New Lost Set: Archives

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/148108234

December 18, 2010, 12:52 AM
Scifi Cards
New Lost Set: Archives
quote:
Originally posted by TheMetatrOn:
Has anyone heard anything about another lost set or expansion set of any kind? There are still a couple big cast members yet to put ink on trading card that I am just dying to see.

Rittenhouse had LOST props on display at the Philly show. But nothing firm on WHEN we might see a set.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

December 30, 2010, 12:10 AM
weasel-king
I paid close attention to several items in the auction from a couple of months back. I wondered how many of the 1000+ items were nabbed by Rittenhouse for future sets!

Ed, per chance, do you remember any of the items they had on display?
December 30, 2010, 12:25 AM
cardinalfan13
check the philly show pictures thread i remember seeing some of them there....

December 30, 2010, 01:14 AM
weasel-king
Cool, thanks--found it. ( http://nonsportupdate.infopop....36037711/m/515106545
December 30, 2010, 03:50 AM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by TheMetatrOn:
Has anyone heard anything about another lost set or expansion set of any kind? There are still a couple big cast members yet to put ink on trading card that I am just dying to see.

I wouldn't hold your breath. If they haven't signed already there is less chance of them signing now the show has ended
December 30, 2010, 08:57 AM
TheMetatrOn
quote:
Originally posted by weasel-king:
I paid close attention to several items in the auction from a couple of months back. I wondered how many of the 1000+ items were nabbed by Rittenhouse for future sets!

Ed, per chance, do you remember any of the items they had on display?

I wondered if I was bidding against them as well during the auction on the items I won, or was outbid on. I guess time will tell if they beat me on any props or costumes.
February 01, 2011, 02:50 AM
cardinalfan13
steve posted this over on his website yesterday about premeium format packs

Subject: RE: Spartacus Date: 01/31/2011
Author: Steve Charendoff Reply
We may make Eureka in this format, too. We have a LOST product coming this Spring that will also be in Premium Pack format.

February 01, 2011, 09:18 AM
Alasdair Wilson
naveen andrews,cuse and lindelof to sign. 30 relics or so.
February 01, 2011, 12:40 PM
damien
here is the full message from Steve on the Rittenhouse site

"More details on the LOST product will be released shortly, but I can tell you that there will be 3 relics and 1 autograph in every Premium Pack. Naveen Andrews is the biggest name among the signers, although I am particularly pleased that Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof have signed cards, too. We have relic cards from 30 different characters! Plus there's a relic card of airplane wreckage from Oceanic 815, which I personally think is about as cool a relic card as it gets".
February 01, 2011, 05:26 PM
Rabbit
Sounds exciting that there will be new Lost products. Don't know much about premium packs
February 02, 2011, 02:24 AM
ricrod
I need a little help on the LOST cards and I hope I am not just missing the answer...

How do I tell the difference in the LOST Season 1-5 Autos and the LOST Archives Autos?

I am sorry if this has been ask already but I could not find it and I am trying to see what all I have. Not to happy that the back of the cards do not seem to have an easy way to tell. I thank you ahead for any help...

February 02, 2011, 03:18 AM
Scifi Cards
quote:
Originally posted by ricrod:
I need a little help on the LOST cards and I hope I am not just missing the answer...

How do I tell the difference in the LOST Season 1-5 Autos and the LOST Archives Autos?

I am sorry if this has been ask already but I could not find it and I am trying to see what all I have. Not to happy that the back of the cards do not seem to have an easy way to tell. I thank you ahead for any help...

Nope, you're not missing anything...

There is absolutely no way to pick up a card and tell if it's from Seasons 1-5 or Archives. You have to rely on a checklist and pictures in the case of signers with multiple cards.

Same problem with Battlestar Galactica cards. Copyright dates on the back sometimes work, but sometimes the cards are printed well in advance of the set.

Rittenhouse does this because there was so much complaining going on about "missing" cards when they skipped a number for one reason or another.

Makes collecting a challenge, doesn't it?

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

February 02, 2011, 05:01 PM
Soul-on-Fire
Lost as a premium pack? I really don't know about that... Shake Head
But I'm happy to hear that Naveen Andrews has signed. Bouncey
February 02, 2011, 07:29 PM
ricrod
Thank you for the answer, looks like I will just make a list of the autos and go with one of each.....

February 02, 2011, 07:47 PM
TheMetatrOn
Really excited about these premium packs. Can't wait!
February 04, 2011, 07:50 AM
Yellow601
Sorry if this sounds like a silly question but can someone please explain what premium packs are. I only collect Lost (inkworks and rittenhouse) so don't know much about other cards. Do you still buy boxes? And someone mentioned they're more expensive, how more expensive?
Is it like a normal set just with more autos, relics in a pack?
Thanks for the help. Can't wait for more news.
February 04, 2011, 09:24 AM
Alasdair Wilson
As buyers demand more hits (auto/pieceworks/sketch) per box the relative importance of base sets (and to a lesser extent chase sets) is diminished. These premium packs cost say $50 and contain a few base and chase plus 1 or more hits. Its a way of card companies reducing the volume of printing but maintaining the amount of hits. I view it in terms of hits that buying a premium pack is like buying a box of normal cards except you dont get the excitement of 24 or 36 pack openings and you dont get the volume of base cards to enjoy collating. Both this style and old school works for me but each to his own.
February 05, 2011, 03:25 AM
Yellow601
Tha's no fun. I love nothing more than sitting down with my boxes and opening all the packs to see what's inside. The Lost Archive set was pretty good having 4 autos in a box. They should just do that again.
I guess I'll have to wait and see what it's like when more news is announced.
February 05, 2011, 11:45 AM
Ryan Cracknell
Should this new LOST set be a premium pack, if I'm not mistaken, this will be the first time it's been used for an established card license. While I go after base sets, this is an instance where it could help. How many more LOST cards do we need? Maybe one or two concepts could warrant fully blown base sets, but more than likely you'd be starting to recycle content and photos. With smaller premium pack sets like this, you might be able to keep a license fresher longer.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
February 05, 2011, 05:39 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
Should this new LOST set be a premium pack, if I'm not mistaken, this will be the first time it's been used for an established card license. While I go after base sets, this is an instance where it could help. How many more LOST cards do we need? Maybe one or two concepts could warrant fully blown base sets, but more than likely you'd be starting to recycle content and photos. With smaller premium pack sets like this, you might be able to keep a license fresher longer.

Boy, I don't know about this. When I looked in this thread this is the first I heard of it. We have a lengthy discussion going about premium packs in the NSU section, but the products are marginally popular titles. Lost is an established license, and even though the show is over, there are many Lost collectors and it had no problem carrying full releases before.

Would you consider making premium packs only of new Bond cards? How about Star Trek? I don't think so, but where do you draw the line? Confused