Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dr. Who & CSI - Strictly Ink
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 35
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr. Who & CSI - Strictly Ink
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Nick that Tom Baker bottom center is very cool. They all look great!

Posts: 377 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great work as usual Nick! Thumb Up

http://www.ieatkrayons.blogspot.com

Posts: 14 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Thumb Up
Super sketches Nik!
The sontaran has to be my favourite. They are still my favourite Dr Who monster, so I suppose it's to be expected.
Thanks for posting them.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
Fantastic sketches. But enough with the teases !! Thumb Up

When is this set going to be released? Smile

Has anyone who has registered, received an email from Strictly Ink 'inviting' them to buy a box yet ?

As I understand it's an invite only purchase for registered customers ?

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Bad news about CSI:Miami Series 2, I emailed Barrie aboout the release date and this is the reply I got-

Hi Alan

these will ship in September, sorry for the hold, with a sketch/costume
per box it has taken longer for the artists/actors to conclude their
work.

Regards]
Barrie

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Just received this from Elisabeth at Strictly Ink-

Hi Alan

Sorry to say that the July date has been revised, we are looking at a
late September/ early October release.

Regards
Elisabeth

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ27UK:
Just received this from Elisabeth at Strictly Ink-

Hi Alan

Sorry to say that the July date has been revised, we are looking at a
late September/ early October release.

Regards
Elisabeth

I am sure these will be worth the wait but it really makes it difficult to plan anything Frown.I have a holiday booked for 21st September that I had assumed would not clash with any cards I had ordered Mad .

Honestly I would not be surprised if the dates for CSI Miami did not slip further which in this instance will suit me but it is very frustrating for people who have budgeted for this and have to change plans.

I would probably have ordered some Harry Potter OOTP or Star Wars 30th boxes if I had known these would be delayed.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NIK:
A few more from me for the 2006 Yearbox.

NIK drew another Master card, Nice!

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
Great work Nik

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post

My last batch for the best of boxes. I had a blast doing these, but am so thankful to be doing some NEW stuff!

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
More great sketches Rich. Thumb Up Thanks for posting them.

Two more sontarans. Drool

Great stuff!

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Great sketches. Will there be any CSI sketches in the Yearbox?

Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
Nope no CSI from me. there weren't supposed to be any Avengers either, but Barrie had asked me for 50 cards so I used the blanks to make up the difference. Smile Thanks for the kind words!

R

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
**ATTENTION**

Check out strictlyinks news page, updated today, for further information on all upcoming releases.

Drool

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Great sketches Rich!

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I hope that Barrie changes his mind about releasing both CSI Miami and CSI New York on the same day.

Most people will want both and same day releases are hard on peoples pockets.It will be difficult for dealers as well with both at the same time to break cases and sort out the cards.It must be an extra strain on the Strictly Ink staff as well.

Releasing them a month apart would be more sensible.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
The Strictly Ink website is now updated with more details of the Yearbox, but the way I read it, its a combined product for all the Series released, so for a Who fan such as myself, the odds of getting a Who Sketch from the box I get appear somewhat limited. Confused

Am I reading it correctly????

HOWEVER: There's also mention on the site of a 2nd Edition Who Trilogy box which is by invite only. Sounds cool!!! Clap

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
You are reading it right Dalekfan, you could get 1 or 2 sketches from CSI, New Avengers or Dr Who in the Yearbook. You could also set 1 or 2 autos in the box from any of these series. Sketches will be available in the Dr Who set. Both are invite only.

Received an e-mail from Barrie about this on Friday to expect more news this week, and another from Elizabeth today that they are working out how to proceed with the 'invite only'.

Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply justm. Wink

I wonder how Dealers will be worked into the "invite only" mix, seeing as there aren't many sets to go round??

Do the dealers get "proportional representation" based upon how big a buyer they've been in the past (which will mean proportionately fewer sets for collectors Frown), or will it be "one each" for everyone so that as many fans as possible get a chance??

How have quantities as low as this been meted out before with other sets? My experience is only with Who... Confused

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well the Who Trilogy 2nd Edition looks very good ( guaranteed set, 1x auto plus 1x sketch per box ) and a reasonable price per box/binder according to this page

and as for the Yearbook/Yearbox well the CSI-3 was restricted to 250 cases and the New Avengers to 125 cases so smallish quantities are not unknown Angel

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post