Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Congrats to Meghan Hetrick
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Congrats to Meghan Hetrick
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted

Just wanted to congratulate artist Meghan Hetrick for winning the Dark Horse Conan Art Contest. The news, according to Dark Horse:

quote:
Today marked the release of the brand new Conan the Barbarian series with Brian Wood and Becky Cloonan. And as we led up to this day we ran a Conan Art contest and this has by far been the most successful contest we've ever run. We received over 180 pieces of art all focused on our favorite barbarian.

First, let us say thank you to every single one of you artists that put forth such BEAUTIFUL work for us to work with. Our Editorial team had quite the task of boiling down so many entries to their favorite piece to include in the back of an upcoming issue of the Conan the Barbarian comic books. It was quite the task. But the winner was decided.

Second, we truly wish we could honor every one of you for such amazing efforts, but as per the rules of the contest, there can be only one.

And so without further ado, we give you the Winning piece of Conan Art by Meghan Hetrick

See a much larger version of Meghan's winning entry on the Dark Horse website here.

Come see Meghan, along with a ton of other great artists, at Pop Art Con on June 10 at the Hilton Garden Inn in Fort Washington, PA.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Big Congrats Meghan!!!

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Very cool Clap Congrats!

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Congrats Meghan!! Your art is always outstanding!! Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
Congrats Meghan.

And if any trading card companies are reading this, please can we have a Conan card set with sketch cards soon !!

I would love to own a Conan sketch card by Meghan !! Drool

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Congrats Meghan

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats Meghan

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Way to go Meghan. Metal

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well done Meghan. Clap

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of stucklessportfolio
posted Hide Post
See? From the discussion on your Livestream , to here...there you have it.

Posts: 9 | Location: Canada | Registered: December 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry this is late folks, i never confirmed my email addie (yay spam box!), lol.

Thank you everyone for the congrats! I really REALLY didn't expect to win the contest (as exemplified by the fact that it took me 3 hours to get the piece print ready because, like a tool, i didn't do it in proportion to the page o.O)

As far as i know it should be printed in issue three Smile

Thanks again everyone!

Posts: 3 | Location: PA | Registered: February 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Meghan!! Dance Elephant Clap

Posts: 2288 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post