Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Season 6 Cards
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Season 6 Cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone know where the Season 6 promo P2 was available ?

RA checklist says "conventions"

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Anyone know where the Season 6 promo P2 was available ?

RA checklist says "conventions"

Rittenhouse is now saying "Not sure what we are going to do with this card but it will be issued."

http://scifihobby.com/bboard/t...adid=2249&messages=3

But some dealers already have the card and a few are on eBay.

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
They didn't give it to the Philly show which was disappointing as they didn't provide any cards for the show. I have purchased one from a seller in Europe so they have issued some as noted above

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This can be taken as good news or bad news depending on your point of view Big Grin but the latest rumour is that HBO are developing FOUR different spinoffs from GOT.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
This can be taken as good news or bad news depending on your point of view Big Grin but the latest rumour is that HBO are developing FOUR different spinoffs from GOT.

Even if you are a big fan of the show, as I am, I can't imagine anyone wanting 4 spinoffs. Nor do I like the idea of a movie.

Game of Thrones should resolve this whole story in its entirety, in its finale. By that I mean, a Queen or King has won the crown and the White Walkers have been beaten back, if not completely destroyed. And they all lived happily ever after. If that's not real life, it should at least be fiction.

One of the consequences of the never ending sequel, prequel and spinoff cycle is that there is no concrete resolution. Every ending that came before, can be changed by something tacked on afterwards. If you arrive at a good place, you don't want to leave it. Why destroy a satisfying ending if you get one? Only because the makers need a cash cow obviously.

But Game of Thrones was the original, anything else is just a copy. If they need to do it, take some minor characters and develop a separate story and leave this one alone. I do so want a nice, clean finish, hopefully with a few favorites riding off into the sunset together. Smile

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't mind a spin off maybe set in Dorne or across the sea, but not involving the main houses in GoT. I would also like to see an ending (hopefully happy for some of them) and not having it changed due to the spin off. I know they talked about a prequel about Rhaegar, Ned and Robert when they were young and I wouldn't mind that. Perhaps even a time set into the future where it is the descendants of some of the current characters.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Latest is that there are now five projects " in development " and all according to Martin are prequels but may not all be set in Westeros.

My guess is that at least some if not all will be expansions of the histories narrated by cast members that are in the Blu Rays.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
To elaborate further, what Martin has said is that there are five pilot scripts in development with the possibility of one or more being produced as a pilot and seeing which of the five could be developed into a series. He also stated that two things a potential prequel series would not be about are the adventures of Dunk & Egg (because he still wants to write more stories about them) or the story of Roberts Rebellion (since that has been often discussed over the length of the series already and he feels it would be redundant to make a show about it).

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
GOT Season 6 Promo P2 < Facebook > Exclusive

http://www.scifihobby.com/facebook-offer.cfm

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post