Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dr. Who & CSI - Strictly Ink
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr. Who & CSI - Strictly Ink
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Horseshoe:
Does anyone know how many sketch cards each artist has done?

Dave.

I did approximately 100 Doctor Who, 30 CSI, and 30 New Avengers.

Chris H

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue Horseshoe
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ingrid Hardy has confirmed 50 sketches for Doctor Who.

Dave.

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cardz_house:
Have to say that the sketches in the box breakdown thread was fantastic. Very nice indeed!!!

How does the binders look like?

Binder:

Boxes:

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
quote:

Dave.

Chris Achilleos did 35: I don't think he did any new ones for the 2nd edition, unless anyone knows otherwise?

Rich Molinelli did 20 for the 1st release, but there are clearly more for the 2nd release.

Nik Neocleous says he's done "over 350" (an amazing feat Thumb Up): he told me this as I recently acquired from him the very first one he did - which was also his only pencil sketch!

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
I think Driscoll only did 5 as sample that where then used for redemptions. Amy Pronovost did 30.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nik Neocleous says he's done "over 350" (an amazing feat Thumb Up): he told me this as I recently acquired from him the very first one he did - which was also his only pencil sketch![/QUOTE]

Eek is that 350 spread over both the first and second releases?

Based on 960 total boxes for the second series and an average of 10 sketches per 12 box case as well as there being a number of redemption cards there are only about 700-750 total sketches inserted in the boxes.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
I assume its over both releases; 350 was the figure that Nik himself told me. He's clearly the most prolific of the sketch artists for the Who series, and I really respect the fact that he has maintained such a high standard throughout his work on the 2 series for Strictly Ink Clap

Here's the card I acquired which Nik has subsequently told me was his first ever SI Who Sketch card. It's also the only one he has ever done in pencil:

I was also lucky enough to get the first commission Who sketch from Nik that he ever did, and its a card of which he is still justifiably proud:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dalekfan,

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The one of the Master is very good. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was also lucky enough to get the first commission Who sketch from Nik that he ever did, and its a card of which he is still justifiably proud:

Did NIK do this on his own cards? It's gorgeous!

Rabid Horse Art - www.rabidhorse.com

Art Updates - www.rabidhorse.com/artblog

Posts: 390 | Location: East of Montreal, Canada | Registered: October 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know how many sketch cards Carolyn Edwards done? She did some fantastic sketches in my case. Will post up pics of my case breaks later and have to say that I am very very happy with them.

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dalekfan:

Here's the card I acquired which Nik has subsequently told me was his first ever SI Who Sketch card. It's also the only one he has ever done in pencil:

The only reason you got that sketch (It came from me) is because we received this one:

I had no idea it was his only pencil sketch, I would have kept it and put the two together as they would have made an ideal pair. Still I am pleased it went to a good home, we held that card in our collection for a long time and parting with it was not an easy call!

Jason

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
Hey all I did this as a breakdown:

1st release - 50 cards in total

This realease - 75 total Smile

I hope you guys enjoy the ones for this release as I think they came out much better because I was able to learn the card stock! And can't wait for Big Screen where I am only doing a limited 50 cards Smile

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
I've seen some of Ram's new cards, they're great. Thanks Ingrid (Jedipencil) for your comment back there!
I just wanted to point out that when I saw the Master pencil sketch sell I messaged the winner (Dalekfan) to tell him that it was the first card I ever drew and it was the only Dr Who pencilled sketch by me. I neglected to mention I wasn't the seller, I was just getting in touch with some extra info for him. So just for a short time there Dalekfan thought he had purchased it from me when in fact it was from SciFiPlanet. My fault for confusing him.

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
I'm sat here looking at three of his new cards now and they are very nice indeed!

The Master sketch was a particularly nice one of yours but we have the color one now along with two of your full color Tom Bakers none of which I will part with. Considering the quantity of cards you produced for the set the quality never seems to dip! I've got one of your cards which I think is Romana but I'm not sure. Here are 9 of the new cards we received.

Jason

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sci-FiPlanet,

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Nice cards. I think all the artists did a great job on this set. And thanks for the comments on my cards, I did so many because I really enjoyed the subject matter, I grew up watching most of the Doctor's. You mentioned a card that might be Romana, I did just 3 cards with her on so if it's one of these three then it's her.

Romana and the 4th Doctor. Romana trying on the Doctor's hat and coat and Romana with some kind of machinery attached to her head..... or maybe it's discrete 1970's headphones!

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NIK:
Nice cards. I think all the artists did a great job on this set. And thanks for the comments on my cards, I did so many because I really enjoyed the subject matter, I grew up watching most of the Doctor's. You mentioned a card that might be Romana, I did just 3 cards with her on so if it's one of these three then it's her.

Romana and the 4th Doctor. Romana trying on the Doctor's hat and coat and Romana with some kind of machinery attached to her head..... or maybe it's discrete 1970's headphones!

Hi NIK

I managed to pull both your Romana Colour sketches from my case. Just very lucky I guess.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Got mine today - box 007. Does anyone know whether the sketches are a topper or within the packs? Confused

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Steve

Mine were in a packet on the bottom of the box (inside) containing only sketch and autograph. So much thinner than the regular packs.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Hi Treksearcher

Got it. Unfortunately I can't comment on the sketch - just got a costume card. You pays your money your takes your choice.

As for the year box - I don't think I will be bothering! Twak I'll be keeping my money for DC Legacy.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex Krycek
posted Hide Post
I have a similar card to you scifi planet

Posts: 56 | Location: Sunny Scotland | Registered: August 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post