Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dr. Who & CSI - Strictly Ink
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 35
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr. Who & CSI - Strictly Ink
 Login/Join

Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
quote:
however, i can confirm that Inkworks does have a USA
/ CANADA exclusive license for the new show, this
agreement was issued on the basis the company does
not grey market. We wish them all the best, Inkworks
is a great company- more to follow soon!

This news could mean strictly ink could have a uk release of the new Dr Who, lets hope so as they have done a great job so far.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Could mean we get two sets - even better

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Two sets of Doctor Who from two different manufacturers at the same time sounds almost too good to be true, and probably is. Has this ever been done before? I suppose it's technically possible for the BBC to sell exclusive EU/UK rights & exclusive US rights seperately.

We shall see.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: justm,

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justm:
Two sets of Doctor Who from two different manufacturers at the same time sounds almost too good to be true, and probably is. Has this ever been done before? I suppose it's technically possible for the BBC to sell exclusive EU/UK rights & exclusive US rights seperately.

We shall see.

Yes, but you have to bear in mind that legally, the Dr Who Dalek films and the TV Series are 2 separate legal entities with rights owned by 2 corporate bodies, so its not just 2 Dr Who sets at the same time; they're 2 completely independent branches of one concept.

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
You missed the point, 2 new series dr who one EU/UK rights & one exclusive US rights seperately. Plus the movie set which as you say will have differant rights, so that could be 3 sets.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sittin9duck:
You missed the point, 2 new series dr who one EU/UK rights & one exclusive US rights seperately. Plus the movie set which as you say will have differant rights, so that could be 3 sets.

Ah right. Thanks.

Still, all Who Merchandise is split between Classic and New Series as far as rights are concerned, so there's no reason why trading cards shouldn't be the same.

Three series at the same time is unlikely though: the chances of 3 being released at around the same time (even if they are all released) is remote, surely?

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
Time will tell, oh for a tardis right now.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
I just wanted to thank Quaint1 for sending me the Prisoner base set.
THANKS QUAINT1 !!!
Thumb Up

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The first Carolyn Edwards card I've seen on EBAY went for GBP 385

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dis68:
The first Carolyn Edwards card I've seen on EBAY went for GBP 385

Sketch cards on this set are generally going for around the £50-£60 mark. This seems very high, but looking at the Strictly Ink website it appears that all of her sketches (except 1, which might be just an ommission) were redemption only. This could be the reason. The rarity factor could be that they've yet to be claimed.
I will add, from looking at the others that I don't think the one that sold for that amount was one of her best, but that is purely subjective.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
Its all subjective of course, but I agree with justm on this - can't see that it justifies the price. Silly money.

I do, however, like Carolyn Edwards work very much, and have commissioned a card directly from her for an awful lot less money than that... Razz

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Nik,
No problem!

Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
Here are a few I just completed for SI "Best of 2006" Boxes. Enjoy!

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
Great stuff, RAM!!! Clap Nice to see some new subjects for the cards too!!!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes great images from RAM yet again - I especially like Alpha Centauri though Thumb Up

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Great sketches.

Thumb Up

My favourite has to be the smiling Ice Warrior.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
really looking forward to the "best of 2006" boxes.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
We are still waiting for news on the 2006 best of boxes, they like hanging us around don't they!

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
As they're due out in August I don't expect to hear much before then. Barrie will keep us guessing. I anticipate something a little bit special. Wink

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
I really hope that I'm home when they are released because I'm a bit on vacation in august.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post