Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    CZX® MIDDLE-EARTH
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZX® MIDDLE-EARTH
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
I know Bloom is a redemption.

That's bad. Bloom would be one of your more desirable signers. Let me caution everyone if you don't know this already. Do not buy any redemption card individually from anyone prior to knowing that the actual autograph card is being sent out. If you miss the card, you miss it. Better than getting stuck waiting and . . .

You wind up spending a good deal of money on Bloom, only to find the card not issued and be offered a redemption replacement that you don't want. Even if you are offered a cheaper redemption, if its prior to distributing, you are taking the risk if it doesn't get released.

I would say Bloom is THE top signer in the set. Cryptozoic has had very few redemptions over the years, mostly for oversized stuff that won't fit into packs, but I feel like they have a good track record with fulfilling them, even well after any stated expiration dates.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Stated expiration date seems to be the middle of 2024, so plenty of time.

Also, I feel very confident in saying the signatures on the Bloom cards will be cr*p. For what they'll cost, everyone would be much better off finding a Topps card. There are still plenty around, for what's likely to be the same-ish money, and they'll be MUCH better autographs, I'm sure of it.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
I would say Bloom is THE top signer in the set. Cryptozoic has had very few redemptions over the years, mostly for oversized stuff that won't fit into packs, but I feel like they have a good track record with fulfilling them, even well after any stated expiration dates.

I'm not saying they won't be fulfilled eventually, but you have to wait and hope if you have pulled one of his redemptions out of the box.

I'm saying if you want to buy the card, wait for the card to be released by Cypto. Know that the redemption is being fulfilled before you buy your way onto a list. Don't buy a redemption card from someone else and send it in yourself. Wait for that someone else to redeem the card themselves and then buy the signed card. It might cost more, but it takes the risk out of never getting the Bloom card.

BTW, its all his cards I think, the duals or triples included. So for as long as this set has taken to show up, the fact that Bloom didn't get packed out must mean that they have already waited a long time for him to return them.

I got stuck buying a redemption card once that couldn't be fulfilled for anything I wanted, and I was mad as hell because it was expensive. It's bad enough if you pull one, don't buy a redemption prior to knowing that the maker has it in hand. That's just my own advice.

And if it expires, it's dangerous to assume it will still be honored. That's unfortunately what happened with Inkworks.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
Stated expiration date seems to be the middle of 2024, so plenty of time.

Also, I feel very confident in saying the signatures on the Bloom cards will be cr*p. For what they'll cost, everyone would be much better off finding a Topps card. There are still plenty around, for what's likely to be the same-ish money, and they'll be MUCH better autographs, I'm sure of it.

Exactly this! I bought one from the LOTR TTT set a few years back for only £50. It was during one of Bloom's (many!) low popularity points, but worked well for adding to my LOTR collection, without paying the usual high prices, which I would never have done for his card otherwise. Smile

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So it turns out there is also a generic autograph redemption card in this, numbered "R01", which doesn't specify who you get. It just says "one of the stars of The Lord of The Rings and/or The Hobbit Trilogies."

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
So it turns out there is also a generic autograph redemption card in this, numbered "R01", which doesn't specify who you get. It just says "one of the stars of The Lord of The Rings and/or The Hobbit Trilogies."

What? Well, that's a new one on me. Why not just put in blank slips for autograph cards TBD later? Big Grin

This is probably the most expensive boxes Crypto has released so far. They can't say what will be in it when it's already on the street? No, that's unacceptable. Tell me I'm wrong. Razz

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
What? Well, that's a new one on me. Why not just put in blank slips for autograph cards TBD later? Big Grin

This is probably the most expensive boxes Crypto has released so far. They can't say what will be in it when it's already on the street? No, that's unacceptable. Tell me I'm wrong. Razz

Yeah... My guess is it's so they can send you either Sarah McLeod or Bruce Hopkins, as those two clearly haven't returned yet either, and I've seen no specific redemption card for them. They probably don't understand/care that one of those is SIGNIFICANTLY more desirable than the other.

Even the Orlando Bloom one, you don't actually know which of his six different cards you're going to get; the redemption card is all-purpose. No doubt covering themselves in case he doesn't return all of them.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well for those purists these two redemption cards have added at least another four to collect with possibly more depending on whether or not Cryptozoic return the card when redeemed. I will let you do the maths!

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah... My guess is it's so they can send you either Sarah McLeod or Bruce Hopkins, as those two clearly haven't returned yet either, and I've seen no specific redemption card for them. They probably don't understand/care that one of those is SIGNIFICANTLY more desirable than the other.

Right, just this, but card makers certainly do understand aftermarket value. They just aren't legally bound to make you whole if that expensive card you pulled just never comes back to them.

As long as they provide a "like" replacement they can't be accused of not honoring whatever guarantee they formally made for the product. If a specific certified autograph card can't be obtained, they can replace with any "like" certified autograph in that same group.

Now to be fair, I do think a good card manufacturer tries to provide similar market value, because they really don't want bad word of mouth. Sometimes they can't, or sometimes the customer just wants the item and even equal value falls short. If you are replaced with something you already have or don't want, there is nothing you can do about it.

Grouping Bloom, McLeod and Hopkins together, if that's what they did, is a very unequal choice of signers.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Grouping Bloom, McLeod and Hopkins together, if that's what they did, is a very unequal choice of signers.

I don't think Bloom is grouped with those two. His redemption card is specific to him. It just doesn't tell you which of OB-L1 to OB-L6 you're getting (which I suspect is another reason why they've left the rarity numberings off the checklist, as well as potentially not knowing how many intact cards they're going to get back).

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
That's from a post on Blowout. Says RO1 could be any of the three, but of course that could also be wrong info. Since the card isn't specific, technically it could be redeemed by any of the signed cards.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
R-01 redeemed for Orlando Bloom, Sarah McLeod, or Bruce Hopkins Autograph Card - From the Checklist on Cryptozoic web-site

Full List from Site
REDEMPTION CARDS
R-OB redeemed for Orlando Bloom Single Autograph Card or Orlando Bloom Autograph-Sketch Card
R-01 redeemed for Orlando Bloom, Sarah McLeod, or Bruce Hopkins Autograph Card
R-02 redeemed for random Dual Autograph Card that includes Orlando Bloom
R-03 redeemed for Triple Autograph Card (VOJ)
R-04 redeemed for Quadruple Autograph Card (VOJI

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
R-OB redeemed for Orlando Bloom Single Autograph Card or Orlando Bloom Autograph-Sketch Card
R-01 redeemed for Orlando Bloom, Sarah McLeod, or Bruce Hopkins Autograph Card

That's a really weird thing to do.

Looks like they added the redemption cards to the checklist at the same time they removed the original print run numbers from the redemption autographs. Must have been a last minute thing.