Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dr. Who & CSI - Strictly Ink
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 35
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr. Who & CSI - Strictly Ink
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
"DR WHO TRILOGY - rare SKETCH CARD - BY NIK THE MASTER"

I just saw this listing for a Dr Who sketch card. Is there something you aren't telling us Nik?

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
LOL, I had to do a search to find it to look at. I think he just forgot to put a comma in there before 'The Master'. Besides there is only one 'Master' and he's already on these boards somewhere.

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nik The Master..... that's quite catchy Wink
Just kidding
Btw great sketches Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
I've done 50 sketch cards for Strictly Ink to be used for redemptions. I did 25 Dr Who, 13 CSI, and 12 New Avengers. I'm not going to post all of them but here are a few of my favorites

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great Sketches, thanks for shareing Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
Joanne Lumley was a lot harder to sketch than I thought she would be.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Still that's a cracking Sketch card Smile

KADRAN00157

posted Hide Post
Those are really nice, Chris!

Posts: 254 | Location: Chicago | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man, those are awesome sketches Chris! I really had to get used to the Strictly Ink card stock - Great job! Thumb Up
- Rowena

http://www.ieatkrayons.blogspot.com

Posts: 14 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kid_render:
Man, those are awesome sketches Chris! I really had to get used to the Strictly Ink card stock - Great job! Thumb Up
- Rowena

Thanks! I cheated. I was struggling with the surface on their cards. It's great for pen & ink but not very good for pencil. I ended up getting some 220 sandpaper and sanding off the smooth surface. I also used a black Prismacolor pencil instead of graphite to get better contrast.

posted Hide Post
I used HB pencils but I really wanted to do more with ink. That surface was just too slick. Didn't even think about trying colored pencils, though. I thought it would slide right off.

Posts: 254 | Location: Chicago | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
I ended up getting some 220 sandpaper and sanding off the smooth surface

Chris: Didn't think about doing that. That's probably quite time consuming, but whatever gets the job done, I say go for it.

quote:
I used HB pencils but I really wanted to do more with ink. That surface was just too slick.

Cynthia: Ditto with the HB pencils. Actually I took one of the cards and experimented on what works best on that surface. I inked with Micron Pens, didn't have too much problem there. I even did a bunch with Prismacolor markers. I kinda just did everything in reverse so it wouldn't smudge. I'll post some here soon.

http://www.ieatkrayons.blogspot.com

Posts: 14 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Great sketches

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisahend:
Joanne Lumley was a lot harder to sketch than I thought she would be.

From the sketches i have seen everyone is having trouble with this subject.

I hope i did not just insult your sketch. Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Fantastic sketches Chris!

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice work as always. Like it said, coated stock is a ***** to work on. By my the 10th card i was starting to get the hang of working with no margin for error. I had to work light with 2h tech pencil leads until i got a decent likeness
and then fill in the greyscale. Plus you can't put highlights on the hair with an eraser, or clean up the eyes.

Evan
Studio-Hades

Evan
Studio-Hades
http://www.studio-hades.com

Posts: 559 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
just a quick note to confirm that Chris's cards are among the cards now being shipped along with Nick N & Chris A. at this time, they are all awesome and we could not have been happier to have these great guys on board! Barrie

Posts: 170 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Barrie Roness:
Chris's cards are among the cards now being shipped along with Nick N & Chris A. at this time

More great news Barrie...any chance of an updated list of the Who artists onsite pretty please Wavey Cool

He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of Time and he can see the turn of the Universe.
And...
He's WONDERFUL.

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
After 6 weeks wait my redemption sketch cards arrive and well worth every second of the wait. I thought I would post them to let everyone see these brilliant sketctes. The Tom Hodges Master look star wars: clone wars in style. The Chris Achilleos is a brilliant grumpy looking 1st Dr. Thanks to Barrie for theses great card.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Great sketches.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post