Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dr. Who & CSI - Strictly Ink
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr. Who & CSI - Strictly Ink
 Login/Join

Picture of Alex Krycek
posted Hide Post
Just a quick note to ask about the SI website . Went onto it earlier and noticed a message on the left hand side of the screen when looking at the monochrome trilogy info .

Say something along the line that no BBC products are longer available .

Has this always been here or have SI got a slap on the wrist for having so many new series characters as sketch cards ?

Posts: 56 | Location: Sunny Scotland | Registered: August 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I don't think it's a slap on the wrist for anything - Inkworks now has the BBC Doctor Who licence and so Strictly Ink are no longer able to produce (as I understand it) cards based on the BBC series (I think the latest Trilogy set was the last they produced under their licence)
However, again as I understand it, SI DO still have the licence to produce non-BBC Doctor Who related product, such as the Peter Cushing movies.
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Just finished opening the ordinary packs from my case.Got one full set of base cards in each box but I did not get a single F12 from the gold foil set.

I made up 7 sets of 17 just missing that one card.Anybody else notice this or was I just unlucky?

Hi Triple-Frog

Just finished opening the packets from my case, unbelievably I also made 7 sets of 17 missing the F12 foil card. I am just about to email Barrie to see if he can help.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It appears that the F12 chase card was not included in the Second Wave Mono-chrome Dr Who set so as NOT TO DE-VALUE THE ORIGINAL RELEASE. This appears to this NSU Member as rather confusing, if they did not want to de-value the first release why release any more. It is the sketches that people (me) were really after so a release Just For the Sketches would have seemed the logical approach to take?????

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
With all the new sketches flooding the market the sketches have been devalued by 50% to 70% on most with only the very best going at what was there normal price. Who would be bothered by losing £5 on a chase set when you could lose £100 on a sketch card? We will have to see at what the prices level out at to see how much this second release has affected it. In the mean time there are some bargains to be had and a lot of great sketches.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sittin9duck:
In the mean time there are some bargains to be had and a lot of great sketches.

Yes you said that to me about the Achilleos Rose sketch you won from me - I am glad you like it !

However I think the devaluation has hit even the best sketches from these sets ( 30GBP for a Carolyn Edwards 2nd Doctor and 25GBP for a Nik 1st Doctor )

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
I think the f12 thing was a screw up pure and simple. The original F sets seem to top out at about the £6.00 mark on the Bay so keeping its value is a little pointless.

As to the sketch card devaluation well yeah that was inevitable with the numbers that suddenly hit the market all at once. I mean if you drop 900ish cards in all at once people are not going buy them all, and the prices will drop. That said some of the prices asked for on these cards was nutty. It will probably level out in a few months.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So somewhere there must be an F12 Mountain Big Grin

Do we think these will go into the Yearbox or into the Big Screen 2 set or just vanish Cool

Also it should be noted that the Sketch Redemption cards were going for about 100GBP before and are now at about 40GBP

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
that's good for me because I still haven't got one.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
I think it's interesting to see the sketch cards left on the bay, about 95% of which are in the hands of dealers.

With the Market currently saturated and collectors (presumably) all having at least a few of what they want, does that mean the dealers will drop their BIN prices a bit as the sellers market ebbs? We shall see... Smokin'

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
Thats already happened I have seen several cards do the rounds more than once on the Bay getting cheaper every time some of which have still not sold. That said the high end cards will always still fetch a good price, and this leveling out should mean more realistic prices for some of the "lesser" cards.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
I have thought for a while that these were overpriced - I couldn't justify the expenditure for what they were. The star wars 30th sketches seemed to find their levels very quickly.

Hopefully the prices will come down, which will benefit collectors. Looking on the dealer sites there are some serious prices there. I'll bide my time I think.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
Well with the initial release of Trilogy the sketch cards were very hard to come by, with one or two per case which obviously pushed the prices sky high, the additional 800-900 sketch from the second edition means that even nice color sketches can be purchased at a reasonable price. I hope the new sets (like Hammer and 2000AD) will have a better ratio of sketches for there first waves, then the prices should stabilize quickly.

Your right about some of the prices though, I cant see many of them selling above the £110 mark unless they are very special indeed. Before the second edition even some of the worst sketches could fetch £50+. From a collectors standpoint these price drops are great.

What bugs me is the devaluation of the basic sets many other dealers seem happy to promote. 1 set in a box 999 boxes means probably less than 1500 sets in total and you can grab one for less than £5.00 it's daft.

Picture of Alex Krycek
posted Hide Post
The F12 chase cards the thing that really bugs me .

Lucky I had one F12 from the original release spare so Ill be able to sell the whole one chase set .

So now what am I meant to do with the 100 spare chase cards I have ? Suppose my bedroom does need redecoration .

Posts: 56 | Location: Sunny Scotland | Registered: August 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
I've always been fascinated by the actual mechanics of collating and packing boxes, and I'm intrigued as to how F12 WASN'T included in the boxes...surely they weren't physically removed from the packing process, and I always thought that the foils were printed in sheets with all the different numbers on it (I have seen SI sell a few uncut ones)...so how can it actually happen??? Confused

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
As this wasn't a new release all the base cards had to be re-printed in monochrome from the original image collection. I would think that when the print run was determined then card F12 was deliberately omitted when the annual cover cards were re-done.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
So....if the F12 foil card and the Peter Davison auto were not included in the Monochrome set, then we can take it that a Master Set of Monochrome can exclude these 2 cards, yes?

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I would say no as you can get an F12 from elsewhere to complete your set.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I would say no as you can get an F12 from elsewhere to complete your set.

Ah, but not from the Monochrome set itself, so I say yes!

Picture of Alex Krycek
posted Hide Post
I do and dont agree with it not being a master set .

Yes it means f12 and the auto arent part of the monochrome set but I would aslo say no as the monochrome was a rerelease of the trilogy set .