Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
RMS Titanic Commemorative Trading Card Set

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/1537080716

August 05, 2012, 08:05 AM
beamer
RMS Titanic Commemorative Trading Card Set
No offense but you missed the boat (no pun intended). This set should have been ready to ship a month before the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. It's too late now. Plus, like others have said, too many chase, artifacts, and subsets to collect. Plus it's WAY too expensive. I was really interested in doing this, but there is no way I can afford to buy these cards. Sorry Cult Stuff, you blew it on this one.
August 05, 2012, 08:08 AM
wolfie
There is no timescale for selling a set like Titanic. These cards will sell whenever they come out. The cards Dart put out are still selling well over here and look how long ago that was.

August 05, 2012, 08:17 AM
goldenavenger
Thanks for the clarification Jason!! Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744
August 05, 2012, 08:25 AM
beamer
Sorry, I disagree. The Dart cards are much more affordable. THese are way over the top and I don't see them doing as well. Other than the Milvina Dean auto you can buy a Titanic Dart binder and all of the cards for the retail price of one pack of the new Titanic.
August 05, 2012, 08:34 AM
wolfie
Well that may be true but it was the timescale you mentioned. You seemed to be saying that because they did not come out at a certain moment they would end up not selling as they had missed the boat.

This is where we disagree, i think these will sell for years to come, allways assuming that there are any left to sell of course.

August 05, 2012, 09:23 AM
beamer
Maybe you are right, but they would have done better if the release coincided with the event. And I am sure they will sell, but not at the prices they list for now. I'll wait for them to get dumped.
August 05, 2012, 12:06 PM
Sci-FiPlanet
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
No offense but you missed the boat (no pun intended). This set should have been ready to ship a month before the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. It's too late now. Plus, like others have said, too many chase, artifacts, and subsets to collect. Plus it's WAY too expensive. I was really interested in doing this, but there is no way I can afford to buy these cards. Sorry Cult Stuff, you blew it on this one.

Fair enough. This set was delayed that's true, and yes there are a lot chase cards in two products. The hobby set was basically a sellout so some folks thinks it was worthwhile. Your right on the dart set being cheaper as well, but then they are not only out of business but also had a much larger print run which drops the unit price. I am a little surprised to be taking critasizum for creating to many inserts but to each there own.

We don't control the secondary market prices nor do we print enough product to each "dump" per say. I really don't know what to tell you about the price... We are not trying to charge $200.00 a pack or anything Razz

August 05, 2012, 01:09 PM
Triple-Frog
Jason,you will never have everyone liking your cards,there are just too many different types of collector who often want diametrically opposed things Smile .

IMO you do a great job communicating with us on the boards and your sets have all had more people approving than disapproving.

Hope to see you at Memorabilia in November Thumb Up .
August 05, 2012, 02:43 PM
beamer
I think it is important as a manufacturer to "hear" what collectors have to say. Many people can listen, but if you don't hear, you never get the truth. Whether or not you like my opinion is really moot. You should take all comments from every collector and use them to your benefit.

As for comparing Dart's Titanic to yours, yes sometimes you can have too many chase cards. It makes it hard to collect all of the cards in a set, especially if you are a completist like me. I would never be satified to start this series knowing the chance of me completing the set is nearly impossible. I'm not really bashing your cards, just trying to let you know that I feel a smaller set with less would have done better. And that would also have made the price more reasonable.
Thanks for reading.
August 05, 2012, 08:34 PM
Sci-FiPlanet
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
You should take all comments from every collector and use them to your benefit.

I didn't really think you were bashing, you have an opinion and I am more than willing to listen to it. It's not even if I like it or not, in the end the consumer is the final judge. I'm never going to agree with everything you might say about our sets, but there is always room for improvement and I would rather you said what you thought so we could reflect on it!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sci-FiPlanet,

August 06, 2012, 12:24 PM
goldenavenger
I thought that post might get deleted, so I copied and pasted it to microsoft word before it was deleted to read it later. Thumb Up

August 06, 2012, 12:44 PM
Freelancer
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:
I thought that post might get deleted, so I copied and pasted it to microsoft word before it was deleted to read it later. Thumb Up

I'm not sure what post you're referring to but if it was one of mine, things were worked out privately and since they're gone, I don't see why they need mention now or in the future, unless someone looks to start trouble. I respectfully ask all to let sleeping dogs lie.
August 06, 2012, 03:21 PM
goldenavenger
Yep, it's your post. I didn't have time to read it at that exact moment so I saved it to read later. Facts are facts, right?

August 06, 2012, 03:27 PM
jadams
Pretty neat set.

Don't let the haters bring you down Jason.
September 20, 2012, 07:13 PM
cardaddict
Through a computer error, Cult-Stuff was late sending me a retail pack of the Titanic cards, and I'm glad they were because they sent me a lot of cool promos! THANKS GUYS!!!!
September 21, 2012, 05:22 AM
goldenavenger
quote:
Originally posted by jadams:
Pretty neat set.

Don't let the haters bring you down Jason.

I didn't see where anyone was hating anyone. ??

September 21, 2012, 08:11 AM
Sci-FiPlanet
Na no hate, just misunderstandings that related to a post that the author chose to remove of there own accord.

Pleased you got the cards cardaddict!

February 20, 2013, 11:29 AM
Rustygilligan
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
[QUOTE]Looking through the sketch card artist list, it seems Rusty Gilligan only did one sketch. So there can only ever be one Master Set completed !

A friend alerted me to this post - sorry that I didn't know of it sooner.

I did more than 1 sketch card for the Titanic and Sherlock Holmes sets. At the time of this writing, 1 of my Holmes cards is up for bid on Ebay actually.

I'm not quite sure why it says that I've only done 1... it may be a typo.

I will say that I didn't do many for each set as I was hospitalized 2x, and had a surgery during that time.

Best of luck everyone...
April 08, 2013, 07:02 PM
IbDaToNeGuY
Would there happen to be a site where I can view all the sketches that were placed in this set so I can get an idea of which ones i'd like to try and find for my collection ? I currently have 12 sketches from various artists and all of the artifacts . I am finding it very hard to locate the sketch cards I need as nobody seems to be opening packs or cases anymore and the prices of the cases are too high to risk not getting what i'm looking for .
April 09, 2013, 03:34 PM
Don Pedicini Jr.
If you are on Facebook I have a bunch of my cards on my artist page.

https://www.facebook.com/media...9185664461451&type=1

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Don Pedicini Jr.,