Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Season 6 Cards
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 6 Cards
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted
RA's release of Game of Thrones Season 6 cards appears to be scheduled for earlier than in past years. Barring any delays, the announced date is April 19, 2017.

No checklist yet, but some information is out.

The cards will follow the format of prior seasons. A 100 card base set, along with usual inserts and parallel gold, numbered cards. Sketches and relics will be very limited at 1 per case. New this time is the first costume card from the Mother of Dragons, Daenerys Targaryen.

Multi-case autograph incentives are Michiel Huisman as Daario Naharis (gold, 6 cases) and the dual of Maisie Williams and Tom Wjaschiha as Arya Stark and Jaqen H'ghar (9 cases). Huisman has not signed before, so I am hoping that he will also have a regular autograph card in this set.

No word on whether or not Emilia Clarke (Daenerys) will make it into the autograph list this time. She has had only 2 signed cards released so far (1st and 2nd seasons) in the bordered and FB styles. I would expect that RA has some more tucked away in either gold or blue bordered or it could be in a repeat format. What ever the style, the current limited supply has made her autograph cards the most sought after in the series right now and it will be a huge boost for box/case sales when and if more of her autograph cards ever come out.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I have been up and down with these releases, but these are still the best sets being produced as far as I am concerned. I didn't buy any boxes last year and probably won't this year either - I will just pick up a binder, the promos and a quotable set, and any bordered autograph cards I like (hoping for Bella Ramsey as Lyanna Mormont) and call it a day.

I have pretty much only focused on this set for the last few years and only picked up a few odds and ends otherwise, and it has really allowed me to build a nice collection that I appreciate more than the way I used to collect where I would pick a little from a bunch of sets. I have over 60 autographs from Game of Thrones right now, and I would bet I have over 100 by the time the season sets end. I hope Rittenhouse picks up Westworld to join this set.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
FYI, as of right now and counting the 2 new announced incentives, this series has 251 different autograph cards, with a total of 123 different signers. That will all go up as soon as the new checklist is posted.

It sounds like a lot, but pales in comparison to Star Wars, Star Trek and Bond series. So yes, they are nice sets that you can pursue without being hopelessly overwhelmed. I do wish that the odds on relics and sketches were better.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
As much as I love the show, this is one card set I never got into.

I don't know why.....just didn't.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Still hoping for a Liam Cunningham card.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
I have been up and down with these releases, but these are still the best sets being produced as far as I am concerned. I didn't buy any boxes last year and probably won't this year either - I will just pick up a binder, the promos and a quotable set, and any bordered autograph cards I like (hoping for Bella Ramsey as Lyanna Mormont) and call it a day.

I have pretty much only focused on this set for the last few years and only picked up a few odds and ends otherwise, and it has really allowed me to build a nice collection that I appreciate more than the way I used to collect where I would pick a little from a bunch of sets. I have over 60 autographs from Game of Thrones right now, and I would bet I have over 100 by the time the season sets end. I hope Rittenhouse picks up Westworld to join this set.

Me, too, as well, on all of it. I'm collecting GoT pretty much the same way you are and will be doing what you're doing (except no binder, promos, or quotable set for me) with fingers crossed there will be plenty of new bordered autos to add to my nearly complete set of those.

Also hoping for "Westworld" from Rittenhouse next. Season 1 alone would make for some great autographs: Hopkins, Newton, Wood, Jeffrey Wright, the list goes on...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Also hoping for "Westworld" from Rittenhouse next. Season 1 alone would make for some great autographs: Hopkins, Newton, Wood, Jeffrey Wright, the list goes on...

Also the potential for some awesome card imagery! I would jump on Westworld.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I started Collecting the first set, it just was becoming an expensive set to get into. I have a few autos, but only a couple of the main characters.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I 'completed' the first two seasons, until I found out two of the autograph cards were inadvertently duplicated in each season. Thankfully not the most expensive ones. I still haven't replaced them yet. I made some nice headway on season three, then I ran out of money and the chase cards became too expensive anyway. So I quit, at least to the point where I may get one or two cards every few months or so. We will see. In general, the expense of the hobby is pushing me farther and farther away from it, just like the incessant ads and scrolls on the bottom of my TV screen pushed me away from watching commercial and pay TV. I'm not sure that's an appropriate parallel, but it's still true. Why do the manufacturers and distributors constantly think of ways to annoy us with their own products, which you'd think they want us to buy or watch?

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I like the show and the sets but a mini-master and the auto's from a couple of boxes are enough plus the occasional e-bay purchase. That is actually becoming the norm for me nowadays. Chase sets with 1 in 3 boxes don't do it for me

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Checklist is up on the RA site. No autos yet.

Posts: 105 | Location: Mechanicsville | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Is the P2 promo in the current NSU? I have to admit that I have not purchased an issue since the Tosers sold to Beckett.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
Is the P2 promo in the current NSU? I have to admit that I have not purchased an issue since the Tosers sold to Beckett.

There wasn't one in the latest issue, so probably the next. Unless there WAS one and I missed out in my issue. Smile

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think only promo P1 is out so far

Maybe P2 will be at the April Philly show, as at the fall show, they had the P2s for Star Trek and Bond there, I believe

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im glad I pre-ordered the binder now, that binder exclusive promo card is to die for Dance

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
P2 was not in latest NSU

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone - the checklist says P2 is the NSU promo, so I would guess the next issue.

posted Hide Post
checklist now says P2 is convention.

Posts: 50 | Location: U.K | Registered: August 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
For those that don't know the product page was updated with a partial autograph list and some images...

https://scifihobby.com/product...fthrones/season_six/

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
REALLY happy to see Faye Marsay on the list. Smile She was a good 'Anne Neville' in The White Queen and been great in everything I've seen her in since, so I hoped once she was with GoT we would get an autograph card from her. Disappointed last year but not this year. Big Grin Thumb Up

Also very happy with Clive Russell, Richard E Grant(who wrote me a lovely handwritten letter several years ago, therefore fan forever Big Grin ), Essie Davis(loved Lady Crane and Essie did a great DVD commentary) and Richard Brake.

Looking at my collection stats, I think that's the first blue bordered Lena Headey. That means she will have signed all types at least once...except if you count a silver pen card as being a different format to a gold one...in which case she hasn't signed in silver yet. Smile Let's hope she never does, as the silver ones for other titles are truly horrid quality pens.

All in all the autographs announced so far are great, with lots of newbies, all with proper speaking roles. No "girl at table" so far. Wink Big Grin

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post