Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    RMS Titanic Commemorative Trading Card Set
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RMS Titanic Commemorative Trading Card Set
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:
Can someone point me in the right direction for a complete checklist? I'm curious to know about how many different artifact cards, sketch cards, base cards, chase, promos, etc...

Thanks

Paging Jason... Or MrsCultStuff...

I don't think there is a list currently as I know I never received one from Cult-Stuff. They usually like there to be some mystery as to what you might be able to pull. Although, I realize that can be seen as a bad thing by some.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5081 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can someone point me in the right direction for a complete checklist? I'm curious to know about how many different artifact cards, sketch cards, base cards, chase, promos, etc...

Thanks

We do have a list in the works but it is not up yet. There is a LOT of stuff to include as we sprinkled all kinds of little bits into the set. Generally there are 6 major pack inserted artifact cards however there is some variation and there are some rarer cards out there.

The chase, sketch, promo and incentive cards it will take us a little longer to detail, but it should be on the site within the next week or two.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I still have not received my cards that I paid for in May.
Is there a way to know if you guys sent my cards? I don't want to get overlooked because of your move.
I need a confirmation email.
I have not received any emails saying my Titanic cards have been sent.
Shouldn't I have them by now????
Is there an email address I can send an email to that won't go to SPAM??
Please help me so I can know I'm getting my set.
Thanks!!

Posts: 2 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: July 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WantingHavenCards:
I still have not received my cards that I paid for in May.
Is there a way to know if you guys sent my cards? I don't want to get overlooked because of your move.
I need a confirmation email.
I have not received any emails saying my Titanic cards have been sent.
Shouldn't I have them by now????
Is there an email address I can send an email to that won't go to SPAM??
Please help me so I can know I'm getting my set.
Thanks!!

Your cards are absolutely on the way, for some reason the USPS seems to be taking there time with these as none of our US customers have revived cards however the UK folks have.

All CS direct customers had there packages shipped over three batches in the same week so they should all start arriving around the same time. If you want to email me directly you can get me on jason@Cult-Stuff.com our emails are just about up to date.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
Checklist is now available via this link: Checklist

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thanks for taking the time to do the checklist, very helpfull. Clap

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
No package yet and I am going on vacation next week. You know it will come than!!!
Shake Head

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a little surprised at how little sales/interest there is for this awesome historical set - the fact that there are so few of some of those relics should make them all the more collectible. I think having an artifact card from a significant piece of history is more exciting than a lot of other stuff currently on the marketplace (ok maybe not kate beckinsale autos, but you get the idea).

Posts: 47 | Location: indiana | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
Hey Batboy is right, if you complain, you get what you want. Came home and my package arrived.

Inserts received:
Authentic Red Thread Role End (Limited less than 300)
Don Pendicini Sketch card
Canvas # 1/4 and 3/4.

Thumb Up

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:
Checklist is now available via this link: Checklist

Thanks for posting this!!

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
It looks like a fantastic set, but I just can't afford it. I fancy myself a lunatic and would have to collect all the Retail and Hobby Canvas, Stamps, Minis, Promo, Artifacts and sketches.

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's also been my problem the last year or so. Impossible to complete sets are starting to turn me away from some sets I normally would have pursued. I was really getting into the Bettie Page cards, but I just sighed at one point, put what I had away, and went back to Star Trek and James Bond. I bought 3 packs of the TITANIC cards because they are so interesting, and will be content with what I get from them.

Posts: 2508 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Yeah, that's also been my problem the last year or so. Impossible to complete sets are starting to turn me away from some sets I normally would have pursued.
This set is certainly interesting and different but definitely falls into the 'impossible to complete' category, at least from a full Master Set point of view. Looking through the sketch card artist list, it seems Rusty Gilligan only did one sketch. So there can only ever be one Master Set completed !

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I agree, a very difficult set to complete but I have other concerns with what they posted.

"The sketch card list is not 100% complete as some illustrators are still completing cards. The numbers of cards listed next to each illustrator represent that card quantities we sent out NOT the number we received back. Not all cards sent back were approved for this set and some are always held back as replacements or to be used in promotions."

You've released the product but artists are still doing cards? That's unusual. Also, as a collector I have always seen the number of cards an artist did for a set that was approved, not what was sent out in packs. By listing only what was sent out in packs doesn't help the dealer or collector. If a Rusty Gilligan sketch card goes up for bid I don't know if I'm bidding on the only one that was ever made or if he actually did 5 or even 10 cards, which changes how agressive my bid might be. The number of cards by the artist should represent how many cards can make it out to the general public, whether that's pack inserted, replacements or as you say promotions (which scares me).

Also, the "There are some variations or extras not mentioned in this list, otherwise what’s the fun of opening the packs!" statement does not help collectors. This set is already very difficult to complete and then there's cards we might not ever know about? There's the thrill of the hunt but if you don't know what you're hunting that can be a turn off.

A cool set but as a collector I still don't know how far to go with it.

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
This set would be difficult to put together a master set of if you wanted one of every sketch artist. I new that from the outset really this wasn't a sketch driven product but we wanted to include some for the sketch collectors and because a number of illustrators enquired about the set when we announced it.

The promotional aspect should not frighten anyone at all, it's very simple, we attend between 5 and 10 conventions and shows every year, at these we like to take a selection of our products and often that will include some sketch cards to put on display (not many typically 4 or 5 cards from a set).

We send a vast number of blanks out, and sadly as is the way of things often we do not get the same number back. This can be for a lot of very good reasons, and sometime simply because the illustrator never gets back in touch. It happens. Sometimes cards are damaged or simply we feel they don't fit with the tone of the set. Unlike a lot of companies we pay artists for ALL the work they produce not just the approved cards, so sure we have to pull a few now and again. The figures quoted on the site represents the maximum number of cards each artist has produced for the sets We are not going to be going back to them later for more. There are some folks with blanks that are working on cards and I will add them to the list if and only if we get them back and they are included in this product. They will also be marked as retail exclusives because all the Hobby sets are packed.

Some of our illustrators on this set have not finished the work yet and things are on the way or in the mail. The sets have been released but not every case has been packed, and in some cases illustrators have only sent some of there finished cards in while working on the rest. It's not ideal but it's better than telling folks they cant finish the work. In other cases we may include some of these cards in other products like our Mystery boxes (which means they would be marked as having come from a mystery box rather than a Titanic box.

Yes there are other things in packs and slight variations on cards, I dont remember inkworks telling anyone about every variant costume card and we don't mention every variation of an artifact this soon after a release. These variations can be anything from a different color background to a multi artifact card. What we do however is put some of everything into the packs for collectors to find.

I know that might not seem as helpful as it could be but we do really try and get as much info on a set out there as we realistically can.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

By listing only what was sent out in packs doesn't help the dealer or collector.

I disagree with this. By stating how many were actually put in the packs you know exactly how many will ever exist in this format for this product.
If future sketches are used they will clearly show they did not come from this product.

This should allow you to make an informed choice about what to buy based on how many were released.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I noted on the auction site there were both hobby and retail packs. What is a reasonable price to pay for each? Thanks!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
I feel for you Jason! You get complaints when a set falls behind schedule and compalints when its released before you have absolutely every thing back. Complaints there is no checklist then complaints about what's in or not in the checklist when you deliver it.

As a collector i'm very keen for as much info as I can get - Golendavenger is right when he asks does one Rusty Gilligan sketch really mean one. I would still like to see artist and sketch card numbers for Sherlock and MZF but I can't see that ever happening now you've archived them on your website.

What I do know is you produce some great sets but I do think the lack of information on each release is detrimental to the sets. I want to know whats out there, what to grab when I see it but you seem to move on to the next set as soon as the current one is released.

Keep up the good work and roll on Pulp Detectives however some info on the chase cards and sketches before the set is released would be greatly appreciated. By me at least. Smile

Posts: 191 | Location: Cheshire, UK | Registered: January 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

By listing only what was sent out in packs doesn't help the dealer or collector.

I disagree with this. By stating how many were actually put in the packs you know exactly how many will ever exist in this format for this product.
If future sketches are used they will clearly show they did not come from this product.

This should allow you to make an informed choice about what to buy based on how many were released.

They are not marking the cards if they are used for replacements or promotional (he only mentions marking late cards for retail and possibly mystery boxes), so that doesn't give the real numbers for what the public will see. Only giving the quantities for what went into packs is only part of the information.

It's ok, we don't have to agree but I want the total number the artist had approved and could be in circulation (with no visable difference) and not just what went into packs. RA holds a couple hundred sketch cards back for replacemnts and what not, so I'd want those added in since they are able to get out to the general public one way or another.

Maybe it comes down to a personal preference. Thumb Up

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:

They are not marking the cards if they are used for replacements or promotional (he only mentions marking late cards for retail and possibly mystery boxes), so that doesn't give the real numbers for what the public will see. Only giving the quantities for what went into packs is only part of the information.

I see what you mean. Let me clarify: The numbers listed on the site are the maximum number of cards each artist has contributed to the set, including hold back cards for promotion or replacement. There may be other artists added to the list but not more cards from the same illustrators. In short the list you see represents (to the best of my knowledge) ALL of the cards we have had back from these folks. We also only hold back around 20 cards per set. Because all our products are packed by hand we really don't have many faults with our premiums. We have need to hold onto that many sketches.

We dont typically let folks do less than 5 cards but sometimes unforeseen circumstances dictate how many cards we can put in. In this set we have also sadly split a two card panel which was my error in packing and something I very much regret. Whomever pulls these cards will be getting a very nice replacement from us.