Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Twilight Zone Archives and Inscriptions (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Twilight Zone Archives and Inscriptions (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Regarding inscription autographs in general, but these TZ inscriptions in particular, I don't believe anyone can compile a complete list of variations if you are going to try to take into account changes in punctuation and capitalization or even placement in terms of lines used.

RA provides a checklist that includes both the inscription and one sample photo. If you just look at the ones shown, you will spot differences in the inscription noted and what's on the card. The punctuation and capitalization don't agree on several of them and even some words are omitted. That's just for the ones we can see, there's no telling what's out there. For that reason I can't think that any of it will matter very much to most people.

It's just another case where overuse has brought a good idea to its most common level and I'm speaking of inscription autographs in general now. They were variants and earned premiums above the pure signature because they were special. They are common place now and only the biggest stars or a really recognizable quote should garner a premium over a regular certified autograph card in my opinion.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Still trying to figure out why the Pamela Austin thinks it is worth so much. The regular card seems to be settling down but the archive version is going crazy.

Am I missing some career milestone that is causing this?

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Still trying to figure out why the Pamela Austin thinks it is worth so much. The regular card seems to be settling down but the archive version is going crazy.

Am I missing some career milestone that is causing this?

There are 2 Pamela Austin autos, A174a and A174b. A174a is the one in the boxes and A174b is an Archive box exclusive.
I haven't seen a picture of A174b but I assume it's an inscription one, based on the description on the Rittenhouse checklist. Maybe people are confused.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Nope, you're not missing anything I can find. I think Number 12 Looks Just Like You may well have been Pamela Austin's career milestone and she wasn't even the star of the episode. No disrespect, just saying that she isn't well known and retired from acting long ago.

I think it's because she is a new signer, the episode is one people remember more than most and certainly for the archive card, the card is very limited.

Early demand and a higher price can settle down once enough copies start to show up for sale, especially on her regular card, which is down as Limited only. However sometimes it can make little sense why a lot of people need something that seems rather minor to others.

The last Star Trek has a new signer named April Tatro. I never heard of her and it turns out she was in a couple of quick shots in one ST episode and didn't say a word. Yet collectors seem to want her autograph much more than other commons. I don't know why either. Young female actresses maybe, but they are both a lot older now. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I know why people want the April Tatro autograph so much, but if I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Teaser! She isn't even green. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
You're on the right track, maybe I DON'T have to explain it!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
She's very flexible.

Posts: 2200 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I thought maybe The Perils of Pauline might have put Pamela Austin in the same category but then saw that Pat Boone was in it.

Maybe I was thinking The Perils of Gwendoline Wink

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
We're sinking fast. Big Grin