Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    CZX® MIDDLE-EARTH
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZX® MIDDLE-EARTH
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Checklist is up: https://www.beckett.com/news/c...earth-trading-cards/

Cryptozoic did note that there are more Dual Autographs and some Triple Autographs that are still TBA.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Interestingly, the checklist lists only promos P1 to P5, but they definitely go up to P7.

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
No big reveals on the autograph checklist that weren't already released. Noticed that they didn't give the number of copies on Bloom's cards and he's the only one without a range.

I wouldn't mind any Viggo dual and the Jackson, but it's going to be tough to make value without an outstanding sketch and a decent signature. Catch a common signer and an average sketch and you're deep in the red. But that is what the formula is these days, and it just keeps doubling down.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Keith Dennis had a nice display of some of these cards at the Cryptozoic table today at the Philly Show. A Middle Earth promo was also given out. Set releases this Wednesday.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
This set looked gorgeous in the display. The sketches Keith had displayed were top notch. I think this set is going to be a winner.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Keith Dennis had a nice display of some of these cards at the Cryptozoic table today at the Philly Show. A Middle Earth promo was also given out. Set releases this Wednesday.

Was it a new promo card?

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Silver Star:
I understand that Cryptozoic has replied to an email that the complete artist and autograph lists have not been published, so who really knows what is in these cases?

We all do. The answer is: less than the value of the cases.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gregore
posted Hide Post
OK......it's the 19th - been to the site several times......did it sell out or not released ?

Posts: 89 | Location: Earth - I'm told | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Your best bet would be to check with one of their listed retailers for product. It's limited and really pricey boxes. I rather doubt that they have anything not already allocated to someone, but they don't say sold out yet either. Maybe they just won't say it. It was released.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Based on the ridiculously priced autograph and art cards on EBAY I would say they are out. At $550 a box some of the art cards would be a major disappointment to pull. The eyes of Sauron seems to be a running topic.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
There is less than 2 pages of sketches on eBay so far, but you can already see that the majority aren't significantly better than average professional sketches and 3 or 4 are actual clunkers, like the one only a gold ring. I'm not sure who is going to buy early here when the sellers are trying to make back case cost any way they can.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Based on the ridiculously priced autograph and art cards on EBAY I would say they are out. At $550 a box some of the art cards would be a major disappointment to pull. The eyes of Sauron seems to be a running topic.

Just looked at eBay.

First thing I noticed was I am not familiar with many of the people breaking/selling this, which is kinda interesting.

There are a lot of really decent sketches, but there are some that are . . . Yikes. They would be a bad pull in a $60 box, in a box this expensive they are not really acceptable in my opinion. It makes me wonder what the art looked like that the artist used in their portfolio to get the job.

Also, I'm just really having a hard time getting excited about this set. I already have basically all of the LOTR that I want.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also think at this price point they should have sketch cards made for each subject, and dictate what topics/characters are made and how many of each are done.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Give it a few months and the box prices will drop. Honestly, with the exception of Gandalf, you will definitely lose out with opening boxes.

If it ever drop to $300 level as Crisis on Infinite Earths now, it will be fun to open boxes. But don't think will drop to that level, probably will settle down at $350-400.

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jademaliburoad:
quote:

Was it a new promo card?

It was the P7

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane:
quote:
Originally posted by jademaliburoad:
quote:

Was it a new promo card?

It was the P7

Thanks a lot!

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So... the Sarah McLeod and Orlando Bloom autographs don't actually exist? Has anyone seen one yet?

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
So... the Sarah McLeod and Orlando Bloom autographs don't actually exist? Has anyone seen one yet?

I know Bloom is a redemption.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
I know Bloom is a redemption.

That's bad. Bloom would be one of your more desirable signers. Let me caution everyone if you don't know this already. Do not buy any redemption card individually from anyone prior to knowing that the actual autograph card is being sent out. If you miss the card, you miss it. Better than getting stuck waiting and . . .

You wind up spending a good deal of money on Bloom, only to find the card not issued and be offered a redemption replacement that you don't want. Even if you are offered a cheaper redemption, if its prior to distributing, you are taking the risk if it doesn't get released.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I waited over a year for UD to redeem my Josh Brolin Thanos sig. What was even more annoying is other sets were released with his signature while I was still waiting for mine.

Topps finally redeemed Julia Jones from the first Mandalorian set. They asked me roughly a year ago if I wanted a replacement and I said yes. In typical fashion I never got it. When the Jones card was released they didn't send mine because my request still had the replacement tag on it. The IT department had to remove it in order for me to get my Jones card. Of course, this was after not receiving any responses from Topps for several weeks.

As far as Cryptozoic goes I have heard complaints but nothing I would classify as bad service. I think mystery redemptions are a bit lazy.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post