Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dr. Who & CSI - Strictly Ink
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 35
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr. Who & CSI - Strictly Ink
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nice one Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK now as a sad completeist I'm trying to make up a list of the artists who did Doctor Who sketches ( listed in the same order as on the Strictly Ink page :

Chris Achilleos ( All redemption )
Cat Staggs ( All redemption )
Warren Martineck
Nick Neocleous
Tom Hodges ( All redemption ? )
Kevin Graham
Rich Molinelli
Sarah Wikinson
Cynthia Cummens ( Some redemption )
Walter Howarth
Chris Mabbot/VIKTOR

I'm not sure whether Cynthia Kendrick did any for this set - I do hope so.

Amy Provonost definitely did Smile ( and many kudos to Amy for the little Dalek in her signature on her Dalek/Exterminate sketch card Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up)

Further I've seen an eBay auction for a sketch by Evan Driscoll too

After that on the completist path is to get sketches of all the Doctors and so far the Davison and McGann Doctors seem the rarest and the Troughton least rare.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dis68,

He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of Time and he can see the turn of the Universe.
And...
He's WONDERFUL.

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
These sketches are so expensive. Roll Eyes

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter cloet:
These sketches are so expensive. Roll Eyes

Classic supply and demand - there are about 250 cases of Dr Who Trilogy with 1-2 sketch cards reported per case giving in the region of 750 sketch cards in total spread over some excellent artists so the same forces are in play that pushed the LOTR sketches to high prices.

And...
He's WONDERFUL.

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
My maths says that 1 in 8 boxes have a sketch, and there are 2999 boxes, so thats 375 sketches in total plus a few spares/extras...

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just received more cards for Who and Avengers. Now's the time for suggestions, so let's have it!

Posts: 254 | Location: Chicago | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
What she said! Any good reference sites from you guys would be great too!

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Hi artistes

Try the following: -

http://www.gallifreyone.com/

http://shannonsullivan.com/drwho/

These might help

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
To CC and RAM - which series of Who are they for

Are they for the classic series 1963-1989 + 1996 ( William Hartnell through Sylvester mcCoy plis Paul McGann ) OR for the revived series 2005- ( Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant ) ?

In general places like wikipedia, theTARDIS index, a GOOGLE image search or the BBC themselves might be good places to start

For the 2005 onwards seasons then there are alot of images/wallpapers at the official site at the BBC

After all that my suggestions for characters/cards from the latest 2 series include :
[SPOILERS may be here]
-Exterior of the T.A.R.D.I.S.
-Ninth Doctor
-Tenth Doctor
-Rose
-Sarah Jane Smith
-Captain Jack Harkness
-Mickey
-Emperor Dalek
-Daleks levitating/flying over London
-the Dalek creature
-the Beast from "The Satan Pit"
-Toby possessed by the Beast
-Cybermen marching
-Face of Boe
-Cassandra ( stretched out ! )
-Reinette and the Doctor
-Harriet Jones MP
-the spaceship crashing through the clock tower of the Palace of Westminster ( ususally known after the bell Big Ben which is in the tower )
-Clockwork men and King Louis
-the OOD
-the Empty Child
-the Reaper in the church attacking the Doctor

And...
He's WONDERFUL.

Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
Chris Achilleos ( All redemption )
Cat Staggs ( All redemption )
Warren Martineck
Nick Neocleous
Tom Hodges ( All redemption ? )
Kevin Graham
Rich Molinelli
Sarah Wikinson
Cynthia Cummens ( Some redemption )
Walter Howarth
Chris Mabbot/VIKTOR

Further I've seen an eBay auction for a sketch by Evan Driscoll too
.[/QUOTE]

I have seen the Driscoll sketchs, they were done as samples but were then added to the sets. There seams to be a lot of sketch cards still to be pictured on the strictly ink site.
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/9001071502

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I've been working on more Who and CSI. These are new.

Posts: 254 | Location: Chicago | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I like Smile

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
More wonderful sketches CC Bouncey Elephant Bouncey and thank you for sharing Wave

And...
He's WONDERFUL.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Great cards Cynthia, you've gone for some extreme close ups there. I just handed in some more sketch cards myself, a mix of Dr Who, the New Avengers and CSI. I did less than 40 CSI cards as I've only ever seen 2 episodes of the show.

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
Great cards Cynthia I think your pencil sketches are among the best cards in the series. Thanks for showing them.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
I too am doing some more Doctor Who. Hope to have some up by weeks end.

Rich

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Rich

Just received a CSI redemption sketch of Catherine Willows that you did.Very nice work with some extra fine detailing on the cap she is wearing and the background is highlighted in pink Thumb Up.

Are you doing sketches for the CSI and Doctor Who sets Strictly Ink has planned for later this year?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Hi Rich

Just received a CSI redemption sketch of Catherine Willows that you did.Very nice work with some extra fine detailing on the cap she is wearing and the background is highlighted in pink Thumb Up.

Are you doing sketches for the CSI and Doctor Who sets Strictly Ink has planned for later this year?

Why thank you! I will be working more with Strictly ink in 2007 but I don't know on what yet. So stay tuned!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dis68:

I'm not sure whether Cynthia Kendrick did any for this set - I do hope so.

Hey dis68...thanks again for the compliment. Big Grin Unfortunately I didn't do any sketches for Dr. Who or Avengers, only the 25 CSI sketches...so I guess that makes them harder to find!

I will be drawing some more for Strictly Ink in the coming months, so stay tuned! Wavey

Posts: 13 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post