Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Natural World
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Natural World
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted

We have a story up on the blog today about a five card set that friend of NSU, Cliff Tooker, is making. He's taken some of his outstanding nature photography and turned them into cards. The series will premier at the Philly Non-Sports Card Show and then go on sale on his website October 1. All proceeds go to charity. Read about it here:

New Nature Card Series Takes Flight

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Beautiful.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
Nice photos on the examples. Any word on what the back will hold?

I am very interested. The idea that proceeds are going to good charities makes me even more interested. Add to that, the fact that a few people in my family are heavily into birding, and we have a nice match.

Thanks for the heads up.

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuchaldream:

I am very interested. The idea that proceeds are going to good charities makes me even more interested. Add to that, the fact that a few people in my family are heavily into birding, and we have a nice match.

Thanks for the heads up.

Very glad to hear this fuchaldream. I'm sure Cliff will be too.

The backs of the cards contain text about the birds on the front. For example, the Cedar Waxwing card shown above includes text about the bird's colorings, where they can be found, preferred habits, etc.

I didn't know that both sexes of Cedar Waxwings can incubate eggs but I just learned it by reading the card back. And who says cards can't be educational? Big Grin

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:
Originally posted by fuchaldream:

Thanks for the heads up.

Very glad to hear this fuchaldream. I'm sure Cliff will be too.

The backs of the cards contain text about the birds on the front. For example, the Cedar Waxwing card shown above includes text about the bird's colorings, where they can be found, preferred habits, etc.

I didn't know that both sexes of Cedar Waxwings can incubate eggs but I just learned it by reading the card back. And who says cards can't be educational? Big Grin

The nerdy birding girl in me loves this set already. I will be purchasing this when it becomes available.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

The Natural World cards are now available to order from Cliff's website:

Paxetc. - The Natural World

The 5-card set is just $5.00 plus postage (which is just 50 cents in the U.S. and $1 elsewhere). All money raised from the sale of this first series of "The Natural World" is being donated to charity and divided between Audubon and The Nature Conservancy.

You can read more about "The Natural World" on the NSU Blog:

New Nature Card Series Takes Flight

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just bought 2 sets !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Going to get 2 right now!

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
I have ordered a set they look amazing Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WarriorBabe,

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Just bought 2 sets.
I love Cliff's photos. I hope there will be a lot of sets to follow.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Got a set too - Well done Cliff

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

New Card Talk Member
Picture of Paxetc
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for your orders. We're doing well with over $300 so far sold. Starting to get some images ready for next springs show if all goes well. Weather has been warm here in central Pa (mid 80's) but the fall migrations are in full swing and colors should peak in a week or so. PAX

Posts: 1 | Location: Harrisburg | Registered: May 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Excellent set. Great work.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
My set arrived today- many thanks they are amazing Smile

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My sets arrived today as well. Great looking cards! I'm looking forward to future sets.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
I ordered mine the other day. Can't wait to get them.

UPDATE: I just received them today. Very nice. I can't wait for more sets.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lovemesomecards,

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Received my 2 sets today. Clap
Great photos, great cards and for a great cause...What are you waiting for? Buy a set now! Big Grin

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Got mine today. They are wonderful

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post