Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    RMS Titanic Commemorative Trading Card Set
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RMS Titanic Commemorative Trading Card Set
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Cult Stuff is doing a set to commemorate the 100th Anniversary of the Titanic. We have a info on the blog today about this:

RMS Titanic Commemorated in Cards by Cult Stuff

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I'll be glad when the propaganda poster set is out Big Grin

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

These ones? They are on the way out the doors!

This is another preview card from the upcoming Titanic set:

This one is a little harder to find than the P1 details to follow soon.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me this kind of set does seem in bad taste.I've never understood sets like these??? Shake Head

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markdennett:
To me this kind of set does seem in bad taste.I've never understood sets like these??? Shake Head

I know where your coming from, but I think it very much depends on how the subject is handled. It was a dramatic historical event that millions of people have an active interest in. Its the subject of vast numbers of books, films and TV shows to name a few products. As a card company we specialize in History, Literature and Art so this seems like a natural fit.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:
This is another preview card from the upcoming Titanic set:

This one is a little harder to find than the P1 details to follow soon.

That one looks really nice too Jason. I really like the look of these.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I actually don't see anything exploitive about this set. Of course the sinking of the Titanic was a tragedy that cost so many lives, but 100 years later it was not only an historic event that changed shipping regulations, it was a natural disaster. I mean it was not man made in the sense that anyone tried to cause it.

To me that is the difference between this and something about 9/11, or even that card with the Kennedy/Oswald/Car Seat, which I thought was in bad taste.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markdennett:
In some ways, the Titanic is almost a special case. This particular tragedy was first exploited by Steiff who produced a special black 'mourning bear' with a production run of less than 500 specifically for the British market just a few weeks after the actual event. These now fetch 10s of thousands of pounds when they appear at auction.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:
quote:

These ones? They are on the way out the doors!

Yep - those ones Big Grin Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post

Set information is now up along with some VERY limited pre-orders for this. Titanic Set

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The "add to cart" link on the web site for the titanic retail set takes you to the Paypal log in screen not the Cart.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
Hi John, this has now been fixed, we had a problem with the button code part of it had been cut off. Thanks for letting me know this has effected a few people, but it should be resolved now. Extra promo cards are in the mail for you!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
The cardinal sin of card collecting...
NO RUBBER BANDS!!! (lol)

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Order Placed Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jason

Many thanks for the fix and the extra promo cards, order also placed.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Still says "early May" for release - is 17th early?

Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
Had a facebook reply from Jason on the 15th May saying 10 to 14 days for the Hobby set and another week after that for the Retail. End of May beginning of June by the sounds of things although, as we know, things can change.

Posts: 191 | Location: Cheshire, UK | Registered: January 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with things changing as long as we are informed of the change in a timely manner

posted Hide Post
I just sent my finished sketch cards back this morning so I will have x25 going into packs.

Posts: 377 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have no problem with things changing as long as we are informed of the change in a timely manner

Latest news on the site says the sets will ship in days not weeks. I imagine I will get mine by mid June!!

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post