Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Season 6 Cards
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 6 Cards
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:

Still no checklist, but looks like Art Parkinson's name has been removed from the product page for whatever reason.

Was told by Rittenhouse, that autograph checklist will be posted next Thursday.

Posts: 18 | Location: Germany | Registered: November 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Up to 31 signed cards, including incentives. Added repeat signers Thor Bjornson and Art Parkinson.

Still no checklist, but looks like Art Parkinson's name has been removed from the product page for whatever reason.

Well they added Sophie Turner to the top of the ad list, so they may have removed Parkinson's name just to keep the lines even and he is now one of the "more autographs to come" group.

The list is still kind of light on the old faithful and I do expect Tyrone and Jaime and Jon to make an appearance.

It's not about needing more repeats, but needing more higher valued cards. I don't like minor characters turned into EL cards because the actor signatures were kept to very limited ranges and this is supposed to create value.

I hope the people that will eventually complete the checklist will still include some pleasant surprises, but I don't want short prints that aren't worthy of the premium, just to have short prints.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juergen:
Was told by Rittenhouse, that autograph checklist will be posted next Thursday.

Indeed, autographs are now up! Thumb Up 61 signers this time, plus incentives. Relics and Sketches still as TBD

EL is Alexander Siddig, Sophie Turner and Conleth Hill. The checklist is fairly good, on par with the last set or two, only a handful of smaller roles that I can't recall so well. I presume Michiel Huisman will have signed non-gold cards but is being kept for later sets.

Looks like Art Parkinson isn't listed here either, which is a shame, I enjoyed Kubo and the Two Strings (a criminally under appreciated film!) and would've liked to see him as a repeat signer. For whatever reason Jerome Flynn/Bronn isn't on the checklist either, but still appears on the product page - a shame if he isn't included as his was another repeat autograph I was looking to pick up. Still, glad to see the other three Stark kids, and Lena Headey is always good. Some nice new signers for sure, especially happy about Richard E Grant.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rwn410,

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Since I am a bordered collector only, looks like I am getting out of this one pretty cheaply. Just Richard E Grant and Faye Marsay for me, plus a quotable set.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good god there are some terrible signatures in there, mostly from the younger new signers. And how has Lena Headey managed to make hers worse?

Notice as well as Art Parkinson and Jerome Flynn, Ania Bukstein has disappeared too.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
A bit disappointing on some of the "lower ranked" cards, with the volume of signers, especially from earlier characters, it nearly warrants 3 autos a box...but that would be dream land. Big Grin But there could be some truly poor-value boxes from that list.

There are some nice new signers though.

Yup, there are some truly awful signatures there. Some would say the younger ones aren't so aware of having a good signature...BUT was I the only person as a kid to design my own autograph in case I got famous? Big Grin It was probably back in the dawn of time, but in the real world I thought out a signature for my paintings...these guys are getting paid to sign some cards. Hmmppph...grumble grumble... Roll Eyes

Overall, though, good looking set. Thumb Up

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Damn you Liam Cunningham....Sign!!! Smile

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
was I the only person as a kid to design my own autograph in case I got famous? Big Grin It was probably back in the dawn of time, but in the real world I thought out a signature for my paintings...

I still do to this day! Big Grin Though, in practice, I usually leave my artwork bare as I can never decide on an actual look. I also occasionally fantastise about what kind of signer I would be if I ever became famous enough to warrant cards, and Billy Drago's time and effort remains inspiring. Also think I'd pull a Christian Slater and be remunerated in Star Trek cards rather than cash!

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
was I the only person as a kid to design my own autograph in case I got famous? Big Grin It was probably back in the dawn of time, but in the real world I thought out a signature for my paintings...

I still do to this day! Big Grin Though, in practice, I usually leave my artwork bare as I can never decide on an actual look. I also occasionally fantastise about what kind of signer I would be if I ever became famous enough to warrant cards, and Billy Drago's time and effort remains inspiring. Also think I'd pull a Christian Slater and be remunerated in Star Trek cards rather than cash!

I'm not alone! Clap I finally decided on my art signature about 20 years ago, and it's stayed basically the same since, just more refined.

Some of these signed trading cards could be put side by side with others and have no distinguishing feature to any part of it. The wiggly line, versus the jagged wiggle-off into a line. Some have so little variance that a cryptologist would have nothing to work on. Roll Eyes But, hey, a wiggle from a favourite actor is better than a slap in the face, so I'll grumble and still collect. Smile

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I really love this series, so its kind of hard to be objective when any autograph just adds to it. However, and you knew this was coming, this is not so hot.

The autograph checklist is too large and it contains too many cards that are going to be considered commons, even if RA puts them down as VLs. I agree with those who see less value in the boxes.

The problem to me stems from the next set, Valerian Steel. This will be the first year where two GoT sets are going to be released. Its pretty obvious that some of the bigger names in the main cast are being held back for inclusion in Valerian Steel. That reduces the higher valued autos that now have to be spread out between the two of them.

I also don't know why we needed 63 autograph cards in Season 6, that includes the 2 case incentives. Season 4 had the previous high at 52 autos. I don't know what number RA intends to throw into Valerian Steel. I would think that the theme might restrict it to the warriors, or at least to actors/characters with swords and blades. Wink

So now I have to try to track down some of these new signers. I'm happy to have them, but I rather wish that we had less repeats of Season 5's new signers and better new signers for Season 6. Valerian Steel should have been the last set after the series ended, an extra year of product. Two sets per year is not necessary for this title, but that's just my opinion. I'm already too far in to get myself out. Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Should go live today. Smile

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
RA just released some hints on Valerian Steel, which is not Season 6, but will come out this year also. I'm worried.

All Steve said was that it would be a high end product and all base cards are metal. He didn't say how many base cards make a set or what kind of hits will be in it.

I had assumed that there would be autograph cards, because a few of the bigger names did not show up as signers on the Season 6 checklist.

So I'm worried that we may be looking at something along the lines of the not-so-ultimate Buffy. A product with a few base cards, 2 or 3 rotating autographs at one per $400 set and an incentive sketch at every 4 or 5 block orders for the dealers.

Pure speculation on my part, but we will find out. Its the high end reference and the fact that all base are metal that makes me think this might be a small custom box set in the Buffy format.

We shall see. Right now I'm working on the traditional, which is more than good enough for me. Smile

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised there's no case breaks yet. My 3 cases cleared Customs and are due to be delivered today Clap

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yes, not a lot of news, even with breaks now active.

As for future sets, it has been announced that the final two seasons is really only one season pretending to be two.

Only 7 episodes will air this year as Season 7. GoT will be over nearly as fast as it starts. Season 8, which is still being called the final season, will have only 6 episodes. So really what's left to see is the equivalent of one season's episodes, that is being spread over 2 years.

Way to go HBO. Twak

What that is going to do to the card schedule is anybody's guess, but if RA does do separate sets for the 2 remaining short seasons, they are going to have half-season length plots and photos to work with.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
They're usually 10 eps. per season, so 7 eps. is 70% of a regular season, and 6 eps. is 60%, plus I can't imagine that at least some of these final 13 episodes won't be super sized, particularly the last few. With that in mind, there will likely be enough material for two more proper sets. Beyond that, once final filming is completed, hopefully Rittenhouse will be given some props and costumes for a final comprehensive complete series single set, the likes of which they've released in the past. Such a set would also provide them one last chance at signers not found in the 8 single season sets.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
They're usually 10 eps. per season, so 7 eps. is 70% of a regular season, and 6 eps. is 60%, plus I can't imagine that at least some of these final 13 episodes won't be super sized, particularly the last few.ngle season sets.

Quibble if you must, but 13 episodes over 2 years is a lot less than the normal 20, or 35% less to be exact. Big Grin

It has already been reported that a spinoff, perhaps a prequel, is being planned. I wanted to enjoy the final episodes and not have it wrapped up too fast or drawn out too long. This schedule seems to be the worst of both worlds to me. It still draws it out over 2 years, while rushing the story by having fewer episodes.

It is just like having a Part 1 and Part 2 of what should have been one season. I'm not happy when any show does it because it does not serve the story to make the audience wait that long for closure.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

posted Hide Post
Ive no doubt there will be at least one spin off show. Young Ned stark prequel being the most likely. Its actually very appealing a young Barristan Selmy in his prime!

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Hopefully, the 13 episodes won't finish the story, but rather lead into a big-screen movie or two that could conclude the tale in truly epic fashion (3-D dragons!). The final battle, whatever it is, should give "Lord of the Rings" a run for its money, and to do so wouldn't be cheap.

That would also give Martin a chance to catch up with the books anyway, if it could be 4 years or so before the adaptation wraps up. That 6th book must be coming any day now, but the HBO series has already scooped that, big time...

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
What that is going to do to the card schedule is anybody's guess, but if RA does do separate sets for the 2 remaining short seasons, they are going to have half-season length plots and photos to work with.

Rittenhouse are the kings of stretching out a license, so I'd say it's a near certainty they will do two sets from this. Plus further "anthology" style sets afterwards.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Hopefully, the 13 episodes won't finish the story, but rather lead into a big-screen movie or two that could conclude the tale in truly epic fashion (3-D dragons!). The final battle, whatever it is, should give "Lord of the Rings" a run for its money, and to do so wouldn't be cheap.

That would also give Martin a chance to catch up with the books anyway, if it could be 4 years or so before the adaptation wraps up. That 6th book must be coming any day now, but the HBO series has already scooped that, big time...
That is very unlikely. The TV writers have already said that this will be the end of the story as far as they are concerned. It has only gone to an eighth season because HBO pretty much demanded it, so the story has been stretched from it's original 10 episode final season to a 13 episode stretched out finale. Hopefully, it will still be a satisfactory and complete ending. I would hate to see it left open for a big-screen movie or anything similar. Just end it once and for all Big Grin

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post