Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dr. Who & CSI - Strictly Ink
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 35
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr. Who & CSI - Strictly Ink
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dis68:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
I'd make them re-deliver to you then as it's their fault for being USELESS

After getting through to a supervisor and telling them of a witness who saw the driver make no attempt to deliver *anything* this morning then yes they are to make another delivery attempt tomorrow at my wife's place of work. I'll believe it when they do turn up...

That is good news

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
Barrie assures me that my case was despatched a week ago - last Tuesday - but I've had no attempted deliveries at all yet by UPS Frown

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Hi everybody,
I've been following this discussion board since being assigned to drawing for the Strictly Ink sketch cards. I just thought I'd say hello. Also wanted to say I'm very pleased to have been chosen to work on the sketch cards for Dr Who and New Avengers, thank you Barrie. I'm doing a second lot of New Avengers sketch cards right now, also some CSI sketch cards. And look at the company I was in! Cynthia, RAM, Warren, Walter Howarth, Amy Pronovost, Kevin Graham, Sarah Wilkinson and more yet to come, heroes all. I think their artwork is fantastic, check out their websites.

Nick

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
That is good news

Better news is that they did deliver a biggish box from Cards Inc to my wife within the last 1 hour so I know what I'll be doing this evening

He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of Time and he can see the turn of the Universe.
And...
He's WONDERFUL.

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Welcome NIK and many many thanks for the Second Doctor A4 sketch that I bought from you/Strictly Ink and the extra sketch too :-)

And...
He's WONDERFUL.

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
quote:
dis68
Silver Card Talk Member
Posted November 28, 2006 08:53 AM Hide Post
Welcome NIK and many many thanks for the Second Doctor A4 sketch that I bought from you/Strictly Ink and the extra sketch too :-)

Thanks for the welcome Dis. And thanks for purchasing that Dr Who painting. Something I forgot to mention to you - I normally paint with oils, sometimes Acrylics, the painting you bought was done with Gouache which is like a thick water colour type of thing, so please be careful about touching it with wet fingers or anything like that as it may smudge. It'll be nice and safe if you put it under glass.

Nick.

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
Case received safely last thing yesterday. Clap I will post case breakdown asap.

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Slight problem with the scanner but otherwise the 2 sketches from the Dr Who case yielded a NIK Omega Wave and a Warren Martineck 7th Doctor by the TARDIS Wave

On the other hand the New Avengers case also yielded 2 sketches - a NIK Steed Wave and a sketch redemption

And...
He's WONDERFUL.

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dis68:
Slight problem with the scanner but otherwise the 2 sketches from the Dr Who case yielded a NIK Omega Wave and a Warren Martineck 7th Doctor by the TARDIS Wave

well done on pulling the martineck dis68

Posts: 157 | Location: ENGLAND | Registered: February 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone,
I just want to say how much fun it was to work on these cards. Another great sketch experience! I only vaguely recall seeing Doctor Who in reruns back in the 80's, and it didn't quite grab me, but now, I'm completely intrigued! The characters are a riot! And of course, CSI was exciting to draw too. I just wish I could've found more screen caps highlighting the gorier guts of the show, or had time to put my own creative bent on things, but I did mind the requests of many of you and drew plenty of Grissoms! And Avengers, well, any chap with an umbrella and bowlers hat is a character worth a scribble or two in my opinion! Ok, I don't normally ramble on like this, so I'll just show a few of my favorite sketches from all 3 sets. Happy Collecting, everyone! And thanks to Barrie for asking me to be a part of this!

Cynthia

Posts: 254 | Location: Chicago | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I like that one on the top right Smile .

I wonder if Barrie is taking requests for the redemption cards Big Grin .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
The Dr Who ones are excellent; I particularly like Romana on the left, which is a terrific portrait Luv You

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Great sketches Cynthia, love the delicate pencil work. Bottom left is my favourite too.
Nick.

posted Hide Post
Thank you, Nik. You did some great looking sketches as well! Those Daleks are especially impressive in my opinionSmile

Posts: 254 | Location: Chicago | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow there are some fabulous scetches doing the rounds Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Cynthia! Keep up the good work Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is the NIK Omega Wave

and this the Warren 7th Doctor by the TARDIS Wave

And...
He's WONDERFUL.

posted Hide Post
Hello I wanted to say what a wonderful first experience I had drawing these cards. I only drew for the CSI series, but here's a sample of a few. Thanks for viewing! Smile
Cindy

Posts: 13 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CKendrick:
I only drew for the CSI series, but here's a sample of a few. Thanks for viewing! Smile
Cindy

Hello and welcome Cindy Wave

Those are great sketches and your Greg sketch is especially welcome as there do not appear to be many sketches of him on the Strictly Ink site

And...
He's WONDERFUL.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Cindy

Welcome Wave Nice sketches

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post