Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Walking Dead Comics Series (Cryptozoic)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking Dead Comics Series (Cryptozoic)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted
I think this deserves it's own thread here.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
There's a P1 and a P2 promo card out there so far.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Is this set going to be art directly from the comic books? Perhaps comic covers?

posted Hide Post
Just put in my order for 2 boxes hoping the quality of the sketches is good. We're looking at 12 per case instead of the 1 per case with TWDs1.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Just put in my order for 2 boxes hoping the quality of the sketches is good. We're looking at 12 per case instead of the 1 per case with TWDs1.

That's what the odds are. Was thinking of buying a basic set or a mini-master, but with one per box, I think I'll get a box. Was lucky with series one. Bought two boxes and pulled not only a sketch, but a good one.

posted Hide Post
Here's the information i have been given about this set.

·       Based on the Eisner Award-winning comics created by Robert Kirkman ·       AMC’s The Walking Dead television series will premier for its third season in Fall 2012. ·       The Walking Dead has a monthly comic circulation of over 30,000 based on reports by ICV2. ·       Sketch cards based on the art from the critically acclaimed series ·       Multiple-case incentive of a set of autographs from the creators   CONTENTS SUMMARY •       90-card base set •       90-card foil parallel base card set •       “Mini-Book” chase set featuring 9 monthly comics •       “Killed in Action” chase set featuring 9 characters •       Sketch Cards (1:24  packs) •       Printing Plate Cards (1:13 4 packs)

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
Might get a box or two, but I sure hate to see Cryptozoic going down the road of multiple-case incentive cards.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I sure hope they decide to go with some more content per box or at least add some major hits (redemptions for signed copies of books / original art, etc) or I will have to skip my planned cases.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Either way I am in. Can't get enough Walking dead comics & cards! I would love to see some redemptions or cut comic cards or something else to give a little more bang for the buck. I want more info on the incentivesSmile

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want more info on the incentives as well. I hope Cryptozoic doesn't hold back due to the popularity of the subject selling the set.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are there any sketch artists out there that can show some of the cards their working on for this series? I'd love to see them!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
I want more info on the incentives as well. I hope Cryptozoic doesn't hold back due to the popularity of the subject selling the set.

Email just released today that there won't be incentives after all! Wishful thinking I guess Roll Eyes

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post