Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Witchblade
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The base set looks really nice and the sketch cards look fantastic. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very cool, Tom! Looks like another great set!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
BillMausArt

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Veronica O'Connell

Tony Perna

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Rian Gonzales

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Israel Arteaga

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
J.D.Seeber coming soon orders due Friday

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Steven Miller

New Card Talk Member
Picture of OrangeCrush
posted Hide Post
MIchael Turner turned me into a huge Witchblade fan so its nice to see a new set of cards being released. That being said, I am just not impressed with the quality of the sketch cards. In all honesty, for every 1 that I saw that I really liked, there were at least 20-30 that just did nothing for me. Some of the nicer cards were from Allen Gentra, J.D. Seeber and Marcia Dye. Basically the ratio for quality sketch cards is just way too low for me.

I will probbaly just buy the basic set and call it a day.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OrangeCrush,

Posts: 1 | Location: Detroit, MI | Registered: March 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OrangeCrush:

I am just not impressed with the quality of the sketch cards.

I know that art is a strange thing, you know the minute you look at something if you like it or not but I think the quality of the sketches in this set is very good, I'm very impressed with most of what I have seen.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
MIchael Turner turned me into a huge Witchblade fan so its nice to see a new set of cards being released. That being said, I am just not impressed with the quality of the sketch cards. In all honesty, for every 1 that I saw that I really liked, there were at least 20-30 that just did nothing for me. Some of the nicer cards were from Allen Gentra, J.D. Seeber and Marcia Dye. Basically the ratio for quality sketch cards is just way too low for me.

All entitled to an opinion but there is a lot of good art here, sure some artists styles are not to my liking but the ratio of good art is far more than 1 in 20

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
“you spelled ‘Probably’ Wrong”

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Basically the ratio for quality sketch cards is just way too low for me.

Have you ever seen the sketches that come out of Topps products?? Really? The Witchblade sketches rival any sketches issued by any other company.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The quality of art here is way above the curve for an average sketch, which is always the thing you should be looking for. It's not the masterpieces that you can expect to get, it's the average sketch, and Breygent does a great job of ensuring that every sketch is at least worthy of having been drawn by a professional.

I think what happens sometimes is that people just don't like an artist's style or even the subject matter, so the art is not for them. If you don't like the look of a Witchblade or a Vampirella as examples, there is no point in buying the product because that is what you are going to get.

Recently I was looking into the box breakdowns for Once Bitten and there is really some outstanding sketches in there, but there is too much blood for me. I thought the whole blood bath thing ruined some terrific work, but it doesn't mean that the art wasn't great and that others wouldn't love it, it just means it wasn't for my taste.

You have to look at artwork from all angles and just because it's not what you want to buy, it doesn't make it poor quality.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
I absolutely love Witchblade and I'm extremely excited to see a new set for it. I'm just looking forward to the base though and not the sketches. I am a huge Michael Turner fan, to me he will always be the penultimate Witchblade artist. And because of that anytime I see Witchblade I compare it to him and in my eyes nothing compares. I know that and accept it, however I would never say that these sketches are not high quality, they're just not for me.

But it is really cool to see the different artists drawing her. And that's not to say I won't see one that I just have to have.

Posts: 209 | Location: Castle Rock, Colorado | Registered: July 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmcdjj37:
I absolutely love Witchblade and I'm extremely excited to see a new set for it. I'm just looking forward to the base though and not the sketches. I am a huge Michael Turner fan, to me he will always be the penultimate Witchblade artist. And because of that anytime I see Witchblade I compare it to him and in my eyes nothing compares. I know that and accept it, however I would never say that these sketches are not high quality, they're just not for me.

But it is really cool to see the different artists drawing her. And that's not to say I won't see one that I just have to have.

Silvestri blew Turners art outta the water with no effort.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The old saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" applies to sketch card sets more than any other trading card.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pumpkindiver
posted Hide Post
I too am really looking forward to this base set, no interest in the sketches as I agree that every time I see Sara I compare to Turners superior effort, Silverstri and randy green gave it a fair crack too but Turners witchblade will always be the best. Silverstri drew the darkness better though Smile

Posts: 154 | Location: Australia | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post