Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dr. Who & CSI - Strictly Ink
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 35
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr. Who & CSI - Strictly Ink
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justm:
As they're due out in August I don't expect to hear much before then. Barrie will keep us guessing. I anticipate something a little bit special. Wink

I would imagine that will slip then. SI aren't very good at keeping release dates

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Razz

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the great compliments guys!

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
HI All, just to keep you informed on this secret release, the Strictly Ink 2006 Yearbox will be released invite only in August and is limited to a hand made 1/250 units. A few clues, the box looks like a 17" Apple Macbook with Red Foiling and will be full of cool stuff. Full detailed updates here as soon as the final proofs are with me. This is not a new Dr Who release. Regards Barrie - Strictly Ink.

Posts: 170 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
With New York delayed until Sept what about Miami?

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Just pre-ordered my Miami Series 2 box. Fingers crossed the release date stays the same.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Here are some of my cards that aren't shown on the Strictly Ink site. These were some of the cards done for the redemptions:

And these are some of the cards done for the upcoming 2006 Strictly Ink yearbox:

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Great stuff Nik. Thumb Up

The Tom Baker with half in shadow is AWESOME. Drool

Thanks for sharing, just gutted I didn't get a sketch or redemption in my box.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
There was a competition on the base of the dr who trilogy boxes to win some Nik stuff, did anybody hear the result?

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nik, I just adore your Dr Who cards! Clap

Rabid Horse Art - www.rabidhorse.com

Art Updates - www.rabidhorse.com/artblog

Posts: 390 | Location: East of Montreal, Canada | Registered: October 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nik,
Those are simply brilliant. Great use of color. Are those with those markers we had discussed earlier???

Posts: 377 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of your work, Nik. Those are superb. Thank you for posting them for us to see. Thumb Up

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Justm, sorry you didn't get a card in your box Frown
Steve J, I think Barrie will be posting news of the prize draw soon.
Thanks Jedipencil, I appreciate your comments, especially as I think your cards are amazing.
Hi Don, they're inked with a sable brush and bottle of india ink and coloured with the brushpens I mentioned to you, the Tombow and Faber Castell Pitt pens. I wouldn't call them markers, markers are alcohol based like the Prismacolour and Copic ones, I don't use those.
Thanks Dalekfan! I'm still working on more cards for the 2006 Yearbox, I'll post more samples when they're done.

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Steve J, I think Barrie will be posting news of the prize draw soon.

Wasn't it drawn in April? Does this mean I could still be a winner. Bouncey My luck in cards in not very good, perhaps its my turn to win.

Some people might say that I have already been lucky since I received a Nik sketch from my 2 boxes. Big Grin

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Red Face
Didn't look UNDER the box!!

Woe is me, for I am twice gutted.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justm:

Didn't look UNDER the box!!

D'oh! Neither did I!

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
what is under the box?

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve j:
There was a competition on the base of the dr who trilogy boxes to win some Nik stuff, did anybody hear the result?

It was this ^^^^^^^.

Do try to keep up Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Hi everyone, here's a couple of scans of some my Dr. Who cards for the Strictly Ink Best of collection.

The Ambassadors, 4 panel card.

And some pencil drawings. My apologies for the scan quality. My scanner cuts portions off for some reason.

~Rowena

http://www.ieatkrayons.blogspot.com

Posts: 14 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Very nice Rowena. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post