Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Twilight Zone Archives and Inscriptions (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Twilight Zone Archives and Inscriptions (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted
Not to be confused with The Rod Serling Edition of TZ Archives released in 2019, this one is reported as scheduled for May 2020 in NSU, but is not yet up on RA's website.

It is reported to be loaded with inscriptions, as well as several first time signers.

Now the Rod Serling edition also contained an abundance of inscriptions. So this is going to be very similar to the idea for RA's Star Trek Original Series Archives and Inscriptions, which should drop just before this in April 2020.

Anybody want to guess what other RA titles can get the "and Inscriptions" tag? Big Grin I wouldn't mind, except that the novelty of "scripted" inscriptions have already been overused and only a few selected ones have shown to be in demand enough to warrant a premium over the basic autograph. Some collectors even prefer the space and cleanness of the basic autograph card.

Same thing with dual autographs. A dual autograph doesn't automatically double the price because there are two signatures. Often a lesser signer will actually reduce the card price that the more in demand signer could get on his or her own. It's the same concept of a single star autograph on a baseball and the same star on a team signed ball. Sports collectors often prefer the single sweet-spot signed items, because that's the only autograph they want to pay for. Team signed items or multiple signed items are in lesser demand. Everything tries to sink to any lower elements involved.

Anyway, there is a new TZ release for 2020 and we'll see how it goes when RA starts advertising it.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Also in the NSU Upper Deck preview article is a photo of an inscribed autograph card from well known comedian and supporting actor Orson Bean. The Inscription say "Hi". He has had only one prior Twilight Zone autograph card in Science and Superstition.

While crossing a street, Mr. Bean was struck and killed by multiple cars yesterday night in Hollywood. He was 91 years old. He had a long career and was still working. Its a shame to hear. RIP Mr. Bean.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
That is terrible news, hard to hear.
Rest in peace, Orson Bean.

I was actually chiming in to promote tomorrow night's (Sunday, Feb 9th) episode of "Collector's Call" on MeTV (check local listings) which features a Twilight Zone super-collector. I'm hoping he has some of the Rittenhouse cards and shows those off. Frankly, I'm not sure how you could have a TV-worthy TZ collection without having the cards.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
I was actually chiming in to promote tomorrow night's (Sunday, Feb 9th) episode of "Collector's Call" on MeTV (check local listings) which features a Twilight Zone super-collector. I'm hoping he has some of the Rittenhouse cards and shows those off. Frankly, I'm not sure how you could have a TV-worthy TZ collection without having the cards.

If you watch the sneak peek video closely, at around the 5 or 6 second mark, you'll get your answer. Wink

https://www.metv.com/collector...eek-meet-ed-montalvo

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That episode of Collector's Call was last Sunday for me.

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Hmm, I think that was last week's episode with the TZ collector. This week, host Lisa Whelchel catches up with "Facts of Life" co-star Charlotte Rae's son, who inherited his mom's memorabilia collection.

Unfortunately, MeTV doesn't have an On-Demand channel, but hopefully, they'll air a repeat of the TZ episode.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that was on last week. I recorded it but haven't watched it yet. There was also a "Batman" episode I haven't watched yet.

Last season, on the show's website you could watch past episodes. It didn't look like the network repeated episodes later in the night or during the following week. It did run repeats of last season in the couple of weeks before the new season started.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Hmm, I think that was last week's episode with the TZ collector. This week, host Lisa Whelchel catches up with "Facts of Life" co-star Charlotte Rae's son, who inherited his mom's memorabilia collection.

Unfortunately, MeTV doesn't have an On-Demand channel, but hopefully, they'll air a repeat of the TZ episode.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I watched the episode last night. At least twice the camera pans over some autograph cards and a binder too, I think, but no one talks about them. The collector had some show-used props but also some recent memorabilia that another guy appraised. Not knowing the doll/action figure market, the newer stuff sounded overvalued to me.

Jess

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
May 20th release date on this.

Official title seems to be "Archives 2020 Edition".

https://www.scifihobby.com/pro...s/twilightzone/2020/

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Product page is now up, and although not complete, it does show some images of the inscription autos. Dual booklet autographs this time of Serling/Shatner and Serling/Mumy.

https://www.scifihobby.com/pro...s/twilightzone/2020/

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
May 20th release date on this.

Bumped to June 24th.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Or how to take 35 signers and turn them into a total of 212 cards/variants. Big Grin And more inscriptions will probably be found along the way.

RA seems to have replaced the SCARCE, ELs and VLs with a Quantity Range this time around.

Always good to see more TZ, even though Orson Bean is the only new addition that I really know.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
He has signed before so not new.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
He has signed before so not new.

Oh, well then I guess I don't really know any new signers. Big Grin Although Pamela Austin looks the most interesting for the #12 episode.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I agree new singers are always a welcome addition.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I agree new singers are always a welcome addition.

is this the musical version of Twilight Zone. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Your next stop -- The La La Zone!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bumped to July 1st.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So I'm examining RA's checklist of inscriptions for this one and I have to say that, while some are scripted and boring, a few people obviously went way farther than they had to. My best pick by far would be Ann Jillian, who took the opportunity to give both acting tips and health advice along with her signature, among other things.

"Non-verbal acting is not easy. Playing Else was a challenge."

"Early detection ---- Still best protection. Get a check-up!"

Can't accuse her of not earning her signing fee. I'm surprised they fit on the card. Big Grin