Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Lost Set: Archives
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Lost Set: Archives
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
There is a jack costume up on ebay and he is not listed on the checklist. I wonder if its a checklist issue or something slipped through that was not supposed to be included

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Soooo...the Dharma patches aren't cast worn apparently...Who wants a manufactured Dharma patch card? Lame

This set has disappointed me numerous times before it is even live

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardinalfan13:
There is a jack costume up on ebay and he is not listed on the checklist. I wonder if its a checklist issue or something slipped through that was not supposed to be included

Yeah you're right. Jack isn't all the checklist. Probably just checklist mistake or last minute add. As the person isn't selling it for any different than the others.

Posts: 128 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow601:
quote:

Yeah you're right. Jack isn't all the checklist. Probably just checklist mistake or last minute add. As the person isn't selling it for any different than the others.

you never know they may not know what they have

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow601:
quote:

Maybe there may be some more signers then what was posted on RA's website. Like Lennon, Eko's brother and Cindy.

Posts: 177 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has anyone noticed that the general distribution promo p1 was never been offered up on the rittenhouse site.....I need one by the way

I have one I can send you.
My email is in my profile, send me your addy.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure why RA felt it was a good idea to have so many repeat signers from the first product. I mean the VAST majority of the VL/L checklist was in the first set so why spend money on these? So that we can have a different picture? On the plus side I think its going to be really easy to put together a set for not much money.

Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
after seeing how many repeat signers i pulled from my case i decided to just keep one of each actors autos. the one i liked the most picture wise. so i go from needing 10 or so autos for auto master sets from this release and seasons 1-5 to needing 5 much cheaper to finsh now and i have a few extras to trade or sell

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cardinalfan13,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the repeat signers are disappointing with this only being the second release from RA. I don't think we'd have a problem if the majority of the cast had already signed, but with so many regulars still yet to, it makes all the repeats seem ridiculous.

I think RA will have trouble getting any more of the majors to sign. I'm sure they would have tried, but it's late in the game with the show finished now. I'm pretty much ruling out Matt Fox and Dominic Monaghan, and doubt Josh Holloway and Evangeline will resign. I'm hopeful for Naveen Andrews and Jorge Garcia, but there's no guarantee for that either.

About the Dharma patches not being worn, I think you'll find there are many costumes which weren't actually worn by the actor. Unless it is stated on the card that it is show worn with the actors name, it could very well be a duplicate or stunt outfit. Remember that many costumes can actually have up to 4 or so duplicates depending on how often they were used. As for LOST, where the same clothes were worn over many episodes, there would have been many versions of the same outfit.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a question for you all. Since I'm new to collecting RA. I ordered a case and only got 1 costume card, when I should have got 3, their ratio is 1:96 packs. Is Rittenhouse like Inkworks in that they will honor the missing cards? TIA!

Posts: 177 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
About the Dharma patches not being worn, I think you'll find there are many costumes which weren't actually worn by the actor. Unless it is stated on the card that it is show worn with the actors name, it could very well be a duplicate or stunt outfit. Remember that many costumes can actually have up to 4 or so duplicates depending on how often they were used. As for LOST, where the same clothes were worn over many episodes, there would have been many versions of the same outfit.

I think the complaint is that these are manufactured patches. They were never part of the show in any way. They've done similar for Star Trek.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rabbit:
I have a question for you all. Since I'm new to collecting RA. I ordered a case and only got 1 costume card, when I should have got 3, their ratio is 1:96 packs. Is Rittenhouse like Inkworks in that they will honor the missing cards? TIA!

Not to be a downer about Rittenhouse's customer service, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. They guarantee the per-box hits but beyond that it's really just a matter of plain old bad luck.

Hopefully RA will prove me wrong and come through for you.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
quote:

some even say it, i think on the lotr costume cards from topps the back of the card says made from fabric used to make thsi costume or something to that effect

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by Rabbit:

Not to be a downer about Rittenhouse's customer service, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. They guarantee the per-box hits but beyond that it's really just a matter of plain old bad luck.

Hopefully RA will prove me wrong and come through for you.

Ed

I decided I'm just going to leave it be, I was so caught up on my case yesterday I didn't realize that I did very well with the 18 boxes. In fact after doing some math I figured out my ratio for the costume cards at 1:108 packs, so I did real well. All I need is 3 Very Limited Auto's, 5 Dharma cards and 3 costume cards.

posted Hide Post
I have to say I really like Bai Lings auto card. I like the Chinese script in the autograph. The only complaint I'd say is that the costume cards don't have an episode linked to the costume like the old Inkworks days, but that is a minor issue. One thing I know for sure is that Sawyer's shirt is from the early episodes of season 5. One last thing, the Sawyer shirt should be labeled a Sawyer/Frogurt shirt. Frogurt did wear the shirt in ep.1 of season 5. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rabbit,

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
any news for an update set with that mysterious 'big signer'?

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update set? Where was this mentioned?

Posts: 233 | Location: Mebane, NC | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not mentioned anywhere, but I am hoping for a new Lost set sometime soon.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know that I'm up for a "full" release yet, but I'd likely go for some sort of expansion-type set.

Posts: 233 | Location: Mebane, NC | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone heard anything about another lost set or expansion set of any kind? There are still a couple big cast members yet to put ink on trading card that I am just dying to see.