Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Will Ferrell "Anchorman" The Legend of Ron Burgundy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will Ferrell "Anchorman" The Legend of Ron Burgundy
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted
No Kidding! Razz In honor of my wife - ONE OF her Favorite movies! We were at Best Buy today! They had an Exclusive "The Rich Mahogany" Edition which had a pack of trading cards!

I can't open mine just yet because I'm lovin the wrapper! A picture of the slip cover shows the set of 12 which you get in the pack! Only need some Autograph inserts now Big Grin

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
funny... set of 12 cards, but the picture shows 6 and perhaps a checklist?

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah the pic only shows six. Not sure who the other 6 are but I just can't come to open the pack. Hopefully some other fan opens up and shares the pictures!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
It really is a nice set, great cards for autographs as they have a non glossy or low gloss surface. The card backs are hilarious, very much in the spirit of the film. There were lots of subjects to chooose from since that movie had so many cameos, and the extra 6 cards consist of rival anchormen played by Ben Stiller, Tim Robbins, Vince Vaughn, Chad Everett, and Luke Wilson, plus a card of the motorcyclist character played by Jack Black.

The card stock is vintage style and even the wrapper looks "Old School". It's a paper wrapper as opposed to a wax one, probably better since wax did always ruin the back of the last card in the pack.

Anyway, nice retro set promoting one of my favorite comedies. In fact, 60% of the time, I'm hoping for a sequel to "Anchorman" all of the time!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Nice Dance

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
I've got front and back pics at: http://tradercracks.com/blog/?p=14532

This was a great promotional set with the wrapper being my favorite part. I had a hard time opening the pack but did so and neatly folded the wrapper and put it in pages with the rest of the set.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I love that other collectors found these cards and actually opened the pack! I still can't come to open mine! Still waiting for a sequel of this movie. One of the best comedy casts ever! Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Great Cards... I never knew they were out there.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Happened upon Ryan's blog entry about this Anchorman movie DVD card set... He did a nice write-up.

Snagged the set of 12 for a fivespot with a BIN on the auction site.

These are fun & nicely done! Somehow I missed this thread & never heard of them.
If you don't already have a set, you should check them out.

Thanks Ryan!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post