Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dr. Who & CSI - Strictly Ink
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 35
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr. Who & CSI - Strictly Ink
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CC:
I'm happy to announce I'll be doing sketch cards for 2 upcoming releases from Strictly Ink: Dr. Who & CSI.
-Cynthia

Just curious, are you a Doctor Who fan? This isn't to imply that if you aren't then that will somehow make your cards less desirable or anything. I'm more wondering how if you are a fan, how that will influence your choice of sketch subjects (which, of course, assumes you have a choice and aren't contractually bound to stick to specific subjects).

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Having just gotten my income tax refund I was able to do something I haven't had the money to do before: pre-order boxes and a binder from Strictly Ink. Their 3-for-2 deal didn't hurt.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
Having just gotten my income tax refund I was able to do something I haven't had the money to do before: pre-order boxes and a binder from Strictly Ink. Their 3-for-2 deal didn't hurt.

-Bob-

Nice one Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:

-Bob-

Nice one Thumb Up

We'll see. I'm just wondering if I won't get anything until all three sets have shipped, and lord knows when that will be. ;-)

-Bob-

posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
Just curious, are you a Doctor Who fan? This isn't to imply that if you aren't then that will somehow make your cards less desirable or anything. I'm more wondering how if you are a fan, how that will influence your choice of sketch subjects (which, of course, assumes you have a choice and aren't contractually bound to stick to specific subjects).
[/QUOTE]

My grandfather was a fan, so as a kid, I'd seen the show from time to time. At this point, I'm not sure which characters I'll be drawing. While walking through Leicester Square last month, I met one of the actors who played Doctor Who (a friend I was with knew him and introduced me - I'll have to ask him again who it was - I think it was Colin but I can't remember right now!). Kind of a coincidence. Or maybe there's no such thing.... Smile

And for anyone who is wondering about CSI, here's a sample sketch for the set.

Thanks everyone!
-Cynthia

Posts: 254 | Location: Chicago | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Another marvellous sketch Cynthia ( My wife said Oh WOW when she saw it Smile )

After seeing that I think a great sketch for the Doctor Who series would be of the late Roger Delgado as The Master

He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of Time and he can see the turn of the Universe.
And...
He's WONDERFUL.

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Yes,the Grissom sketch is excellant Thumb Up
Looking forward to more.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Amazing work as always Cynthia!!! Drool Clap Clap Clap

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping that will be mine Smile

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think it was Colin but I can't remember right now!).

Probably Colin Baker? Chubby looking fellow? Big Grin
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The website has been updated and Warren Martinek is doing sketches as well. Dance

This is great news,he did a very nice Faith sketch for me at Memorabilia.

I just hope the cards are not too hard to pull.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Says Very limited numbers on the web-site

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quaint1:
quote:
I think it was Colin but I can't remember right now!).

Probably Colin Baker? Chubby looking fellow? Big Grin
Au Res.,
Paul

I was wrong, it was Sylvester McCoy!

Posts: 254 | Location: Chicago | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Paul now wishing he had not called Colin Baker a chubby fellow. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Paul now wishing he had not called Colin Baker a chubby fellow.

No I'm not - Colin Baker was (when I saw him last) on the 'knows where the pies are kept' side of 'not slim'. Big Grin
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quaint1:
quote:
Paul now wishing he had not called Colin Baker a chubby fellow.

No I'm not - Colin Baker was (when I saw him last) on the 'knows where the pies are kept' side of 'not slim'. Big Grin
Au Res.,
Paul

lol Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The above card is available. If interested, please send me an email.

CC
c_cummens@yahoo.com

posted Hide Post
quote:

-Bob-

Thanks for the post, I would have not known about it otherwise, and with the free shipping it is an amazing deal!

Also, Cynthia, if you want suggestions for Dr. Who, a Romana II sketch would be awesome!

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CC:

And for anyone who is wondering about CSI, here's a sample sketch for the set.

Thanks everyone!
-Cynthia

This card is now mine Big Grin Clap Bouncey Dance

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
A nice purchase for your collection. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post