Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    CZX® MIDDLE-EARTH
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZX® MIDDLE-EARTH
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cardz_house:
The set will be nice but the auto listing can never be compared to the original topps release......

There's also no way the autographs are going to be worth the box price when you only get one per box.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
1000% agree with you! There will be lots of filler autos esp from the hobbit series and the value from the hobbit trilogy does not even come close to the original trilogy set....

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
The product page doesn't have any autograph cards pictured yet, but Cryptozoic's home page does. I see Ian McKellen, Viggo Mortensen and a couple other ones.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
That's Evangeline Lilly and pretty sure its Miranda Otto on the dual. The other signer looks familiar but can't place him quickly. Doesn't look like Crypto intends to do anything to pump up this product. Maybe its so short printed, it sells itself. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
That's Evangeline Lilly and pretty sure its Miranda Otto on the dual. The other signer looks familiar but can't place him quickly. Doesn't look like Crypto intends to do anything to pump up this product. Maybe its so short printed, it sells itself. Roll Eyes

That's a very poor example of Bernard Hill.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Said image, in case anyone was wondering/hasn't gone looking.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Release was supposed to be Q3/2022 and that ends tomorrow. Is there any news about the issue at the dealers?

Posts: 6 | Location: Germany | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I just checked with my LHS and they do have an order in for it, but have absolutely no idea when it will show up.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just checked with my LHS and they do have an order in for it, but have absolutely no idea when it will show up.

We ran out of "September" so now GTS lists it as "October". They don't have a category for "We Have No Idea".

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
Just had an email newsletter from CZE the Middle-Earth set is released on 19 October. They list 25 autograph signers, but no indication if that is all of them or not.
There's a nice dual of Viggo and Ian McKellen.
It's not showing on their website but in the email.

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
https://cryptozoic.com/blogs/a...-earth-press-release

One signer of interest. Pretty happy with that.

Ian McKellen as Gandalf
Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn
Orlando Bloom as Legolas
Peter Jackson, Director/Writer/Producer
John Rhys-Davies as Gimli, Treebeard
Dominic Monaghan as Merry
Billy Boyd as Pippin
Liv Tyler as Arwen
Evangeline Lilly as Tauriel
Miranda Otto as Éowyn
Manu Bennett as Azog
Bernard Hill as Théoden
William Kircher as Bifur, Tom the Troll
Jed Brophy as Nori, Sharku
Sylvester McCoy as Radagast
Lawrence Makoare as the Witch-king of Angmar,Gothmog, Lurtz
John Callen as Óin
Mark Hadlow as Dori, Bert the Troll
Peter Hambleton as Glóin, William the Troll
Fran Walsh, Producer/Writer
Philippa Boyens, Writer
Sarah McLeod as Rosie Cotton
Bruce Hopkins as Gamling
Stephen Hunter as Bombur
Craig Parker as Haldir

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ravenheart,

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I think the auto checklist is a pretty good representation, at least of LotR. I do wonder what happened to Elijah Wood and Sean Astin though. Astin in particular seems to have been a reliable signer.

Not really all that familiar with The Hobbit, but Martin Freeman and Lee Pace aren't mentioned.

No doubt about it the repeat I wanted, and looks like I didn't get, was Blanchett. I can understand it I guess, but I would have chased that one down. Wink

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Oh, no Sean Bean either. He's been pretty reliable too.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, no Sean Bean either. He's been pretty reliable too.

No Andy Serkis either who seems to sign for just about everything.

In the end just another over priced Cryptozoic set with very little that I am looking for.

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I find it both funny and sad that posters on Blowout are already talking about Middle-Earth Part 2. Has it come to that? A product isn't even released yet and what's not in it is expected in the next one? I hope this is not the case, because then absence is intentional.

These boxes are rumored to retail in the $400 - $500 range per box. That's not a cheap hook to get you in. Everything and everybody should be in the packs, not that half is being held back. If first line card buyers actually believe that they are being manipulated like that, why are they going along with it?

I know, they want to make money on flipping the big hits. But you have to find the hits and then you have to find the second-round buyers before you can even cover your investment. Finding the hits is the harder part these days. The checklist has a lot of pork in it and you know that the common names signed the most cards. If you are unconnected and unlucky, you can go broke trying to resell product like this.

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I am in a couple of Facebook card groups and now the space between “collectors” and flip/investors is so why, stuff that I think is worthless people want 1000’a for. This product is for the flippers.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The sports card guys have taken over parts of our hobby and turned it in to their hobby.

One guy was saying he sold a card out of Metal Spider-Man for $40,000 on COMC. Historically that is unheard of.

I feel like I was seeing some of those very high (although no where near that degree) numbers on the last CZX release.

It will be interesting to see how this release does. I don't feel like LOTR has the draw that Marvel/Star Wars/GPK do, and there really isn't anything new in this release.

As for the speculators. . . I don't think they'll stick around for long. Despite the high prices for specific cards pricing for many Marvel cards I've followed is significantly down. Inflation and the economy are bound to take their toll. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Kinda feel like I am in the housing market just before 2008.

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
No Andy Serkis either who seems to sign for just about everything.

Not so surprised about him. He's a bigger name now than he was then.

The most surprising absentee by far is Manu Bennett.

posted Hide Post
I understand that Cryptozoic has replied to an email that the complete artist and autograph lists have not been published, so who really knows what is in these cases?

quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
Just had an email newsletter from CZE the Middle-Earth set is released on 19 October. They list 25 autograph signers, but no indication if that is all of them or not.
There's a nice dual of Viggo and Ian McKellen.
It's not showing on their website but in the email.

Posts: 40 | Location: The other side..... | Registered: January 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post