Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dr. Who & CSI - Strictly Ink
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 35
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr. Who & CSI - Strictly Ink
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Just to clarify, the Yearbook is 250 boxes not cases.

I'm guessing you knew this, but just making sure others do too.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ah well the draw for the paintings has now taken place and the results are now on Strictly Ink's homepage

But since I don't live in Stevenage or Rhode Island, USA I didn't win but congratulations to those who did win Thumb Up

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dis68:
Ah well the draw for the paintings has now taken place and the results are now on Strictly Ink's homepage

But since I don't live in Stevenage or Rhode Island, USA I didn't win but congratulations to those who did win Thumb Up

I patiently waited for my name to be announced, but it didn't happen. Perhaps Barrie lost my entries Big Grin.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well I got an email from Barrie today and it now looks like

The Dr Who Trilogy 2nd edition - Monochrome
1 auto per box plus 1 sketch or costume card per box plus 1 set of cards per box ( 8-10 sketch cards per case / total of 80 cases ) - that is out next week

1 of the CSI ( NY or Miami ) is released on Sept 17th

The Yearbook 2006 Collection on Sept 24th

and the other CSI on Oct 8th

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes I got the same message.Relieved that there is a gap between the CSI releases.Would have put a real strain on my cradit card otherwise Smile .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
Its wonderful to finally have a Who release with such a good ratio of sketch cards. Clap

I have long envied the Star Wars etc fans who get 1 sketch per box!!!! I had to start Who trading card collecting with 1 AUTO per case with Cornerstone in 1994. Shake Head

Times have changed for the better indeed. Thanks for a great release, Barrie and co. Thumb Up

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Barrie just sent me an e-mail inviting me to order the very limited Dr Who Trilogy cases and I ordered a case!! Elephant

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I've just sent Elisabeth an e-mail about this, hopefully I'll hear something positive.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
With 9 to 10 sketches per case this release will have at least 720 new sketches. This is about the same amount of sketches as the last set. With some of the best from the last and lots of new ones. Should be great and i can't wait. Clap

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
I've just sent Elisabeth an e-mail about this, hopefully I'll hear something positive.

-Bob-

Hope it got there in time...I rang Barrie at just after 1pm to order my case and he was saying it looked like it would sell out by the end of the day

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Yes, Barrie also mentioned that the response is very very good and as its just 80 cases, supplies are depleted very fast. In addition to the 12 boxes per case, there are also 6 binders included inside the case. Have to say that its really good value for money even though it cost me quite a bit of money to ship to me.

The sketches shown on the website for this set is just amazing!!!!!

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dis68:
quote:

-Bob-

Hope it got there in time...I rang Barrie at just after 1pm to order my case and he was saying it looked like it would sell out by the end of the day

I actually got an e-mail from Barrie fairly quickly, but after reading the last couple of posts I'm guessing I might be able to get a box, as in ONE box.

Even though I'm kind of upset I really don't know why. I don't know if I could afford to buy a case (as they're something like $700-800 usually) but the fact that I probably won't even get the chance sticks in my craw. Maybe because I have no idea how SI is portioning these out and I feel somehow cheated?

One way or the other I'll grow the heck up and learn to live with it. Maybe I'll get a super sweet Chris Achilleos sketch in my box. Then all will be forgiven.

My birthday is next month, Barrie, if you're reading this. Keep that in mind when you pick my box! Smile

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:

I actually got an e-mail from Barrie fairly quickly, but after reading the last couple of posts I'm guessing I might be able to get a box, as in ONE box.

Even though I'm kind of upset I really don't know why. I don't know if I could afford to buy a case (as they're something like $700-800 usually) but the fact that I probably won't even get the chance sticks in my craw. Maybe because I have no idea how SI is portioning these out and I feel somehow cheated?

One way or the other I'll grow the heck up and learn to live with it. Maybe I'll get a super sweet Chris Achilleos sketch in my box. Then all will be forgiven.

My birthday is next month, Barrie, if you're reading this. Keep that in mind when you pick my box! Smile

-Bob-

It's a limited release of 80 cases and SI are offering it to regular customers first i.e. those who buy cases from SI. It is only right that they are offered to people who support SI and then if any are left others can get in

Posts: 12159 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
The sketches do look fantastic.

I know that many artists have drawn new (fantastic) stuff for this release, and there appear to be some sketches "left over" from the previous release - eg the Chris Achilleos sketches are amongst the ones illustrated for the Trilogy set.

Perhaps some were held over from that, in which case the overall total number of sketches for the 2 releases won't be quite as high as we may think?

Am I making sense??? Confused

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
I haven't heard anything yet, although I must have signed on twice and sent emails also. Frown

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
It's a limited release of 80 cases and SI are offering it to regular customers first i.e. those who buy cases from SI. It is only right that they are offered to people who support SI and then if any are left others can get in

Believe me, I understand that and I was hoping that the tone of my post indicated that even though I was a bit cranky I also knew I was being irrational. As it is, with the passage of a day I'm much less irritated (but probably still just as irrational).

Also let it be known that I've spent a fair bit of money with Barrie in one way or another since 2001.

-Bob-

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
News is that the cases will start shipping off to the customers on monday.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cardz_house:
In addition to the 12 boxes per case, there are also 6 binders included inside the case.

Hmm that is what it says on the PDF about the release but in the email Barrie stated 80 cases made and 300 Binders made so I think it is just 1 binder per case as standard ?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
I did confirm with Barrie that each case will contain 6 free binders and he said yes. However, the figures don't add up as 80 cases with 6 binders each will result in 480 binders. But the PDF advert says only 300 binders. One can only assume that in actual fact, 2 different binders were created. 1 for the case offer and 1 for direct retail. And of course, I could be wrong here......

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
So this offer was only for people who ordered online before with you, ok. Now I understand why I didn't get an email. I always buy them on Ebay.

Will this be the same for the yearbox boxes, because I'm really interested in them and there are just a few.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post