Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Iron 2 (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Iron 2 (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
5 days to go until release... still no checklist available.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
5 days to go until release... still no checklist available.

Yeah and it's still not sold out on the website.

The checklist will probably pop up right after these posts Big Grin, but inquiries on the site continue to go unanswered. I would say it's too late for another delay and it will come out regardless, but things have changed over there.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some distributors have got their cases, mine should arrive tomorrow. First time I get my cases before the checklist (unless it's posted very soon).

Posts: 67 | Location: TX | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Two days from release and still no published checklist on the website and no sell out. Looks like this could be the straw . . .

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
A bare bones checklist is now up. No photos and the inscriptions have not been recorded yet, as they were with prior sets. Maybe it's a work in progress.

I know for a fact that large bulk buyers already have their cases and started to break without any info from RA. Have to review it further now.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Based on the current checklist, which may change, there are 10 new signers in Iron 2. Don't ask me who they played because it's not recorded yet, but I think some may have no names.

Clifford Barry, Andy Beckwith, Sean Blowers, Harry Grasby, Gerald Lepkoskwi, Patrick Malahide, Robert Pugh, Dar Salim, Mia Soteriou and David Verrey.

Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
I forgot Sean Blowers had a teeny weeny part as Lord Manderly in S6 iirc. He's probably best known in the UK from TV show London's Burning. As a side note I was friendly with his late mother-in-law. She lived in my town, was friends with my grandparents and we were in hospital the same time once, when Sean visited. Smile Oddly I never got his autograph...guess now is the time.

All that aside, it looks like collectors of new signers won't find it too expensive. My wallet will breathe a sigh of relief. Big Grin

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but now I'm going to have to run down the 10 FBs, and the only one I even know is Malahide. I would have done better with no new sighers.

Now I'm wondering when to pick up a couple of boxes. I have a strong feeling that this one will lay and we are going to get big discounts as dealers want to move them. I could be wrong, but my later buys of Iron 1 were cheaper than my initial order and this one looks cold out of the gate.

I don't know why RA didn't make it the Final Edition, like they did with Bond after the license expired. Do they really think there is demand for another set that looks the same as all the other sets. Big Grin

Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Yeah, but now I'm going to have to run down the 10 FBs, and the only one I even know is Malahide. I would have done better with no new sighers.

Now I'm wondering when to pick up a couple of boxes. I have a strong feeling that this one will lay and we are going to get big discounts as dealers want to move them. I could be wrong, but my later buys of Iron 1 were cheaper than my initial order and this one looks cold out of the gate.

I don't know why RA didn't make it the Final Edition, like they did with Bond after the license expired. Do they really think there is demand for another set that looks the same as all the other sets. Big Grin

Agree with you on most of that, Raven. RA don't seem to really have promoted this set much and it feels a bit half-baked.
I also think the boxes will reduce in price in a fairly short time, and the lower end autograph cards will too. Might even see reductions by next month.
Had RA thrown everything into this set, effort and product, clearing the house, you'd see a lot more anticipation on the release and perhaps much better guaranteed hits for each box.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The Gold signature card of Emilia Clarke is now up on eBay with a BIN of a mere $9,000. That's not the funny part.

Or two parts. The autograph, although pretty good for her, looks like the typical "hardly stands out against the black background" type. I loathe the gold design because more often than not the signature stinks.

But the best part is her expression in the closeup headshot. With pouty lips and an empty, wide-eyed stare, the Mother of Dragons looks like she is 13 years old and doesn't have a brain cell in her head. Who picked that photo anyhow? Big Grin