Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Cult Stuff)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Cult Stuff)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted
Some other artists have posted their cards online, so I figured I'd start a thread here as well! Cult Stuff will be releasing this set, I did 31 total cards. Here's a sampling of my cards:

I focused on the Basil Rathbone/Nigel Bruce characterizations as they were my favorites growing up.

Hopefully other artists will drop in and share some of their artwork!

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Very nice likenesses.

Rathbone was always my favorite Holmes too. Bruce played Watson as comic relief and a bit of a fool. I'm glad they changed that character in later versions.

But your sketches are excellent. Thumb Up

Posts: 10398 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zero
posted Hide Post
Love these, they are all fantastic. Big Grin

Posts: 191 | Location: Cheshire, UK | Registered: January 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
Shipping in January:

This is our first release of a busy 2013 and will be shipping in January. This is one of our most anticipated products of the last 12 months, and the one we have had the most questions and information requests about. The set looks fantastic and it’s full of new art from some top creators. The set will cover the first 12 short stories and it will act as a companion to the book. For this release we decided to change things around a little, and we are reverting back to a 3 pack set. Each pack will be labelled A, B or C. Collecting one of each will ensure you complete the basic cards while all chase and premium inserts remain random. This is what we did with our first Sherlock release 2 years ago and it seemed like a good time to try it again!

This set has our widest variety of inserts to date. Of course you will find sketch cards and autographs (including cut signatures from Rathbone and Brett). Additionally we have artefact cards and first edition cards. These cards contain real fragments of the first ever published editions of the stories, along with images and identifiable passages. Rescued from damaged and partially destroyed vintage 1890’s copies of “The Strand” we have come up with a way to present and save parts of these fantastic stories first published more than a century ago. This will allow collectors to own an identifiable part of a real first edition. This includes passages from the first ever published short story “A Scandal in Bohemia” and many others. These are really very very cool cards.

You will find one premium insert in every pack with 1/3 of the basic set and a selection of chase cards! This set is obviously very limited and of course we will have an early order bonus card again.

Pre orders open in the next 24 hours and a list of sketch artists on the set will be up soon.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sci-FiPlanet,

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
This looks great! It was fun doing work on this set and I'll have to pre-order some as well! Kudos on getting Rathbone and Brett cut signatures, that is awesome!

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The last Sherlock set was very good and this one sounds even better and with only a limited release it should sell out very quickly.

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are a few of my sketch cards for the set.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It looks a really nice set and a good companion to the first release.

Do you have any details on who has signed for the set and what the likely ratios will be for the premium insert in each pack eg. will half the packs have a sketch and the other half either an auto or some type of relic card?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
We are still working on a lot for the cut signatures and waiting on the final numbers for the living folks that have signed as well.

It looks like 4-5 sketch cards per case 1-2 autos per case (this number may be increased) and a variety of relics making up the rest.

This set is a step away from the first release in some ways as we are dealing wholly with the first 12 short stories. The next set will cover the second 12 ect.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just curious as to number of cards in base set, and chase sets.

This will be a great set, thanks for doing it.

Posts: 1 | Location: Washington | Registered: January 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian B.:
Just curious as to number of cards in base set, and chase sets.

This will be a great set, thanks for doing it.

Basic set is 27 cards, chase sets: We are still adding stuff to these even now Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to see SHouseman on sets.
I have an old PSC of his (Shaun of the Dead),
and thought he was always class act.

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:
I'm glad to see SHouseman on sets.
I have an old PSC of his (Shaun of the Dead),
and thought he was always class act.

Thank you for that! I remember Shaun in his white shirt and tie covered with blood! I always liked that card Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any updates on release date and final details for autographs?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
According to Cult Stuff on FaceBook: "This is shipping now!"

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, all orders have now shipped! We are awaiting payment on a couple of invoices but other than a few packs we have kept back for taking to shows and conventions it looks like this set is a sell out! Of course our dealers and distributors may well still have cases for sale and artists will have AP cards that will be available any day now! Clap

Posts: 9 | Location: England | Registered: July 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congrats on another sell out, hardly surprising really considering the quality of the product, but well deserved just the same. Clap

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue Horseshoe
posted Hide Post
I have got a checklist for the set below.

Cut signatures: 12

Ian Richardson,
Edward Hardwicke,
Jeremy Brett,
Clive Brook,
Basil Rathbone,
Paul Williamson,
Stephen Fry.

Stamp Artifacts:
red penny 45
yellow 3d: 20
Green ½ penny: 10
Blue 2 1/2d : 10
Orange ½ penny: 9

Coins Artifacts:
Penny: 43
Farthing: 72
Silver thrupence: 40

Sketch Cards:
Dave Sharpe - 20 cards
Dan Gorman - 45
Jessie Hughes - 22
Angela Capel - 20
Rusty Gilligan - 7
Wu wei - 10
Gavin Hunt - 8
Scott Houseman - 22
Adam Talley - 55
Peter Simeti - 15
Greg Vibog - 13
Laura Inglis - 20
Mark Martino - 12
Josh Werner - 19
Adam Black - 5
Barry Linck - 4
Patrick Hammil - 39
Matthew Zeigler - 10
Carolyn Edwards - 30
Chuck Jett - 18
Robert Hack - 19
Huy Trong - 13

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Some really nice stuff there. Thumb Up

If there are 12 cut sigs why are there only 7 names or is there more than one of some of them.

Picture of Blue Horseshoe
posted Hide Post
Some of the Uncut autos have 2.

Dave.

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post