Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Lost Set: Archives
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Lost Set: Archives
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheMetatrOn:
Has anyone heard anything about another lost set or expansion set of any kind? There are still a couple big cast members yet to put ink on trading card that I am just dying to see.

Rittenhouse had LOST props on display at the Philly show. But nothing firm on WHEN we might see a set.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I paid close attention to several items in the auction from a couple of months back. I wondered how many of the 1000+ items were nabbed by Rittenhouse for future sets!

Ed, per chance, do you remember any of the items they had on display?

Posts: 233 | Location: Mebane, NC | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
check the philly show pictures thread i remember seeing some of them there....

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 233 | Location: Mebane, NC | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheMetatrOn:
Has anyone heard anything about another lost set or expansion set of any kind? There are still a couple big cast members yet to put ink on trading card that I am just dying to see.

I wouldn't hold your breath. If they haven't signed already there is less chance of them signing now the show has ended

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by weasel-king:
I paid close attention to several items in the auction from a couple of months back. I wondered how many of the 1000+ items were nabbed by Rittenhouse for future sets!

Ed, per chance, do you remember any of the items they had on display?

I wondered if I was bidding against them as well during the auction on the items I won, or was outbid on. I guess time will tell if they beat me on any props or costumes.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
steve posted this over on his website yesterday about premeium format packs

Subject: RE: Spartacus Date: 01/31/2011
Author: Steve Charendoff Reply
We may make Eureka in this format, too. We have a LOST product coming this Spring that will also be in Premium Pack format.

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
naveen andrews,cuse and lindelof to sign. 30 relics or so.

Posts: 46 | Location: UK | Registered: October 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
here is the full message from Steve on the Rittenhouse site

"More details on the LOST product will be released shortly, but I can tell you that there will be 3 relics and 1 autograph in every Premium Pack. Naveen Andrews is the biggest name among the signers, although I am particularly pleased that Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof have signed cards, too. We have relic cards from 30 different characters! Plus there's a relic card of airplane wreckage from Oceanic 815, which I personally think is about as cool a relic card as it gets".

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds exciting that there will be new Lost products. Don't know much about premium packs

Posts: 177 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ricrod
posted Hide Post
I need a little help on the LOST cards and I hope I am not just missing the answer...

How do I tell the difference in the LOST Season 1-5 Autos and the LOST Archives Autos?

I am sorry if this has been ask already but I could not find it and I am trying to see what all I have. Not to happy that the back of the cards do not seem to have an easy way to tell. I thank you ahead for any help...

Posts: 26 | Location: McKinney, TX, USA | Registered: November 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ricrod:
I need a little help on the LOST cards and I hope I am not just missing the answer...

How do I tell the difference in the LOST Season 1-5 Autos and the LOST Archives Autos?

I am sorry if this has been ask already but I could not find it and I am trying to see what all I have. Not to happy that the back of the cards do not seem to have an easy way to tell. I thank you ahead for any help...

Nope, you're not missing anything...

There is absolutely no way to pick up a card and tell if it's from Seasons 1-5 or Archives. You have to rely on a checklist and pictures in the case of signers with multiple cards.

Same problem with Battlestar Galactica cards. Copyright dates on the back sometimes work, but sometimes the cards are printed well in advance of the set.

Rittenhouse does this because there was so much complaining going on about "missing" cards when they skipped a number for one reason or another.

Makes collecting a challenge, doesn't it?

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
Lost as a premium pack? I really don't know about that... Shake Head
But I'm happy to hear that Naveen Andrews has signed. Bouncey

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ricrod
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the answer, looks like I will just make a list of the autos and go with one of each.....

Posts: 26 | Location: McKinney, TX, USA | Registered: November 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really excited about these premium packs. Can't wait!

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry if this sounds like a silly question but can someone please explain what premium packs are. I only collect Lost (inkworks and rittenhouse) so don't know much about other cards. Do you still buy boxes? And someone mentioned they're more expensive, how more expensive?
Is it like a normal set just with more autos, relics in a pack?
Thanks for the help. Can't wait for more news.

Posts: 128 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As buyers demand more hits (auto/pieceworks/sketch) per box the relative importance of base sets (and to a lesser extent chase sets) is diminished. These premium packs cost say $50 and contain a few base and chase plus 1 or more hits. Its a way of card companies reducing the volume of printing but maintaining the amount of hits. I view it in terms of hits that buying a premium pack is like buying a box of normal cards except you dont get the excitement of 24 or 36 pack openings and you dont get the volume of base cards to enjoy collating. Both this style and old school works for me but each to his own.

Posts: 46 | Location: UK | Registered: October 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tha's no fun. I love nothing more than sitting down with my boxes and opening all the packs to see what's inside. The Lost Archive set was pretty good having 4 autos in a box. They should just do that again.
I guess I'll have to wait and see what it's like when more news is announced.

Posts: 128 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Should this new LOST set be a premium pack, if I'm not mistaken, this will be the first time it's been used for an established card license. While I go after base sets, this is an instance where it could help. How many more LOST cards do we need? Maybe one or two concepts could warrant fully blown base sets, but more than likely you'd be starting to recycle content and photos. With smaller premium pack sets like this, you might be able to keep a license fresher longer.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
Should this new LOST set be a premium pack, if I'm not mistaken, this will be the first time it's been used for an established card license. While I go after base sets, this is an instance where it could help. How many more LOST cards do we need? Maybe one or two concepts could warrant fully blown base sets, but more than likely you'd be starting to recycle content and photos. With smaller premium pack sets like this, you might be able to keep a license fresher longer.

Boy, I don't know about this. When I looked in this thread this is the first I heard of it. We have a lengthy discussion going about premium packs in the NSU section, but the products are marginally popular titles. Lost is an established license, and even though the show is over, there are many Lost collectors and it had no problem carrying full releases before.

Would you consider making premium packs only of new Bond cards? How about Star Trek? I don't think so, but where do you draw the line? Confused

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post