Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    RMS Titanic Commemorative Trading Card Set
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RMS Titanic Commemorative Trading Card Set
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Good news

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
Any word on this release?

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Still no updates?

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I'm not ordering this set, so I can't complain, however this whole thing seems a bit wacky at this point.

These cards should have been produced, packed and sold at least six months BEFORE the Titanic anniversary. That was when it was news and had generated interest even in the US. The event is long over now, so am I the only one who thinks they missed the boat (bad pun I know)? Wink

Posts: 10399 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Last update on web-site was 22 May - anybody heard anything?

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
It's a historical set so it's not really date specific, much like the poster set we released earlier this year. Interest in the subject is not limited to one month or year. It's a limited product not a mass market set with very exclusive inserts so the set will sell to those with an interest. With very little pushing the hobby set is sold out (aside from limited hold backs) and retail is more the 60% gone. The final sets will be shipping at the end of this week and next barring any other major problems.

The major delay to this product was caused by some very lousy circumstances, culminating in the closure of our retail store and offices due to flooding,combined with a landlord who refused to effect repairs. This meant we had to relocate the business during the final stages of production.

I assure you that I am also underwhelmed with the delay and even more so with losing my comic shop. We are now just about fully moved into our new offices which include a great deal of warehouse space and we are working around the clock to get these sets out the door.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear everything is working out for you now. It sounds like the set is going to be a big success. Clap

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
Has anyone in the U.S. recieved their set yet? According to the last post by Sci-fiplanet, they should have all been mailed out about three weeks ago! Thank-you for any information!

Posts: 161 | Location: Harrisburg Pa U.S.A. | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Nothing yet, but I'm told it's on the way.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5080 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
Thank-you Ed! Clap

Posts: 161 | Location: Harrisburg Pa U.S.A. | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I'm in UK and nothing yet

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Every Pack that was ordered has been shipped. If yours has not arrived yet it will soon.

As Jason said before the Hobby packs were almost a sell out, there are a couple of cases left though. Retail we have about 2 dozen cases of.

The good news is that we increased the number of chase and premium cards per case in both the Hobby and Retail sets.

Happy Collecting!

Posts: 9 | Location: England | Registered: July 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum MrsCultStuff. Wavey Big Grin

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Welcome to the forum MrsCultStuff. Wavey Big Grin

I agree. Nice to see you here.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrsCultStuff:
Every Pack that was ordered has been shipped. If yours has not arrived yet it will soon.

As Jason said before the Hobby packs were almost a sell out, there are a couple of cases left though. Retail we have about 2 dozen cases of.

The good news is that we increased the number of chase and premium cards per case in both the Hobby and Retail sets.

Happy Collecting!

Thanks for the update.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrsCultStuff:

Happy Collecting!

Lovely to see you on the Forum and thanks for update Thumb Up

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Back in May I was emailed by Cult Stuff and told I would receive cards within days and not weeks.
It's July, and between May and July I emailed at least 10 times, and Cult Stuff never emailed back with the latest.
Still don't have my set, but hopefully this is good news that it's on the way!
Not mad the set was delayed. Just a little upset that nobody emailed me confirming that it's been mailed..........

Posts: 2 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: July 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
Thank-you very much for the update MrsCultStuff! I'm eagarly waiting for quite a few of your upcoming releases!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WantingHavenCards:
Back in May I was emailed by Cult Stuff and told I would receive cards within days and not weeks.
It's July, and between May and July I emailed at least 10 times, and Cult Stuff never emailed back with the latest.
Still don't have my set, but hopefully this is good news that it's on the way!
Not mad the set was delayed. Just a little upset that nobody emailed me confirming that it's been mailed..........

Thats most likely my fault, between shutting our shop, moving into our new offices and a few other happenings we have not been on top form. It's very possible that emails have been missed or not retrieved from our spam filter, something I did a lot of before the move. What I can tell you is that all orders are on the way and all dealers who ordered should by now have product.

We are for the first time ahead of ourselves set wise as the basic cards for our next product have already been printed! I hope everyone likes the Titanic set, it was late and plagued with problems but in the end I think it has come out well, and for those buying retail packs the odds are increased to 1 in 2 packs for a premium insert rather than 1 in 4.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Can someone point me in the right direction for a complete checklist? I'm curious to know about how many different artifact cards, sketch cards, base cards, chase, promos, etc...

Thanks

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post