Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Topps @ San Diego Comic-Con
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps @ San Diego Comic-Con
 Login/Join

posted
Booth 4120.

We'll have a show exclusive GPK T-shirt featuring and all new character for Comic-con ("Comic Conner")-- a FREE promo card for the same character, a set of 6 jumbo poster-sized (11x14) GPK cards, and like 2012, a Mars Attacks trading card scavenger hunt!

FINALLY-- it looks like there's also going to be at least one major announcement at the show!

Feel free to start guessing Smile

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
My guess is that Upper Deck is buying Topps and will be retiring all of the Topps brands except for Bazooka Joe.

That's right, Upper Deck's goal all along was to get into the bubble gum business which they'll be able to do once they've acquired the famed secret chewing gum formula.

But seriously (I hope!), this is all most welcome news, M.C.
The scavenger hunt was a lot of fun last time, so an encore of that is most welcome and the GPK exclusives are sure to be a big hit at the convention.

Can you give a hint on the announcement? Is it a new license, perhaps for a set fans have long been clamoring for?

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Can you give a hint on the announcement? Is it a new license, perhaps for a set fans have long been clamoring for?

Maybe it is the Return of the Jedi 3d set?

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping the announcement is the autograph lineup for Doctor Who!

I can dream, right??

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I love this line and look forward to scavenging for them.

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great looking Mars Attacks puzzle, MC! Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:
Great looking Mars Attacks puzzle, MC! Smile

You should see the 3ft poster we had made of it for the office. It seems to look better the bigger it gets!

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Great pics, thanks, MC!!!
The anticipation is really building now.
SOOOO glad to have Topps back at Comic-Con with a proper presence. The last couple of years haven't been the same without you guys.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to fear we didn't make enough of those prints/t-shirts! We're limiting them per day to make sure everyone has a chance, so if you're attending-- get to the booth early!

posted Hide Post
If you're walking the show, keep an eye out for this banner, across from Nickelodeon! It's 9 feet wide and will be hanging at the 8ft level!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey, you are probably uber swamped at the show but wanted to invite you to join us for dinner on Saturday at the Harbor House.

quote:
Originally posted by Martian Commander:
If you're walking the show, keep an eye out for this banner, across from Nickelodeon! It's 9 feet wide and will be hanging at the 8ft level!

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Now this is what should go on a t-shirt! Thumb Up

Hope you can make it to dinner Sat. night MC!

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Thanks so much for the TOPPS promos and for the Mars Attacks cards. The artwork is outstanding. Listed some to share on here and sending the remaining to Harris. Was very nice meeting you.

Did y'all sell out the t-shirts? I left to get some sleep after visiting your booth.

quote:
I'm starting to fear we didn't make enough of those prints/t-shirts! We're limiting them per day to make sure everyone has a chance, so if you're attending-- get to the booth early!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NL:
Hi,

Thanks so much for the TOPPS promos and for the Mars Attacks cards. The artwork is outstanding. Listed some to share on here and sending the remaining to Harris. Was very nice meeting you.

Did y'all sell out the t-shirts? I left to get some sleep after visiting your booth.

quote:

Yes we did sell out-- mid-day on Sunday. A fellow bought the last size Small for his 10yr old son. That was cool.

And it was very nice meeting you as well! I've always enjoyed meeting the fun, friendly fans at these events and you were no exception!

Thanks for the compliments-- the artist is Chad McCown, who has done some work on the MA sketch cards, and is a great animator and toy designer as well.

I hear you about sleep. I'm still not fully recovered… what an exhausting show!

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What was the major announcement??

Posts: 3 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: August 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post