDCC mystery packs. Thumb Up

posted Hide Post
quote:

The random autograph will make it a lot harder for searchers to pull the hits without opening all the packs.

The way I read it, these will be sealed boxes rather than packs ie base + 9 chase + 2 costume / props, & maybe an auto. So no pack searchers this time Smile

The only worrying note, is that they are being released in 2 weeks, and my dealer knows nothing about the release yet, despite having bought all previous releases from him.

Hope he can get this resolved prior to release, or are they only available directly from Breygent this time around?

Dave

Posts: 168 | Location: Green Hammerton, Yorkshire, UK | Registered: November 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Taylor:
The way I read it, these will be sealed boxes rather than packs ie base + 9 chase + 2 costume / props, & maybe an auto. So no pack searchers this time Smile
Dave

OMG I think you're right! That would make this release very much like the Tudors, but no one's called it a premium pack/box. I was so accustom to the Dexter cards being in regular packs that I didn't catch it.

Maybe Tom could confirm that and also the SRP. I actually liked the Tudor format a lot, no doubles and the price made for a nice value, same with Vampirella.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Definately in the Tudor format

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dexterfan18

would have liked to see a Keith Carradine card seeing how this was the last chance to get him.

My understanding was that Carradine was asked but REFUSED to sign

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I didn't collect Tudors, so I don't know what that was like. But now that I actually look at the pictures correctly, the box is small, just a bit bigger than the cards, so there are no packs to open.

I wonder why the difference for this season?

Also great to hear Julia Stiles signed for the season 5/6 set. Any chance of a Kate Moennig auto as well? I know it's pretty unlikely, but I want an auto card from her and we'll never get an L word set.

Picture of Char_Baby
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Taylor:
Dave

OMG I think you're right! That would make this release very much like the Tudors, but no one's called it a premium pack/box. I was so accustom to the Dexter cards being in regular packs that I didn't catch it.

Maybe Tom could confirm that and also the SRP. I actually liked the Tudor format a lot, no doubles and the price made for a nice value, same with Vampirella.

After reading this and looking back up at the pics, definitely agree.

I don't know anything about Tudors, but it does make sense. I wondered why the box looked so small.

Can someone tell me how Tudor's was done then?
I'm guessing, just a sealed box filled with the above info and no individual packs?

So no 'cherry picking' will happen, correct?

Posts: 111 | Location: Hampshire, UK | Registered: November 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Our new format has been these boxes and it is the same as a wax box it just doesn't have extra common cards and the bonus is the set is already made for you so when you compare this to a standard wax box it is the same and O by the way CHEAPER

We will have more signers in season 5/6

Tom

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
That suits me, no dupes and no packs to open Smile