Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Dr. Who & CSI - Strictly Ink
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 35
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr. Who & CSI - Strictly Ink
 Login/Join

Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
Kewl Cat !!! Thumb Up

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
I too am doing more than expected so you can pass some of the blame to me also!

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
More RAM as well !! Looks like I may have to up my order Thumb Up Smile

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gatodama:
working as fast as my little fingers can... Wink

Do you think these are going to be issued in two waves, with no chance of a Cat Staggs in Wave 1 (ie for those who preordered) or is Barrie going to hold on?

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you think these are going to be issued in two waves, with no chance of a Cat Staggs in Wave 1 (ie for those who preordered) or is Barrie going to hold on?

I seem to remember these were close to a sell out in October so I hope a dual wave is not going to happen although perhaps some might be held back for the film updates next year ?

Better still would be a Cat or Ram case topper ?

He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of Time and he can see the turn of the Universe.
And...
He's WONDERFUL.

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Can't see how some of these cards will get into packs if they are shipping soon

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

I think it depends on which sets the sketches are for.The artists may have already sent in their cards for Doctor Who and New Avengers and the ones they are working on are for CSI 3.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

I think it depends on which sets the sketches are for.The artists may have already sent in their cards for Doctor Who and New Avengers and the ones they are working on are for CSI 3.

True, good point well made and potentially correct Big Grin

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of red99
posted Hide Post
theres loads of products out in the next month Eek

Posts: 180 | Location: UK | Registered: April 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Doctor Who & New Avengers must be shipping. There was an appropriate charge against my CC yesterday.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
Doctor Who & New Avengers must be shipping. There was an appropriate charge against my CC yesterday.

or "inappropriate" as the case may be Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Doh! I guess I could have done more sketches then. Oh well Big Grin

Next time!

Posts: 138 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There was a post on the Strictly Ink message board from someone who had contacted Barrie and had been told they were starting shipping Wednesday 22nd November.

The last time I contacted Barrie myself he said he would e-mail me as soon as my case was on the way.No message yet but as soon as I get one I will post here Wavey .

The wait may soon be over Smile .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
While we all wait for our boxes I have a Dr Who question for Whovians.

Watching the re-runs I notice the Jon Pertwee era has some episodes in colour while others are in black in white. However it seems to be random. For example Sarah Janes first episode is in colour as is Jon Pertwees first appearence. But then later ones are in b&w as well. How can this be ?

I would expect older episodes to be in b&w not later ones ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The BBC destroyed the originals which were in colour and in some cases what has been saved or recovered from overseas broadcasts is only in black and white.

At least all of Pertwees episodes exist.There are many gaps in the Hartnell and Troughton years.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
Dr. Who is a Timelord and occasionally travels to the past or future. During these adventures they use whatever recording equipment is available to document his adventures. Even though some black and white episodes come later in his chronology they are actually episodes where he was in the past or future. While he was in the past his adventures had to documented with black and white film since it was the only thing available. His adventures that took place while in the future were actually recorded in a digital high definition 3-D process that was available at the time. We just don't have the technology to take advantage of it yet and the images show up as black and white on our technologically inferior broadcasting equipment.

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
Really though in the early 70s colour technology was still somewhat new in the UK and there were occasionally some issues between producers and unions which led to having to resort to temporarily returning to filming in B&W while disputes were resolved. It is also possible that the color masters were damaged or destroyed. I believe the BBC destroyed some color masters and they had to use 16mm black and white film that was shot for overseas didtribution.

Chris H

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chrisahend,

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisahend:
Dr. Who is a Timelord and occasionally travels to the past or future. During these adventures they use whatever recording equipment is available to document his adventures. Even though some black and white episodes come later in his chronology they are actually episodes where he was in the past or future. While he was in the past his adventures had to documented with black and white film since it was the only thing available. His adventures that took place while in the future were actually recorded in a digital high definition 3-D process that was available at the time. We just don't have the technology to take advantage of it yet and the images show up as black and white on our technologically inferior broadcasting equipment.

hehe funny & good Wink

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardster:
While we all wait for our boxes I have a Dr Who question for Whovians.

Watching the re-runs I notice the Jon Pertwee era has some episodes in colour while others are in black in white. However it seems to be random. For example Sarah Janes first episode is in colour as is Jon Pertwees first appearence. But then later ones are in b&w as well. How can this be ?

I would expect older episodes to be in b&w not later ones ?

Check out the articles and information section on the Doctor Who restoration teams website for a very full and complete explanation.
http://www.restoration-team.co.uk/

http://www.restoration-team.co.uk/

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ah well Barrie sent me my invoice today for both New Avengers and Doctor Who Trilogy so this may be the week...now will they arrive before Memorabilia Smile

He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of Time and he can see the turn of the Universe.
And...
He's WONDERFUL.

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post