Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Season 6 Cards
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 6 Cards
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
REALLY happy to see Faye Marsay on the list. Smile She was a good 'Anne Neville' in The White Queen and been great in everything I've seen her in since, so I hoped once she was with GoT we would get an autograph card from her. Disappointed last year but not this year. Big Grin Thumb Up
= Big Grin

I got Faye Marsay on my custom GOT card a few months ago ttm.

Still was hoping we would get Liam Cunningham.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So, did anyone else spot the typo in the autograph list ? Or possibly a serious piece of mis-casting:

Natalie Dormer (played by Queen Margaery)

Big Grin

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
Yeah, no definite notice on whether Liam has signed. I suspect not after all this time. Maybe he doesn't want to sign, or some other reason. Or maybe he doesn't even know much about it and his agent has dealt with the request? I've no idea how these things work and they must vary from actor to actor. Has anyone tried ttm with him, with any success?

Of course another omission is Diana Rigg. I doubt that one will happen either.

Once the main sets are over for GoT(currently predicted to be 8 TV seasons) I'll probably put together some "most wanted" and make some custom cards and try that way. It's what I would have done had Faye not signed. Smile

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
So, did anyone else spot the typo in the autograph list ? Or possibly a serious piece of mis-casting:

Natalie Dormer (played by Queen Margaery)

Big Grin

Big Grin LOL As she was also Anne Boleyn in The Tudors, maybe Rittenhouse just agree that she has royal blood. Wink Neither character had much luck with husbands, brothers or life expectancy. Big Grin

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has anyone tried ttm with him, with any success?

Of course another omission is Diana Rigg. I doubt that one will happen either.

Once the main sets are over for GoT(currently predicted to be 8 TV seasons) I'll probably put together some "most wanted" and make some custom cards and try that way. It's what I would have done had Faye not signed. Smile

I have tried Liam ttm a few times with no luck. He has signed in person. With regards to Diana Rigg. She has signed ttm and she did sign for another set once before.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
With regards to Diana Rigg. She has signed ttm and she did sign for another set once before.

I believe she signed a few cards for one of those later Avengers releases and, if memory services me, the UK card maker had to go to her rare appearance at a large show to get her signatures. I didn't know that she ever signed thru the mail. Maybe in England. She is one of those celebrities whose autographs can not be trusted because there is a decent demand with little, if any, supply.

That's why I would like a certified autograph card, but at this point it seems unlikely. Never say never, but its been a long time and she doesn't seem to be warm to it. Wink

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
As to the sneek peek at the autographs for Season 6, I would expect it to be beefed up. There are quite a few new signers, which is good, but no one great. No one worth the price of admission. So more of the stars will have to repeat or you won't have many autograph cards in that over $60 range.

Right now only Headey and Williams and maybe Hempstead-Wright are represented in the still living, in from the beginning, major cast. Only 27 signed cards have been posted. The list is usually 48 - 50, so roughly 22 some odd to go. I expect to see some 2nd year repeats from Season 5 rookies and more of the Lannisters.

If Clarke is still missing, I would expect her Season 1 and 2 autograph cards to get a boost again. Unless RA has more tucked away, or they can get her to sign again, those are going to wind up right near the top of all non-sport autograph cards in MHO.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen some of the prices on evilbay for Emilia Clarke's S1 and S2 cards and just keep smiling, as I have both. One pack-pulled the other very reasonable at the time(less than an Oona Chaplin back then). Big Grin
I wouldn't buy them at the prices they're going for now, but unless I'm in desperate need of extra cash I won't be parting with them either. Smile

Peter Dinklage has signed for all the other sets as has Kit Harington(not S3), so they'll probably be there again, possibly Sophie Turner. We haven't seen an Alfie Allen "Theon" since S1(I think) so that's possible.
I can understand that some boxes might not be 'worth' the potential contents for some buyers, but this is the only title I really invest in and I'm quite happy with what will be available, so far.

I never see the point to sketches so if I find one I'll flip it, like I did last year, to fund other autograph cards. Smile That came in handy. Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is my GOT matte I made. It's made up of RA cards and my custom cards that I have gotten signed. The photo is signed by Madden & Bean. I had sent to Bella Ramsey who plays Lyanna Moremont. It was her first autograph request.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Terrific display. Thumb Up

How did you decide the order? I think I see some by family relations, others more mixed. Are you keeping it at one of each actor only?

posted Hide Post
That's a stunning display, ts! Thumb Up
I find your custom cards particularly interesting. You got Pedro Pascal to sign. Smile

I was hoping Bella might sign for this year's set, as she was one of the stand-out newbies. But it might end up being next year instead, as these sets sometimes seem to delay on characters...probably because the impact of an actor wasn't foreseen.

Thanks for sharing, it's inspiring me to finally do some custom cards. Smile

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
But it might end up being next year instead, as these sets sometimes seem to delay on characters...probably because the impact of an actor wasn't foreseen.

I am loving this show and really enjoyed this last Season 6, especially the final two episodes. Have you noticed how this Game of Thrones has turned into a Game of Queens?

These are not spoilers. If you don't know where we are by now, then you don't care.

The men have more or less ceded to the ladies and the ladies are ready to rumble.

Queen Cersei is on the Iron Throne and Jaime Lannister may or may not approve.

Coming for her with dragons and an army is Daenerys Targaryen, but more important is her new alliance. Yara Greyjoy is onboard and Theon Greyjoy is just a cheerleader to his sister. Ellaria Sand and Olenna Tyrell have teamed up for vengeance and will be joining Daenery's attack on King's Landing. Tyrone Lannister is the brains behind Daenerys, but the ladies will be leading the charge.

Jon Snow is King of the North, but Sansa Stark is the brains of the outfit. She may try to betray him with Littlefinger, or she may get closer. She is not his half-sister anymore, although only we know it yet.

Arya Stark is a clocked assassin. She will probably get home eventually. I'm not sure what Bran Stark is going to be in the end. In watching this show over the years I have found these two characters to be the least interesting. Not saying they don't have a part in the story, I just don't like them as distractions to time spent with the other characters.

I know there are supposed to be two more seasons. I'm not sure if this should not have been wrapped up this year. It's all coming to a head nicely and delaying it to kill time might be unnecessary. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing it again and hopefully getting to a satisfying conclusion in a couple of years. Smile

posted Hide Post
I was a book reader fan in the beginning. I started reading the books in about 1997/98 while waiting for another Wheel of Time book and was hooked.
But I've swayed to the other side. I think Book 5 was a boring rambling jumble and didn't really progress anything. I truly think the TV guys have improved the whole GoT world.

Some characters are stars in TV and only passing in the books, but 99% of the choices the TV has made has only improved the book source material IMO.
As to when GRRM ever publishes the next book, (1 of about 2 more to finish...apparently) is anyone's guess. He might have died by then and have the series finished by someone else as they did with Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time, and actually Brandon Sanderson did a better job with the final two books than RJ could even have dreamed.
So while I'll always be a fan of the books, I love what the TV series has done.

As to the queens, yup it's always been about the women. Those that say women are being used or exploited in GoT are clearly not paying attention: they're running the show. Not unlike the real history of the Wars of the Roses which GoT is loosely based on(and something else I've studied for a couple of decades), with the likes of Jacquetta & Elizabeth Woodville, Margaret Beaufort, Anne & Isabel Neville, Cecily Neville et al managing the important acts.

Bran in the books and in the TV series is a bit dull to me. In the books I was like: "Great, he becomes a tree!?! Just the uplifting conclusion that all paralyzed people want to achieve!?!" Big Grin But he is a great conduit for showing the links between the past and present, and I think that will be his main function: to dump background information at the appropriate moments.

Arya's OK...some of her story was a bit of a waste of time, but I'd love to see her face Melisandre again at some point. That meeting in an early season never happened in the books, but was a brilliant decision for TV.
Same as I never found Asha Greyjoy(Yara) in the books interesting, but the TV version is great and I love that she's joined forces with Dany.

Ahhhh yes, what will happen when Sansa and Jon know the real truth...it will either push them together(not in a Jaime & Cersei type way...we hope!?! Wink Big Grin ) or push Sansa into a different decision/direction. She's a big girl now and knows "the game" better than most. Smile
I don't think Jaime is impressed with Cersei's decision at all, he looked disappointed and annoyed when he saw her crowned.

As to book lovers we were all so hoping for Lady Stoneheart. I will say no more here, as a google search will soon answer who she is in the books, but we live in hope she might be slotted in somewhere...unless Arya's story is absorbing the essence of what LSH's character had begun to do in the books. Wink

And now I'll shut up. Lots of directions things can go. Happy to sit back and see what unfolds... Smile

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not unlike the real history of the Wars of the Roses which GoT is loosely based on(and something else I've studied for a couple of decades), with the likes of Jacquetta & Elizabeth Woodville, Margaret Beaufort, Anne & Isabel Neville, Cecily Neville et al managing the important acts.

On an unrelated topic, I suspect you may have already seen this, but The White Queen was a brilliant show on those ladies. It had just one season and I was really disappointed that it was cancelled before the second season began. At least they let The Tudors complete the story for Henry VIII before cancelling and The White Queen was much better. Try it, if you haven't already. Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Terrific display. Thumb Up

How did you decide the order? I think I see some by family relations, others more mixed. Are you keeping it at one of each actor only?

Only one of each actor. Tried to keep them somewhat in an organized part...Starks, Watch members, etc.

As I said before. Bella was very excited to get my request. Was happy to be able to get some of the main cast on my own cards.

posted Hide Post
quote:

On an unrelated topic, I suspect you may have already seen this, but The White Queen was a brilliant show on those ladies. It had just one season and I was really disappointed that it was cancelled before the second season began. At least they let The Tudors complete the story for Henry VIII before cancelling and The White Queen was much better. Try it, if you haven't already. Smile

Yeah I watched that. It was good, despite some awful inaccuracies. I loved The Tudors too, but that was also bad on accuracy!
The White Queen was based on three historical fiction books by Philippa Gregory: The White Queen(Elizabeth Woodville), The Red Queen(Margaret Beaufort) and The Kingmaker's Daughter(Anne Neville).
There was no second season planned because that was the end of that part of the history.

However, the book The White Princess, which covers Elizabeth of York, daughter of Elizabeth Woodville and queen to Henry VII, has been filmed and will probably be a 10 episode series like The White Queen. It should start round about where The White Queen left off. I'm hoping they don't stick to the book too much with that one because that was hilariously bad on accuracy...making Elizabeth of York detest Henry VII the whole book and keep plotting against him, when there is no evidence for it and in fact there is every evidence that they had a happy marriage and he was devastated when she died, but I'll still watch it. Smile And giggle at the absurd parts.
Interestingly Michelle Fairley(Catelyn Stark) will be Margaret Beaufort in that. Smile They needed an actress a bit older for this part of history, and Michelle should fit the role nicely as long as she doesn't have a load of tripe for scripts!
In real history Margaret Beaufort outlived everyone, to the point she was briefly a form of regent for her grandson Henry VIII, she helped to plan Henry VII's funeral as a chief executor and then helped to plan Henry VIII's coronation, all within a couple of months in 1509; she saw her grandson crowned, only to die a few days later, her work done.

Philippa Gregory is a doctor of history, but some of her theories in her fiction works are so bizarre and wild that a lot of her books are laughable. But I still scan-read through them...if nothing else I get a good chuckle. The Red Queen book was so bad that I wanted to throw it through the window, she made Margaret Beaufort so hateful and horrible and deluded that there was no way a reader could like or sympathize with any element of the story told. Sooo glad they glossed over it and incorporated it into The White Queen series and toned down Philippa's version of Margaret's delusional side.

Anyway, watch out for The White Princess series sometime this year.
Yeah, we're off topic and I've babbled on a bit...never mind. Big Grin

Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Like the look of the signers on this one! Richard E Grant is particularly cool (especially as his card will be part of my X-Men collection now too) and great to see Faye Marsay and Clive Russell as new signers. I'm going to Cardiff Film and Comic Con next weekend and had considered whether to make a custom card for Clive Russell to sign instead of an 8x10, but think I'll wait for the Rittenhouse card on that one. Repeat signers are a good list too - Jerome Flynn and Isaac Hempstead-Wright's cards are great to have the chance to pick up again.

Was curious to see if Joe Dempsie (Gendry) would be signing at last since Topps got him for Doctor Who, but doesn't look like it (yet.)

I haven't bought a box of cards in quite some time now so will be picking one or two of S6 up I think. The sketches look amazing as well, so if I somehow manage to pull one that will be great. I think I know what to expect of the base set by now but it's usually solid.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rwn410,

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update at scifihobby Smile

Posts: 38 | Location: Germany | Registered: February 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Up to 31 signed cards, including incentives. Added repeat signers Thor Bjornson and Art Parkinson.

There should be lots more to follow if we are going to get to around the 48 - 50 autograph cards that are usual for the final checklist.

Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
quote:
Up to 31 signed cards, including incentives. Added repeat signers Thor Bjornson and Art Parkinson.

Still no checklist, but looks like Art Parkinson's name has been removed from the product page for whatever reason.

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post